How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
^You're probably talking about two different things. I don't think she was talking about "fashionable" gothic/punk style.

Saw a girl wearing all denim. The jacket said "Baby Phat" in rhinestones or some crap.
Hey, Alex do u live in new york, because there's a girl in my school who wears nothing but baby phat. The baby phat jean jacket, the baby phat shirt, the baby paht jeans or a baby paht skirt, and the baby paht purse. She is the only person I know who has the baby paht earings and sneakers, besides Kimora. I'm not sure if she has the cell phone holder though. The thing is you would think that since Kimora is tall, her clothes would fit tall people really well. This girl is six feet or maybe a little taller, but her clothes don't fit her well. Maybe she buys a samll size than she is, I don't kow.Only on somedays, she'll wear rocawear or something. I guess her baby paht clothes run out around that time.

15-07-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenfant_sauvage
hey fade nice to meet you too. u'r from hk? i totally agree with your words. materialism had ruined tons of innocent little children's mind here. tell ya, the girl on left on the last pic is only 12 or 13 year old!
hey, yeah I live in HK. It is shocking to hear the last girl is so young...really it's all about labels over here, like Leon Lai for example, I saw him wearing a Gucci denim blazer with a dsquared logo t-shirt, it was horrible. I really think the celebrities/magazines here are not setting a good example, not just in terms of style but in the kind of mentality it breeds in the young people.

it's nice to see there's others who share my point of view in the twisted state of Hong Kong consumerism...would be nice to chat with you some time, do you have AOL Instant Messenger or any other similar programs? PM me if you don't want to reveal them publicly, talk to you later!

15-07-2005
tfs star

i saw a woman looking like sporty spice circa 1995. bright yellow and lime green lace up knee high wrestler's boots (glorified tennis shoe that goes up higher). Lime green shorts, yellow low cut tank, orangish fried hair teased into a sort of 80s faux hawk. Only in brooklyn folks, only in brooklyn.

15-07-2005
scenester

I saw a girl today with a white headband, short ponytail, a blue college shirt (i think is was Hampton or Hofstra), and jeans with grey new balances. It was bad. Poor thing was walking around campus like this.

15-07-2005
front row

guy on a crotch rocket, leather vest, no shirt under, tight tight lee jeans, every trendy tattoo from the past decade.

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

Haha...no Skyred, this was in Kansas City, Missouri.

15-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupkate
guy on a crotch rocket, leather vest, no shirt under, tight tight lee jeans, every trendy tattoo from the past decade.
don't people realize that tattoos are permanent as in forever. should have been original.

15-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
hey, yeah I live in HK. It is shocking to hear the last girl is so young...really it's all about labels over here, like Leon Lai for example, I saw him wearing a Gucci denim blazer with a dsquared logo t-shirt, it was horrible. I really think the celebrities/magazines here are not setting a good example, not just in terms of style but in the kind of mentality it breeds in the young people.

it's nice to see there's others who share my point of view in the twisted state of Hong Kong consumerism...would be nice to chat with you some time, do you have AOL Instant Messenger or any other similar programs? PM me if you don't want to reveal them publicly, talk to you later!

yah agreed. actually i think there are some public figures seriously needs a good stylist. and yah i've got massager. and an AOL acc tho i haven't installed it yet . anyway you can add my msn or yahoo before i've done my aol stuff. username next to the avatar

V.I.P.

I once saw a woman (who was in her 50's probably) wearing
- this horrendous pink sweater
- knee lenght, tight black pants
- fake (Dior I think) metallic blue handbag
- and lace up, ankle high Converse boots! yep, it's this ugly thing that some tacky stores sell here in Brazil... I don't think it's really Converse though, I think it's fake. But it's like All Star Converse shoes, but they're ankle high boots, with high heels (!)...

needless to say... painful

17-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhlala
i abhor the dooney and bourke crayon purses! ahhh.

well said ohhlala

17-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyeightkeys
^ I, for one, do not understand this gaucho thing going around. Some of them aren't so bad, but the ones that have amounts of fabric so swathingly large that they stretch from LA to Timbuktu? I'm sorry, but

(And here is where someone would say that they're absolutely in love with gauchos, that they're the best thing since fried chicken...)
Actually I own a pair of denim gauchos, and I really love them. And they're 25% bamboo so they're scarily soft...but they have very little of that "flare" at the bottom, actually the last time I wore them someone descirbed them as "sleek". :p I can't stand the kind with large amounts of fabric, they look crazy, or the stretchy poyester kind... And I would definitely never wear them with "a pink juicy dress, running trainers, and a metallic blue hobo bag." No, definitely not...that would be awful.

My point was that gauchos are not always bad, they have a strong potential to be bad, but worn correctly they can look good.

17-07-2005
trendsetter

I see TONS of bad fashion and fashion victims at work.
Example: Tonight I saw this grown lady wearing an oversized black t shirt with the phrase "I know I have a bad attitude, so what?!" printed in huge block letters on the front, white sweats with 'despicable' written down one leg with a pic of Daffy Duck, those huge foam platform flip flops and a fluffy pink (like Britney Spears in Baby One More Time) hair tie holding her scraggly hair in a pony tail smack on top of her head. BLECH!

18-07-2005
holy####ery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopsmuch
I can't stand the kind with large amounts of fabric, they look crazy, or the stretchy poyester kind...
Oh, no, those are the kind I mean, the stretchypolyester ones that invade all usable space around the leg for a six mile radius... Your's sound quite nice...

18-07-2005
backstage pass

^^^^^
Ew! The girls at my university looooove those tacky gauchoes. They make them even more hideous by wearing them with t-shirts and running shoes. I see them everywhere!

I agree tho, the denim ones sound really cute and tasteful.

23-07-2005
front row

Today, 15:10 or so...

Two fried bottle blonde girls on the train. Spent a good 20 minutes putting on make up and complaining in ebonics that they need to get to Walgreens to get more. They were so loud and obnoxious that I tried very hard to ignore them. I mistakenly looked up as they were exiting (it was the sudden drop in volume that made me raise my head).

This image will haunt me in nightmares tonight <<shudder>>:

180 pounds of young marshmallow ghetto wannabe of which 50 pounds were squeezing out over the super low rise jeans and both sides of the lime green polyester peasant tube top with a big bright pink metallic heart on it. Flip flops, of course.

Taking over the world one siggy at a time.
I am bunny.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims