How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2005
windowshopping

a group of three girls
one wearing all bright yellow. i mean bright...she looked like a canary. yellow stilletos, cropped trousers and cropped top.
one wearing a white skirt, huge diamante belt, cropped bright turquoise top (and she did NOT have the figure to be wearing it)
and the other i can't remember
all with too much fake tan, too much makeup and so many jewellery containing diamante it almost made me blind.
they were probably about 13

22-08-2005
living in the sprawl

well, i did have a look in the mirror :p

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
22-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpossessed
a group of three girls
one wearing all bright yellow. i mean bright...she looked like a canary. yellow stilletos, cropped trousers and cropped top.
one wearing a white skirt, huge diamante belt, cropped bright turquoise top (and she did NOT have the figure to be wearing it)
and the other i can't remember
all with too much fake tan, too much makeup and so many jewellery containing diamante it almost made me blind.
they were probably about 13
wow.. scary..

22-08-2005
tailored

i saw a girl at lunch wearing a diane von furstenberg-ish wrap dress (in a flowery print, white background) over jeans (with wide flares), birkenstocks, a trucker cap and a fake coach purse (the "c"'s were "g"'s)

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookymonster
I thought girls hated being seen in the same outfit??
AH - but if the outfit shows off how much money they spent on it, then who cares?

22-08-2005
front row

Quote:
trucker cap
why why! they only look good on Ashton!

23-08-2005
V.I.P.

- Beige Juicy velour minidress
- Gucci Flora opentoe mules
- Gold Juicy horseshoe pendant necklace
- Gold Tiffany's hoops
- Tortoise Gucci horsebit sunglasses
- Gold Gucci horsebit watch
- Fendi monogram hobo

*sigh* twas my sister...I dont know how that dress got by my screening system

23-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
?1[\0\0\0\0? \0st]i love fashion victims...i hope to be one. fashion victims are always the most interesting people to see out and about...and its nice to see people wear what they like, and dont rely on trends, and 'style' to fit in/stand out/be individual. if thats what theyre comfy in, then go nuts i say...the faker, the tackier, the most 80's and outdated the better...
hello confused person...
i don;t think you understand the meaning of the word 'victim'...

IT IS NOT AND NEVER IS A GOOD THING...by definition...
so if you like someone's outfit...then you would never refer to them as a fashion victim....

you see...?......

VICTIM-i believe 80's refers to the decade that the man's clothing or 'look' is from...not his actual AGE...

...[/QUOTE]Well it depends on how you look at it.A drug victim is a tragic person of course, a fashion victim IMO dont have the same problem.You dont die if you dont stop wearing crazy clothes.

23-08-2005
V.I.P.

dont know what happend with that quote??? Im to tierd and to dizzy and I cant spell so I leave it alone for a while...

23-08-2005
Fierce Flava

Goldmember couple in Trader Joe's....

Her- Gold headnet with gold flower, gold skirt suit with Big gold bead necklace a gold leopard brooch on her jacket, knitted cream top (with gold mixed into the weave), gold fishnets and shoes and clutch.

Him- golden suit, white shoes, gold cross brooch, gold chain, gold hankerchief in lapel

23-08-2005
trendsetter

tight *** leather pants, ripped tank, trucker hat (ahh), fake louis speedy (double ahh), stilletos..........and tons of makeup and bracelets....

V.I.P.

Anyway its a bit of fun to see people in extreme outfits. This whole thread seems to be about people without money who tries a little to hard to keep up with what they see in the magazines and on tv, its pathetic but true.

23-08-2005
desire, undefined

one at my school wore burberry pants with the nova check today (not even fake, which makes it even more sad in my opinion. i can't believe people would actually spend this much on such gross pants). they were paired with a hot pink ultra tight cami in a stretchy material and white chinese slippers with sequins. it was hideous

V.I.P.

Seems that she´s a case of more money than taste!!!

23-08-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692
The thing that gets me about goths and punks are... they think they're being so individual, when, in reality, there are sooo many people nowadays who dress like that. And they can't possibly be happy with the way they look (greasy hair is not only disgusting, but shows they don't know how to take showers)!
Uhm...no....goths usually dress the way they do to show they're different than most people in that they don't seek to conform to the most common standards. Usually this happens when people go to school with a bunch of hot-stuff-wannabes and feel that they need to dissociate themselves from those people - typical anti-social teenage stuff. By dressing really weird you show that you don't care about trends - even if some fashion victims are so conformist that they think if they see a person who sticks out they assume that person is either retarded or doesn't own a mirror. Because how could anyone EVER not want to look like everbody else? It's just such a conundrum.

Anyway, yeah, it often looks rather awful but I always like to see people who stick out. It's more fun that way. Plus, when the goth look is done right it's amazing....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims