How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-12-2005
front row

San Francisco, CA:
drab, uninspired, label whores, eurotrashy, unoriginal, fashion faux pas ridden, girls still wear Uggs, investment bankers wearing track jackets out to dinner and still think its cool, people do not care what they look like or else they would not leave their houses the way they do, hideous, unbearable, a fashion hell, disgusting and dirty hippies, homeless chic, and even worse, hipper than thou hipsters who wouldnt have any idea how to dress if hedi slimane didnt tell them how to do so and/or if H&M hadnt opened... I see people hitting that place here harder than a crackhead hits his favorite crack pipe... I left williamsburg because I was so sickened by the "scene" only to move to a city filled with "scenesters" who can't even pull off the look... its a joke...

yillar du min a byxor?

Last edited by sleazie ninja; 29-12-2005 at 06:50 PM.

31-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazie ninja
San Francisco, CA:
drab, uninspired, label whores, eurotrashy, unoriginal, fashion faux pas ridden, girls still wear Uggs, investment bankers wearing track jackets out to dinner and still think its cool, people do not care what they look like or else they would not leave their houses the way they do, hideous, unbearable, a fashion hell, disgusting and dirty hippies, homeless chic, and even worse, hipper than thou hipsters who wouldnt have any idea how to dress if hedi slimane didnt tell them how to do so and/or if H&M hadnt opened... I see people hitting that place here harder than a crackhead hits his favorite crack pipe... I left williamsburg because I was so sickened by the "scene" only to move to a city filled with "scenesters" who can't even pull off the look... its a joke...

I love your intensity... Move to NYC (just stay inside during the holidays. You'll hate the tourists..)

scenester

I live in Southern Cali. It's either surfer, ghetto, or goth. I'm getting sick of people wearing XXXL shirts. So annoying. I wish people here would actually wear something that fits them.

17-01-2006
fashion elite

Washington, DC is pretty conservative in dress, being as that most people either work with the government or for them. Plus we have some of the largest law firms in the Nation here, so again, more conservative dress.

You dont see too much fashion, or trendiness in this area sadly.

But its certainly better than where I came from, where there is no fashion at all. Just frat guys wearing socks with those rubber Addidas flip flops adn thinking they look good.

22-01-2006
tfs star

hollister. :yuck:

22-01-2006
scenester

Hollister
and
Boho

i dislike it so much.

fashion insider

The girls at my college dress like the girl's from Laguna Beach....all tanned with the semi-straight hair,Coach and D&B bags, WAY too tight shirts......no sense of creativity and they ALL LOOK ALIKE!

The guys either do pot-head grunge, American Eagle (yuck) or hill-billy...I have to say, it's scary when the Hill-Billies look the best!

fashion insider

In Palm Beach it's all about showing off how much money you have. So, you see huge labels on everything! It really seems tacky to me.
However, those consumers have brought a lot of great boutiques and brands to our area. So, maybe they are good for something.

22-01-2006
front row

You know, I figure fashion is like tribal identification for a lot of people, rather than expression. They dress to fit in. Of course, it's uninspired and not individual...that's the whole point. My ex-boyfriend used to go to the hair salon and ask for the "normal-guy haircut." Which I thought was pretty amusing.

That said, I rather like how the people around me dress. Lots of layers and vintage. Arm warmers this year...last year it was leg warmers. Clothes that are broken in. There are also a lot of Japanese students here who run around in tight jeans and the J.Lo furry bomber jackets. Hmm. That's all I can think of right now. I'll have to look more closely at what people wear and report back again later. It's like an anthropological assignment!

23-01-2006
backstage pass

Salt Lake City:

There is alot of Abercrombie and Hollister(Fake tans, blonde short bobs), Personally i dont like hollister AT ALL!... and the bag of choice is (LV real or fake...its so over used) but on a rare occassion you see people with there own style. Its more of a plain area but i take it to my advantage i love to stick out with my own personal flare ....

23-01-2006
backstage pass

we have a "uniform" in my city for all girls ages ten to twenty-five: abercrombie sweatshirt over hollister t-shirt, hollister or american eagle jeans, for shoes either flip flops (despite the fact it may be snowing outside), or fake UGG boots/slippers, or raggedy old american eagle knockoff birkenstocks. complemented by a knockoff LV or lately a knockoff Chloé bag (and none of these girls even know how to PRONOUNCE Chloé). if you don't wear this, you're not "cool". it's great fun; i love my town. yup. no one has personal style, but it's pretty much impossible for most people to have any because all we have store-wise in our area is abercrombie, hollister, and american eagle. no good vintage or thrift stores even. it's bad.

Last edited by shopsmuch; 23-01-2006 at 08:01 PM.
23-01-2006
windowshopping

In our city,there are so many KIDS like to wear Stussy,Supreme,A Bathing Ape(a lot)..etc.These street Brands.They also are fashion viticms.Poor.Some of people like to buy fake LV,Vivienne Westwood,Partick Cox...etc.Oh,My world!
Despite of this,there are also many PUNKERS.Underground shoes,Nails,Chains,are their weapons.

24-01-2006
my loves a pony.

a bunch of kids who dress like they're on thecobrasnake.com and redneck chic. also, some pretty well-dressed people. not too bad all in all. it could be worse.

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.
25-01-2006
scenester

Totally uninspiring. Seven Jeans, So Low up-the-butt sweatpants, white wife beater, random top. North face or some random puffer jacket. Uggs. Louis, fake Balenciaga, Dooney, Long Champ, Herve, and Coach.
It's like the sorority girl uniform. When they get *creative* they wear citizens of humanity jeans and copy whoever is on the cover of In Touch or whatever tabloid.

26-01-2006
scenester

Toronto
I think that people in this city dress fairly well, of course, the photos that are on all of the Toronto street fashion sites don't do the real stylies justice...i didn't think we had an abercrombie in canada, but that style is all i see...i need to get a digital camera and start taking photos of REAL events and streetstyle, and not underage "indie/emo" nights. my friend and i have started an online magazine, and soon when people google toronto streetstyle, they won't see a bunch of coke sluts and bad shoes...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, style