How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-10-2005
windowshopping

where i live people wear the average paint splattered, torn up surfie brand clothes, ugg boots are the height of style, and the more logos you wear the better...lol go country towns...

23-10-2005
front row

Seattle, WA:

Fleece, Gore-tex, and jeans
Ratty, pilly sweaters
Birkenstocks with woolly grey socks
No makeup
No haircolor. Brushing optional.

I saw a middle-aged couple dressed like this at THE OPERA. In the most expensive seats, no less, so it's not as if they couldn't afford to dress decently. It's a fashion wasteland here

23-10-2005
front row

burlington, ontario, canada...

i can honestly say only about 5 people dress well at my school, 2 guys and 3 girls. me being one of those guys. we wear uniforms but the days we get to wear clothes people always look soooo bad. everyone else is in brands like parasuco, T5S, and crap like that. burlington's the 2nd richest city in canada, so we all have money, but ive learned that money cant really buy style lol. my friends and i are always in vintage, tsubi, h&m, and sometimes in designers like dior and dolce gabbana.

- raph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truly jew.jpg (261.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (333.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg us at coldplay.jpg (106.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg lora who.jpg (87.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ****in good.jpg (59.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by raphy; 23-10-2005 at 02:16 PM.
23-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy
burlington, ontario, canada...

i can honestly say only about 5 people dress well at my school, 2 guys and 3 girls. me being one of those guys. we wear uniforms but the days we get to wear clothes people always look soooo bad. everyone else is in brands like parasuco, T5S, and crap like that. burlington's the 2nd richest city in canada, so we all have money, but ive learned that money cant really buy style lol. my friends and i are always in vintage, tsubi, h&m, and sometimes in designers like dior and dolce gabbana.

- raph
Parasuco needs to die. Honestly

Here
Girls: either cheap/trashy style (jeans 2 sizes too small so that they create absolutely flattering lovehandles , most of the time Parasucos), "punk"/skater for the most part. or like, cheap clothes that come from Jacob Connexion/Le Garage/Dynamite. Everyone dresses the same, guh.

Guys: skater or rapper... or like a shirt and jeans (that look cheap)

It's awful, in my school there are only 2-3 people who I can talk designers and fashion with.

23-10-2005
front row

ewww soo many wannabe emos at my school too, like i got my vans ages ago and all of a sudden they were in. i HATE it, they're all in like band tees, its soooo gay.

23-10-2005
V.I.P.

Liverpool is orange tan, blonde extentions, bright colours. A lot of waistcoats and tweeds and black and whites and skinny jeans atm, as wellas lots of metallics. Lots of kind of beads and layers and flat boots. cut off tights and converses. There is too many trends to list but these are the ones i imeadiatly think of.

23-10-2005
trendsetter

Riverside, CA
most people in this town dress blah..
girls: platform thongs/flipflops, lucky jeans, gaucho pants, AF/Hollister/A|X tees, gold flipflops or those indian style flats, gold bags, gold belts, gold hoops, gold gold gold. and silver too, long bead necklaces, big glasses,...I've seen layering of tanks which is nice..but still seen alittle too often.

guys: brown thongs/flipflops, polos (haven't seen the majority of them popped), faux hawks, big glasses.

There's a nice handful of people who have great style and there's an even larger handful of people who wear pajama bottoms or sweats. Or the basic tee n flipflips (playin it safe).

We also have OTT girls who have on tooooo much make up (even at the gym) and too many accessories. But meh..I digress. It's a college area.

Outside the college area..everyone looks like crap.
I wanna go hang out in Westwood...atleast most of the people there care about how they look. People around here make me feel like I'M OTT and I'm not.

Last edited by greeen; 23-10-2005 at 02:44 PM.
23-10-2005
front row

the bay area there is realy no set style, here's as many gangsters as there are hipsters as there are as many fashionables and non-fashionables. depending on what part you are in is where you find the niches, just like everywhere else.

23-10-2005
fashion icon

damn, i wanna be a gangster. what kinda clothes do i need for this look?

23-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Hard to look original in a sea of Londoners all vying to be the most stylish one of all!
True. True. At least they keep us on our toes eh Susie I posted this collage in the "post a picture that describes your style" thread... I like to think it is very London indeed and it is my ideal that I aim for (not on all days though -that would require too much energy... oh and money!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me.JPG (102.8 KB, 25 views)

23-10-2005
windowshopping

aarg just wanna put it out there
Jersians (New Jersey) have no style watsoever. we are not trendy either
tshirt jeans sneakers.
and you would think that we're right by New York City we shoulve picked up some kinda style...lol

23-10-2005
front row

I'm in university right now so I'm surrounded by people that do not care at all. Sweatpants..hoodies...actual athletic runners...its pretty bad. And when they dress up for Friday nights it's just as bad. What girls define as style are:
- Sevens or Diesel jeans
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- those damn J.Lindenberg hoodies and tees
- hair extensions
- tons of makeup esp. bronzer or tanner
boys:
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- chains and rings. "their bling"
- tight shirts tight jeans
- stud in ears. tanned. gelled hair.

24-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
True. True. At least they keep us on our toes eh Susie
Or it keeps my credit card bills running sky high!

Love your collage board. A cool inspiration.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
24-10-2005
rising star

The style in Sydney is pretty laid back and casual (like most cities). Everyone's into havaianas thongs, these lose stripe polo type t-shirts, black skinny legs with some form of slouchy bag worn across the body. Black cuffed shorts are also beginning their epidemic quite rapidly which has already turned me right off them and if it continues I don't think I'll be wearing shorts at all this season. (We're in summer by the way)

24-10-2005
trendsetter

I live in one of the poorest towns in Iowa. So that being said I'm sure you can understand that people here don't have money for clothes sometimes.

Girls-The "cool" girls wear American Eagle everything. Shoes are flipflops in the summerk, skata shoes in the winter. (Which I don't get since most of them don't skateboard.) The bobo/boho trend is slowy taking over. Almost a year later then every where else.

Guys-Always sneakers. They wouldn't be caught dead in flipflops. It sign of "gayness" in my town. Rich- Polos from American Eagle/Abercromie and the such. Poor-I'm not sure where they get there shirts. Most of it's pretty out there.

Both genders wear Waukon school shirts. You can probally see up to 50-100 people a day wearing one.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, style