How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_jealous
Canada... things don't change at all. trends or stylish individuals practically don't exist.
are you kidding?? i have a few stylish friends and i live in burlington, On. a random suburb. you cant generalize like that. did you not see my pics up on page 2? there IS style and there ARE fashionable people in canada, because i AM one of them.

30-10-2005
trendsetter

definately going to have to agree with raphy.

i can't speak for burlington because i've never been there but i can say that there are many stylish people in toronto. walk down queen st. in toronto and try to tell me you see no one stylish.

30-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ It all comes down to personal taste. What's stylish for one person may not be for another.

I've been to Toronto a few times already and I can't recall seeing nay noteworthy outfits.... But I can't really judge from there because I haven't been there long enough!

30-10-2005
follow the lights

because i AM one of them.

30-10-2005
dsq
backstage pass

you see the occasional stylish person on the streets of downtown, toronto that makes you look twice

30-10-2005
kus
front row

antwerp-there's ghosts around every corner
not all of them dressed as well as you'd think.

i have a thing for badly dressed ghosts.

31-10-2005
tfs star

Boring. Totally mainstream. You get the odd person who will look good but majority isnt anything that out there or special.

fashion icon

I live in a city that“s packed with students and they all the tend to wear the same boring crap, sensible shoes, black jackets and burberry printed scarves, year in, year out. The goth kids are who keep me from drowning in depression

31-10-2005
windowshopping

i am from Montreal and i see a lot of interesting styles, people that seem to have fun with clothes, alot of vintage vrai et faux, funny sunglasses, hats, dresses,cute haircuts, a LOT of tattoos..of courses drowned in the crowd of kids that all have the gold weaved belt and the long beaded necklace...but thats ok..it makes the fun ones stand out

31-10-2005
fashion elite

Hollister, Abercrombie and low rise jeans...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy
are you kidding?? i have a few stylish friends and i live in burlington, On. a random suburb. you cant generalize like that. did you not see my pics up on page 2? there IS style and there ARE fashionable people in canada, because i AM one of them.
Wow. I obviously don't know you at all but to say that was egotistical. Buying tee shirts from Urban Outfitters doesn't necessarily make you infinitely more stylish then the next person in any way, shape or form.

And to ms_prissy, I have walked down Queens St. in Toronto and was sadly disappointed. I excepted more.
Montreal however, is where my heart belongs. Maybe its the fact that you guys speak French but damn are you stylish people. I was in Chinatown and you Montrealers dress well.

31-10-2005
tfs star

The fashion scene in Louisville, Kentucky is exactly what you think it is -- mainstream mall fashion, and "the ladies who lunch", "horsey-set" type. Not that Chicago (my hometown) is that great, but at least you would see a few stylin' people around.

31-10-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy
little Narcisse..dont get too close of the water...

im happy you like Montreal So_jealous..its a great city and i think that the fact that there is so many people from all over Canada that lives here makes it lively and fun (+ the little french touch bien sūr!! )

31-10-2005
front row

kaaaay clearly just confidence. you cant dis a whole country's style and expect me not to say anything.

02-11-2005
front row

Nashville - it varies by counties. Williamson, Rutherford> there's lots of 'money' there and people compete with what they wear, drive, their homes, etc....Classic, trendy, you name it...and expensive handbags (fake need not apply here) shoes, BIG HAIR and finished faces (polished makeup is a must here). It's like a Southern Hollywood...very trendy and materialistic. Every trend in the world in found in the Village/West End area of Nashville. There's lots of celebs who live here (country music, actors, etc...)and people try to live up to their lifestyles (that's what I think). I don't have pics but if someone does please post....

Last edited by Labeladdict2; 02-11-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, style