How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2005
yes

^^ ok.....well at least you HAVE an interview

my one is a 'review' day where they screen through everyone's work and then only select the ones they like for interviews

07-04-2005
tea time

^^^ that does seem so much worse i really do hope you do well and get an interview which im sure you will

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
07-04-2005
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyboots
^^^ that does seem so much worse i really do hope you do well and get an interview which im sure you will
i wouldnt be suprised if they dont to be honest.
i havent really done as much as i was hoping to do

07-04-2005
tea time

keep a positive attitude its not quantity its the quality

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
07-04-2005
crossed wires.

just keep workin at it acid you've got over a week forgodsake! *if only i'd used last week* thats like 140hours worth of work if u have 4 hours for sleep everyday u'll be fine

07-04-2005
yes

im pinning a jacket together like a bitch so i have it ready for a photo shoot next week

07-04-2005
crossed wires.

haha^ I've just finished taking pics of all of my stuff, and theyr all stuck down. None of them are professional photo shoot esque or anything, just taken against a black background or in my living room

07-04-2005
yes

i bet everyone is worrying for nothing.........i mean we ARE the fashion spotters
what we dont know about fashion aint worth knowing

you'll probhably go in tomorrow and laugh at everyone elses work they have nothing on you

07-04-2005
crossed wires.

So what u got to say for yourself? *slips post it with www.thefashionspot.com infront of interviewer* nudge nudge wink wink and ur in

I'm getting up early tomorrow, gunna do some painting (in acrylic) quick drying, and whack them in the portfolio too, I feel much calmer. Hmm I think i'll go sleep now 3.30 tomorrow so i've got a fair bit of the day to use

08-04-2005
scenester

wow....they actually....give you time to get there! *shocked*. Why does everywhere make the interviews at 10pm in the morning?! Knowing how far some people are travelling! Insanity!

Had mine for UCLAN today...the guy said he's reccomending me for a place-whatever that means..! Sounded good though.

08-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypresses
I did three portfolios/Interviews in passed 5 years and I got into the programs I want every time. Here are some points I’d like to share, part from my experiences and part form the professors I talked to.

1. A lot of people try to squeeze all the works into one portfolio but it really doesn't matters, you can have two different size portfolios, in a way it enables you to have more variety. I usually have one binder (16.5” by 14.5”) that holds all the small size 2D graphic and 3D photos. Than I have a full size carrier, I’ll put all the originals works either matted or frame with black card board/form board.

2. To including original and different size 2D and 3D of work is very important, it allows you to have some interaction between you and your interviewer.

3. If you have a project that content a series of pages, its batter to have a separate holder, in this case, 8.5” by 11” is ideal; in each page you only need a paragraph and one image. When you walk through the project with your interviewer, “you” flip through the book, for each of page just give the interviewer enough time to brows through the images, don’t let they look deep into it. And, stop at the important pages, this is where you will put high light of the project, concept, main image/design…this gives the interviewer time to take a breath, and for you this is a great chance to see the reaction of the interviewer. If the interviewer is interesting in the project, they often flip back to the pages where you quickly go through, or ask questions when you stop.

4. It is super critical to include different mediums/media/style/method.

5.Try to have as many as original as possible.
Why on earth did yo u go to 3 interviews in 5 years if you got in??????

08-04-2005
rising star

lol, there are tons programs out there

08-04-2005
crossed wires.

well thats my interview over and done with *phew* god I'm knackered but I need to get out tonight, have a bit of social time the wines-a-calling

08-04-2005
yes

i take it went well then!!

still waiting to hear from matt

08-04-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
can i just ask.......why does everyone do their portfolio's so god damm big
i do my sketch books on A5 and collections in A4.... i find it much easier to go through and more concise

yet every art student is still anal about having the biggest folio somehow
most design/art related programs I have looked at prefer portfolios to be in that size for the exact reason you mentioned.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
applying, fashion, graduation, portfolio, school