How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-11-2011
  256
V.I.P.
 
myown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Germany
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,194
^ah thank you!

__________________
  Reply With Quote
 
08-11-2011
  257
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris/Tokyo
Gender: homme
Posts: 89
Yuli Ziv released a book called "FASHION 2.0: BLOGGING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT ROW", It might be interesting to read...

The insider’s guide to turning your fashion blog into a successful business and launching a new career.

In this first of its kind insider’s guide, Yuli Ziv, Style Coalition’s founder, reveals the secrets behind her own online success and that of her network, which represents more than 50 top fashion and beauty bloggers, in partnership with ELLE. You will find practical business advice on how to:

Brand yourself as a top blogger and sought-after influencer
Build valuable relationships with PR companies and brands
Secure invitations to important industry events
Work with advertising networks
Develop new revenue streams
Land spokesperson deals and large scale sponsorships
Position yourself at the forefront of the fashion blogosphere


If you don't have money, you can still read her blog. It's very usefull !! !
http://yuliziv.com/blog/

__________________
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2011
  258
windowshopping
 
RoRa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Israel
Gender: femme
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiss View Post
Yuli Ziv released a book called "FASHION 2.0: BLOGGING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT ROW", It might be interesting to read...

The insider’s guide to turning your fashion blog into a successful business and launching a new career.

In this first of its kind insider’s guide, Yuli Ziv, Style Coalition’s founder, reveals the secrets behind her own online success and that of her network, which represents more than 50 top fashion and beauty bloggers, in partnership with ELLE. You will find practical business advice on how to:

Brand yourself as a top blogger and sought-after influencer
Build valuable relationships with PR companies and brands
Secure invitations to important industry events
Work with advertising networks
Develop new revenue streams
Land spokesperson deals and large scale sponsorships
Position yourself at the forefront of the fashion blogosphere


If you don't have money, you can still read her blog. It's very usefull !! !
http://yuliziv.com/blog/
thank you for sharing! it seems helpful

  Reply With Quote
12-11-2011
  259
V.I.P.
 
Kate_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,874
^ thanks for this! I still haven't had the time to collect all the top bloggers tips from both threads so I might just as well follow her tips

__________________
A FASHION INTERN THAT RUNS (ERRANDS, THAT IS) http://mar-adam.com/
  Reply With Quote
13-11-2011
  260
windowshopping
 
RoRa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Israel
Gender: femme
Posts: 12
well lovelies, i just recently launched my photoblog,
and although it is not a classical fashion blog,
i still see the theme (fashion photography shoots im working on)
as realted.

would love to get your honest critique about the blog (
content, design, really everything)
so thanks in advance for your time and thoughts

it's called Shooting Sun. enjoy your travel.

  Reply With Quote
13-11-2011
  261
rising star
 
carysss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 160
Hi everyone! I have recently started a new blog called Beyond the High Street, documenting the best of local independent fashion in my city of Cardiff. Cardiff has always prized itself on its beautiful arcades, and since two much-loved fashion boutiques have had to close down this year due to financial pressures, I wanted to showcase what the city has to offer.

I also hope to cover local fashion in Britain outside of Cardiff as well, so if anyone would like to profile their city beyond the high street, do get in touch at caryscross@hotmail.com. Thanks!

__________________
my blog - skinnies and pinnies
  Reply With Quote
14-11-2011
  262
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris/Tokyo
Gender: homme
Posts: 89
I will have a technical question on Website traffic statistics...

I got a huge difference between my Google Analytics and my web server logs !
There is an explication to that ?!

__________________
  Reply With Quote
15-11-2011
  263
rising star
 
ched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Gender: homme
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiss View Post
I will have a technical question on Website traffic statistics...

I got a huge difference between my Google Analytics and my web server logs !
There is an explication to that ?!
What specific statistics are not lining up. Maybe you're comparing hits to pageviews or unique visitors? What is the specific problem?

__________________
publisher of modaCYCLE - @modacycle_cb
  Reply With Quote
15-11-2011
  264
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris/Tokyo
Gender: homme
Posts: 89
I'm comparing Google Analytics vs WP-PostViews (plug-in that I installed on my wordpress)

Google Analytics seems to be not very accurate....

__________________
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  265
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: milan, italy
Gender: homme
Posts: 14
my blog
For a long time I wanted to make a blog about my work experience in the fashion industry. I live and work in Milan, Italy as a journalist. If you think it could interest you, have a look at fallenfashionista.blogspot.com
I know young people want to believe that fashion industry is a glamorous place, but I think it is important to say how it really is. Good and bad sides. What do you think? Can my blog work? Or people just want to belieive in fantasies like "The Devil wears Prada"?

__________________
Unique magazine/blog about fashion industry, my personal work experience and much more.
http://fallenfashionista.net/
  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  266
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA
Gender: femme
Posts: 225
@kikiss I've come across the same issue before. I run my blog on blogger not on wordpress, but Google Analytics shows quite a difference from my SiteMeter account. I'm sure they must pick up on traffic differently as there is a huge difference between the two.. I'm in the same boat and I'd like to hear others opinions, but I'm still going to continue to ignore Google Analytics and listen to my SiteMeter

  Reply With Quote
30-11-2011
  267
Vogue Paris Intern
 
FrenchCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffashionist View Post
For a long time I wanted to make a blog about my work experience in the fashion industry. I live and work in Milan, Italy as a journalist. If you think it could interest you, have a look at fallenfashionista.blogspot.com
I know young people want to believe that fashion industry is a glamorous place, but I think it is important to say how it really is. Good and bad sides. What do you think? Can my blog work? Or people just want to belieive in fantasies like "The Devil wears Prada"?
I think it's a great idea to post about your experience in fashion and it has a lot of potential.
If I may give a piece of advice, it would be to inject a little bit more humor / irony in your writing. I'm sure it must be frustrating and difficult to work in this industry at times, but you don't want to come off as too bitter in your writing.

__________________
Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
04-12-2011
  268
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: milan, italy
Gender: homme
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
I think it's a great idea to post about your experience in fashion and it has a lot of potential.
If I may give a piece of advice, it would be to inject a little bit more humor / irony in your writing. I'm sure it must be frustrating and difficult to work in this industry at times, but you don't want to come off as too bitter in your writing.
Thank you very much for your comment, I really appreciate it. However, I would say that my blog is all about irony and humor and for that you do need a nice dose of bitterness, don't you?

__________________
Unique magazine/blog about fashion industry, my personal work experience and much more.
http://fallenfashionista.net/
  Reply With Quote
04-12-2011
  269
Vogue Paris Intern
 
FrenchCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,895
^ Yes you do but personally I don't really feel the humor (enough) in your writing. Just my perception anyway!

__________________
Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
04-12-2011
  270
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffashionist View Post
Thank you very much for your comment, I really appreciate it. However, I would say that my blog is all about irony and humor and for that you do need a nice dose of bitterness, don't you?
I disagree w/ FrenchCactus, I absolutely love how honest you are with your emotions in your blog and can relate to some of your posts (like the 13 euro one). Blogging is first and foremost for you to express yourself, right? Having been in very similar situations, I think you show a lot of restraint because I get plenty more ragey than that on my blog.

And oh, the stories I'm waiting to tell a few years down the line...


Last edited by kimberwyn; 04-12-2011 at 06:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #2, advice, blog, fashion, post, promoting, rules, starting, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.