How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2011
windowshopping

If you could choose between these two internships....who would you choose?

Burberry versus Seventh House PR

BTW: I'm a PR student and want to enter the fashion PR field.

I need help choosing and I really want both!

31-03-2011
windowshopping

I would pick Burberry unless you want to be 1 of 13 inters running around the city for send outs all day. With Burberry you might get to do some actual work, meaning making copies, or some sort of data entry.

Seventh house takes mostly everyone who applies.

31-03-2011
backstage pass

oakazine is looking for interns and elite new york is also looking for a summer intern

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for the heads up!

If you have information with the details and contact info , it would be very helpful to post in in this thread: 'Help Wanted' - Post Unpaid Internships & Other Unpaid Opps (no comments, please!)

02-04-2011
tfs star

do Burberry, you'll always have time for PR agencies once you have a good name on your CV

backstage pass

I will start my internship at Modelwerk next week. I'm soo excited

08-04-2011
V.I.P.

Hi, guys. I need your advice. I'm a journalism student in my 3rd year, and I have work experience (for example, I've been doing practical work at L'Officiel Russia). This summer I'd like to have my internship somewhere abroad. In London, to be honest. Do I have a fair chance? Where should I send my applications in the first place? I know it sound like I have no clue, but I've never send applications in international magazines, so I'm interested in everything. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Prairie; 08-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
08-04-2011
V.I.P.

I would suggest that you get copies of those magazines based in London or Google them to see if they e if they have web sites ... you want their corporate site, not their subscirber site. Look for "employment" or "jobs" ... anything like that and see if they post internship or work experience opportunities. If they do, you will have contact info right there.

If not, call the corporate offices and ask if they have an internship/work experience program and ask who to speak to or where to send your resume /CV. If you can't get any information, I'd attempt to send it to their "human resources/employment" department ... and they will likely be involved in any internships, etc.

10-04-2011
backstage pass

Alber Elbaz on internship

"We all eat together at the studio. I have interns who are in charge of the food. At first they were angry. They had their masters degrees in fashion or art and they didn’t feel like they should have to go and buy food. But I said to them, ‘By going out and buying food for everyone, you’ll get to know Paris, and you can practice your French.’ I think when our relationship starts with food bringing people together, it gets deeper. I think relationships get closer when you share more things than work. They talk about desire, they talk about what it is that they feel like having today. We all eat together. I hardly eat out when I am in Paris. I don’t do lunch dates because it cuts my day. I rarely go out now. I rarely do parties. I don’t do dinners for 10 where you talk about the weather. I can’t take it. I’d rather eat at the studio, because we know each other and we won’t talk about the weather . . . So there is a starting point."

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

shoegal87 ... moving your request for advice to this thread about school and career goals ... a little more suited to your question: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90...ons-58781.html

11-04-2011
windowshopping

Interning for an online mag, online only?
I'm a high school student, and I'm far, far away from any internships. Is it possible that I can help around for an online magazine, kind of like an online unpaid internship? Does anyone know how I can do this?

windowshopping

Finding internship online is hard. Most of the big online magazines prefer to have their internship work in the office... so submitting article ideas to blogs and other small online magazines is the best way to get busy.

I would suggest to make a list of your favorite blogs and online magazines. Contact them and ask if they accept submissions. Sometimes they will have a page on their website dedicated on submitted article ideas. Look that up and then contact them.

02-06-2011
front row

I am curious on any photography internships. Preferably, some in the NY area. I was wondering does anyone know how one can find information on internships with Steven Klein or the like. I know that a student from SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) just got an internship with Steven Klein, and I am bewildered on how he even found that information. Thanks in advance guys.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflyricist2006 View Post
I am curious on any photography internships. Preferably, some in the NY area. I was wondering does anyone know how one can find information on internships with Steven Klein or the like. I know that a student from SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) just got an internship with Steven Klein, and I am bewildered on how he even found that information. Thanks in advance guys.
A lot of times, job openings and internships may not be posted on web sites or anything at all. It never hurts to go to the web site, get the contact information and send a professional email inquiring about an internship. That also shows that you are really interested in working/interning for that specific company when you seek them out like that.

02-06-2011
V.I.P.

Or ... at that level (Steven Klein), he might have known someone who knew someone and got recommended. That is a huge factor in fashion .... having good connections.

But reese is right ... contact them directly in a professional manner and inquire if they offer internships.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, experience, internships, placements, work