How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2007
windowshopping

Jobs Behind the Fashion Shows
Hi, I'm still in high school but am thinking about possible careers for the future and I want to know, what are the jobs that people do behind the scenes at fashion shows? I mean besides makeup and all that. Because I think that's really something I'd like to do but I want to know exactly WHAT they are and what kind of degree they got to get that kind of job. Thanks

05-02-2007
scenester

deejay, lighting director, PR director, runway manager/director (manages the order of the show), those are the ones I can think of off-hand. I don't know what the qualifications would be for each job, but you could always contact a designer and see if they need a volunteer (such as helping to dress the models, ironing the garments as needed, help transporting the garments, etc.)--it might not be that glamorous, but you would be able to see what people are doing and ask them for advice after the show.

06-02-2007
windowshopping

If you want to do anything in fashion, your best bet is to go to a Fashion school or college. Once you start looking into the courses, you'll see where they lead. Even a degree in fashion itself is a good starting block in any fashion based career. Oh and the more art based qualifications you've got, the better. (generally speaking.)

rising star

I actualy used to work in fashion show production, for a company that does nothing but produce fashion shows all over southern California. We arranged the dressers, the stylists, the crew, the outfits, everything. I really really loved it. We did shows in all markets, from private shows to LA Fashion Week, to department stores in Beverly Hills.

15-01-2008
windowshopping

Putting Together A Charity Fashion Show
Sorry I didn't know where else to place this!!! A couple of my friends are organizing a charity fashion show and are trying to come up with a GOOD name for the show. The charity is breast cancer (pink theme maybe) or the red campaign (but we have heard some negative things about that).

Any ideas on a name?!

15-01-2008
trendsetter

are you going to have all pink clothing?

15-01-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysljunkie View Post
are you going to have all pink clothing?
No sorry, there are local stores and designers showcasing their work. We had thought of pink wigs for the models but some people are against that.

15-01-2008
trendsetter

The pink wigs might be a bit much, are you showing spring type clothes?

15-01-2008
fashion insider

what is the clothes going to be like?....maybe a pink flower in the hair would be better than pink hair

15-01-2008
windowshopping

that's true...I think some of the stores may not like that also. the clothing is up to the stores, usually there is a formal wear scene, a beach wear scene, casual clothes. Some stores are local others in the mall. We just want an eye catching name for the show that would of course reflect the cause...

15-01-2008
windowshopping

okay scratch that the theme is going to be the Red Campaign re: Aids in Africa...does anyone have any good names for the show!

15-01-2008
V.I.P.

this should be in Designers and Collection ...

utterly superfluous

I took the liberty of moving this thread into the Careers & Education forum. While carriefever was technically discussing a collection, there was no visual collection or particular designer to be discussed.

Hopefully in this forum you will be able to get the assistance of other members from tFS who may have been in a similar situation, or have worked such events before. Hope this helps you find the answers you're looking for.

windowshopping

Charity Fashion Show Names!!!
hey guys...if you have ANY ideas...we decided to donate the proceeds to a local charity (homeless shelter) and we want to use the theme re: mission: impossible but tie it into fashion so...mission: ????

the colour theme is black and red?

09-06-2008
windowshopping

Fashion show music
My friend is having her graduation fashion show this late June, now she still can't find a suitable background music. Her theme is something about armor, soldier, any songs recommend??

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, fashion, music, post, posting, producing, read, shows