How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2006
front row

At Club Monaco they gave 30% off everything including sale items to temporary staff without limits and I think more if you're permanent.

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

I remember I knew more than this SA working at LV than she did for the company ahhaha! and i was only 16 .....im 17 now OMG im getting old AAAAAAH!

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

Haha...in the UK, all you have to do is join a lux retail agency and they send you to LV, Gucci, Prada etc......no experience needed.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
20-02-2006
windowshopping

Usually they want someone who gots more experiences, especially LV. I check it today for there will be a new LV store opened in Taiwan, and when I call, they said they need someone who had experience on selling boutigues experience, so i think they are quite serious about hier people.

20-02-2006
fashion icon

I get 50% off working at Polo Ralph Lauren but only on $1200 worth of stock (that is, $1200 of stock at full retail price in Australian dollars as I live in Aust), and 30% off Black Label, Collection, Purple Label and accessories.

I spoke to the Prada SA and she said she gets 30% but all her purchases have to be approved by her manager and she can't by products which sell well or if they're on sale (even at the sale price). Oh and she has to wait something like 3 months before purchasing a brand new product.

20-02-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin
ETA: I don't know about other cities, but in Honolulu, you pretty much can't get a a job at any of the boutiques like Chanel or Hermes, or Gucci, etc, unless you speak Japanese. I haven't inquired but everyone I know who works in one of those kind of stores speaks at least some Japanese. You have to to meet the needs of your clients. I'll admit I wish I knew some. It makes a no brainer job like abercrombie difficult when there is a language barrier, let alone a more clientelle-oriented job like BCBG.
I can see why. When I went there this summer it was like being in Japan.

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

Hermes is 30% which isn't bad, since they never have any sort of discount at all. Lets see off of a 6k Birkin, that'd be 4200...Meh, only 1800 off. If I worked at Hermes Id never ever have any money, Id be spending it all.

05-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Haha...in the UK, all you have to do is join a lux retail agency and they send you to LV, Gucci, Prada etc......no experience needed.
Hello, could you tell me the name of the lux retail agency? iam interested in working as a SA for the brands you mentioned. Thanks.

07-04-2006
backstage pass

Jobs/working at high end stores
I dont know if there is already a thread on this...

but I wanted to apply for a job this summer at possibly alexander mcqueen or cdg in nyc, as a salesman, but im not quite sure what they are looking for, or how to go upon doing it. can I just go in the store and ask for an application? or at what age do you think they are looking to hire?

Thanks for your help

07-04-2006
tfs star

Rampage get's 25% of the first week to the first month. After that you get 40% off.

fashion elite

hmm I've always wondered about this too. I don't know if the people who are in sales in the boutiques are required to know anything about fashion, or the clothes that they're selling? I'd be interested to know! If anyone knows please share!! sorry I don't have an answer for you iyemstoopid!

09-04-2006
backstage pass

its ok ss, hopefully someone will come along and help us

09-04-2006
rising star

I work at a high end designer department store and they are a lot more lax then boutiques (including the ones inside my store) when it comes to hiring. If you are under 22, even 23 then i'd say forget about it. You need to have fashion knowledge... make sure you know about the lable at which you are applying for, even brief history. But in my experiance no extensive fashion knoledge is required. However a MUST is previous retail sales experiance. If you dont have experiance then no way.
To apply, start talking to the sales people about jobs and if you become friendly to them and they like you ask if you could pass on your resume to their boss. But also besure to as if they are looking for people to hire. However in some botiques the sales people are extremly competitive!! And can be rude... just try to find a nice one. Or call and ask to speak to the store manager.
What it really comes down to is knowing people.
Good luck!

10-04-2006
backstage pass

thanks for the reply, it really helps!

22-04-2006
windowshopping

H&M is 25% (sale or regular price, unlimited but only for yourself)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
associates, management, retail, sales