How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightguard
Mayim do you know what age Metropark starts hiring?
I'm not sure. I'm a store manager (not of Metropark), and it's my understanding that we have to hire anyone who's qualified, as long as they are legally old enough to work (usually 16).

13-06-2006
tfs star

Just to let you all know, I love ZARA and I was talking to an SA because I was thinking about making a switch *WARNING* they don't even get a discount until they work there for 6 months and then its 15%!!!

windowshopping

I very interested in working for a progressive brand like comme des garcons, particularly in one of their guerilla stores....does anyone know anyone that works in one of them, or for comme des garcons? do you need to know japanese? what is the best way to break into high-end retail, across the board??
thanks!

13-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcswirlgirl
I did that when I worked for a video store. Anyway, right now I work for Limited Brands--Bath & Body Works. As an associate, I get coached a lot with my selling technique. I also get pushed to sell even though I don't get commision. It really doesn't benefit me much, but I'm a people-pleaser and I don't want my managers getting p.o.'d. They don't give many hours. I already put my two weeks in because I'm not going anywhere with that job.

I agree that product knowledge is important when selling. Having a good attitude is too. You want to look like you're excited about helping the customer--even if you have to fake it.
do they search you when you go home at night? sometimes ive seen the assistants being searched that work at express.

13-06-2006
front row

Does anyone have any experience with Neiman's? I have an interview on Thursday! What to wear? Say? Help!

14-06-2006
backstage pass

Thanks mayim

14-06-2006
rising star

No problem!

15-06-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
do they search you when you go home at night? sometimes ive seen the assistants being searched that work at express.
yes they do. They have to look in our bags outside of the store. they aren't allowed to search through with their hands though. but i have bbw products in my purse that i bought and they're always like, "ok cool..." so it's like how would they know if i stole something or not? well, one of the managers told me that there's a history they can look up of items the employee bought.

16-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcswirlgirl
yes they do. They have to look in our bags outside of the store. they aren't allowed to search through with their hands though. but i have bbw products in my purse that i bought and they're always like, "ok cool..." so it's like how would they know if i stole something or not? well, one of the managers told me that there's a history they can look up of items the employee bought.
I work at Victoria's Secret (also a Limited Brand Company)and my manager searches through my bag with her hands...is she not supposed to do that?

17-06-2006
scenester

I've been told that they aren't allowed to search through with their hands, but I can ask my manager about details on that.

19-06-2006
scenester

I need a sale associate for a luxury boutique in San Francisco - check the 'wanted' topic.

20-06-2006
tfs star

Question: Where can I work where there is no cleaning floors involved? I want a place that has its own cleaners come in and stock people. Other than Victoria Secret, does anyone know of such a place?

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
Question: Where can I work where there is no cleaning floors involved? I want a place that has its own cleaners come in and stock people. Other than Victoria Secret, does anyone know of such a place?
You are amazing. Sorry.

20-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
i work at both victoria's secret AND banana republic and i clean at neither. at vic's i seldom open, and when i close, i do SOMEtimes take out the trash, windex the fitting room mirrors, but there's not heavy cleaning. at banana, we used to clean (hXc too, like when i worked at gap), but now we don't. the stock team does it because apparently, they figured out that making us clean isn't really the best use of their money (they now utilize people classified as 'sales' to ONLY sell in the fitting room/floor), so it's either 'sales support' (cashiers) or stock that does it.

needless to say, i'm a happy camper.

although i still hate both jobs somewhat and need to stop being so freaking lazy and work somewhere else.

22-06-2006
tfs star

What does that mean? Are you being sarcastic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayim
You are amazing. Sorry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
associates, management, retail, sales