How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2009
windowshopping

marcjacobslove, I believe that would be a graduation diploma which signifies the completetion of your secondary school education.

Anyone here planning on attending the exam dates on July 1st and 2nd?

15-04-2009
windowshopping

I was planning on going to the exam, but than I started talking to someone who used to go there and apparently they don't help you get internships so I decided it wasn't the school for me

15-04-2009
windowshopping

They may not help but I do hear they work very closesly with the Flanders Fashion Institute which works very diligently to help represent fashion from Belgium and help graduates of RAFA, also RAFA's final year show gets ridiculous press, you'll see the designers in blogs and papers all over the place. I think RAFA actually may be one of the best schools of the now, even Polish magazines are covering it. I think it's worth the application regardless, Antwerp is an emerging design hub with great location (London, Paris, Copenhagen, Berlin all within close range!) and having RAFA behind you is great for when you do have to find an internship. I think the fact that the school itself doesn't provide you with the rescources for internship shouldn't deter you from applying. From what I've seen and heard it's a great school which promotes creativity!
Wow this turned into a rant, but regardless I DO THINK YOU SHOULD CONSIDER IT!
Check out the Flanders Fashion Institute, I haven't been on the page in a while but it should give you some information.

16-05-2009
windowshopping

SHOW2009
ANTWERP FASHION DEPARTMENT
11-12-13/06/2009
more info http://www.antwerp-fashion.be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Show2009RectoLR.jpg.jpg (221.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Show2009VersoLR.jpg.jpg (106.5 KB, 2 views)

24-05-2009
windowshopping

Heya
There’s almost more information here than I could get from them. And wow, I’ve been trying. I’m applying for the BA, flights booked, arriving on the 30th of june for the july dates. I got into CSM last year for menswear BA but couldn’t afford it (bloody economy), so decided I’d rather start dutch lessons and go here. Much cheaper, plus I think the standard of work is far more remarkable in terms of design innovation (from first year to MA).
Has anyone done the entrance exam before? So does anyone know a breakdown of events apart from the ones they give in their emails?

Also, little bit off topic, as this is going to be my first time in Antwerp, and am going to be there for two weeks, where’s nice to go out, have coffee, eat, do anything? Maybe just a site link for me.

Thanks in advance

24-05-2009
V.I.P.

Cameron, there's a thread in Shop til you drop forum called Antwerp Shopping
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ing-25384.html
It's pretty much just fashion but it might be interesting We might start adding restaurants, cafes, there too..we'll see...

Last edited by gius; 06-10-2009 at 12:49 AM.
25-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAMONDBUTTS View Post
They may not help but I do hear they work very closesly with the Flanders Fashion Institute which works very diligently to help represent fashion from Belgium and help graduates of RAFA, also RAFA's final year show gets ridiculous press, you'll see the designers in blogs and papers all over the place. I think RAFA actually may be one of the best schools of the now, even Polish magazines are covering it. I think it's worth the application regardless, Antwerp is an emerging design hub with great location (London, Paris, Copenhagen, Berlin all within close range!) and having RAFA behind you is great for when you do have to find an internship. I think the fact that the school itself doesn't provide you with the rescources for internship shouldn't deter you from applying. From what I've seen and heard it's a great school which promotes creativity!
Wow this turned into a rant, but regardless I DO THINK YOU SHOULD CONSIDER IT!
Check out the Flanders Fashion Institute, I haven't been on the page in a while but it should give you some information.

I would still apply but the application process would be so complected. I would have to fly to Antwerp from LA, so a plane ticket round trip for me and my mom would be around 1000 and that's not including a hotel. I would also not be able to accept any other schools because the first time you can apply is the june befor the school year stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronFoden View Post
Heya
Thereís almost more information here than I could get from them. And wow, Iíve been trying. Iím applying for the BA, flights booked, arriving on the 30th of june for the july dates. I got into CSM last year for menswear BA but couldnít afford it (bloody economy), so decided Iíd rather start dutch lessons and go here. Much cheaper, plus I think the standard of work is far more remarkable in terms of design innovation (from first year to MA).
Has anyone done the entrance exam before? So does anyone know a breakdown of events apart from the ones they give in their emails?

Also, little bit off topic, as this is going to be my first time in Antwerp, and am going to be there for two weeks, whereís nice to go out, have coffee, eat, do anything? Maybe just a site link for me.

Thanks in advance
I sent them 2 email. It took 2 months after the 2nd to get a reply. They sent me some attachments, so if you want them send me your email. I also have some Q&A with Mintyyy that I could send you.

Katherine

14-06-2009
front row

hi, can somebody who has access to www.catwalkpictures.com please post following collections?

it's the antwerp fashion academy show 2009 and the names of the students are:

- tomohiro tokita (3rd year)

- cťdric jacquemyn

and for la cambre 2009:

- lucile puton (5th year)

thanks in advance!

Last edited by BetteT; 22-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.
15-06-2009
V.I.P.

I have some images of Puton from fashionmag.com...

fr.fashionmag.com

15-06-2009
V.I.P.

fr.fashionmag.com

15-06-2009
fashion icon

just came back from seeing their show on saturday. it was fantastic! had a really good time. the whole thing was done so professionally and the clothes were inspiring. i managed to get a pretty good seat near the center front. i thought the men's wear this year were really strong throughout the 2nd to 4th year students. though i thought there were too much use of triangles and such but everyone had a an individual style. there were some that were beautiful and some that were show stopping. overall had a really good time and started thinking a lot afterwards and feeling highly motivated!

16-06-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
just came back from seeing their show on saturday. it was fantastic! had a really good time. the whole thing was done so professionally and the clothes were inspiring. i managed to get a pretty good seat near the center front. i thought the men's wear this year were really strong throughout the 2nd to 4th year students. though i thought there were too much use of triangles and such but everyone had a an individual style. there were some that were beautiful and some that were show stopping. overall had a really good time and started thinking a lot afterwards and feeling highly motivated!
I also went on saturday! thought it was quite impressive... a couple of them stood out for me, while others I found a bit boring
I helped a masterstudent backstage on thursday and friday, it was nice to see how it all works, and to see the clothes up close (= really different than on the catwalk)
@ MUXU: are you applying too in july?

16-06-2009
fashion icon

how was it backstage? crazy huh. i heard some of the models were being really diva like.
so lucky to see the clothes up front! were they well made? there were some garments that i thought were not so well pressed.

no, i dont plan on going to antwerp academy. it is a great school, but not for me.

16-06-2009
front row

can somebody post the collection from tomohiro tokito and terumasa nakajima please?

thanks in advance!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU View Post
how was it backstage? crazy huh. i heard some of the models were being really diva like.
so lucky to see the clothes up front! were they well made? there were some garments that i thought were not so well pressed.

no, i dont plan on going to antwerp academy. it is a great school, but not for me.
i also participated in the show (for the male collections then ) and you're right. some girls were really disturbing, like they owned the place. i mean, come on, it's just a show from an academy. it's no chanel couture thank god there were some nice girls as well...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
academy, antwerp, royal