How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2010
Tobias Funke

In the email I got back from the school administrator it read
Quote:
The tuition fee is 6071,70 €
and I converted the euro to the dollar and it was 607,170.00 EUR = 769,641.30 USD. So I think thats about the right number if I am not mistaken.

NeverNude

09-07-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXRedRubYXxX View Post
In the email I got back from the school administrator it read and I converted the euro to the dollar and it was 607,170.00 EUR = 769,641.30 USD. So I think thats about the right number if I am not mistaken.
You are mistaken and thank god for that..

The email says: €6071.70..

You misinterpreted the comma.

09-07-2010
Tobias Funke

OMFG I can't stop ****ing laughing right now.. I am such an IDIOT!!!! . This is *in stewie's voice* hilarious .. I will definitely register for that exam in September now.. Thanks sooooo much ChristianThomas! .

NeverNude
15-08-2010
technicolor tweed

I just took a look at the tuition fee for the BA is 660 euro for international students... did they misplace a comma or is this actually the fee ???

13-03-2011
rising star

so, i have some questions about this school, in case anyone has any ideas about it.
1st, do they provide lesson in english? and whether they have a master degree? i saw their 4 years course, and seems like their last year is a MA? or just a BA but they call it "master"? i've graduated in BA for fashion design.. i was wondering whether it'd be possible to take their last year (if it's indeed an MA degree) thank!

tfs star

All courses are taught in Dutch.

Language of teaching
In the first year, however, foreign students are given facilities, fore instance in the way of taking exams (e.g. oral in English instead of written in Dutch). In the artistic studios, and theoretical courses, most teachers speak and understand English and/ or French.
Our policy is to give first-year-students the opportunity to learn Dutch during their first year in Flanders. In different institutions in the city of Antwerp, there are courses Dutch for foreign students. Talking Dutch with the teachers and colleague students and friends helps quit a lot. From the second year on, every student is supposed to understand, speak, read and write Dutch, not necessarily perfect, but understandable.

19-03-2011
tfs star

Degree or certificate

Foreign
− a degree of higher education with full curriculum − a degree or certificate that by virtue of or pursuant to a law, decree, European directive
or international agreement is recognized as the equivalent. If such recognition is lacking, the college of higher education can, in a reasoned decision, admit students who obtained a degree in a country outside the European Union that allows them to enrol for the equivalent higher education in that country, to enrol for the basic training.
− a Dutch VWO or MBO degree (min. 4 years) or a certificate of a successfully passed proaedeutic examination.
− a High School degree (USA) with a record of transcripts (credits) specifying at least 4 Advanced Placements
− Diplôme du Baccalauréat (France) − Zeugnis der Allgem. Hochschulreife (Germany).

Passing the entrance examination

All candidates must pass the test, including Secondary Education in the Arts graduates.
Apart from their resumé and a written motivation, applicants have to present a portfolio containing drawings, sketches, photographs, slides, etc.
During the entrance examination several competences will be tested. Basic skills and competences:
reading, speaking and writing in a comprehensive way; knowledge of foreign languages; knowledge of and proven interest in history, art history, cultural and sociopolitical matters.
Attitudes: interest in the chosen course or discipline and in knowledge acquisition, general curiosity and openness to new experiences and ideas, communicativity and sociality.
The entrance examination will be completed by practical tests like drawing from observation, colorstudies and a test specifically relating to the discipline chosen by the applicant.
The result of the test will be notified after the deliberation following the examination period.
Enrolment for the entrance examination: At the secretariat, every working day from 09.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m., at least two weeks before the examination period.

Required documents:
the school enrolment form available at the secretariat a photocopy of the identity card a photocopy of the degree of higher secondary education or an equivalent document. two passport photographs
The enrolment for the entrance examination is free.
At registration applicants will be given specific assignments for the practical test. Information on materials, tools and other things needed will be provided.

19-03-2011
tfs star

Source: Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp Information brochure 2001
it's the only brochure I could find. Good luck!

08-01-2012
windowshopping

Hey,

Anyone has a clue on the books/tutorials/videos or any form of educational tool used by the Fashion department of the Antwerp Royal Academy?

I am specifically interested in the design books and not the technical ones!

15-01-2012
windowshopping

Guys, Is there a possibility to take the test online?... I cant go there to write the test

15-01-2012
backstage pass

Tools ?

What a joke, there are no tools. You get a few xeroxes which are not translated for the foreign students. This school is broke and has barely 15 sewing machines haha and nothing more.

scenester

Is there anyone applying for 2014/15?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
academy, antwerp, royal