How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-07-2005
V.I.P.

i also like this piece by 2nd year student hadas cnaani, although this is the only piece that stood out in the collection.

2nd year yu fukumoto. i think this is very endearing and again, w/ some toning down, i could see this being innovative and wearable. i love you can tie the skirt around your head into a little 'scarf'.... i'm thinking it could be applied to different fabrics.... either really flimsy and light or something heavier like a parka...

13-07-2005
V.I.P.

2nd year tatiana warenichova
this jacket is doing some interesting things. i like the proportions, but i would make that bottom flap (w/ the pink edging) much bigger so it looks like the bottom of the jacket is more inside out. you could let it hang inside out and then button it up to the top flap, closing the coat. i like that it had variations, but it could be done in a very compelling way.

2nd year andrea ayala closa

13-07-2005
V.I.P.

to be honest, each student is doing some amazing experimentation that it woudl take a lot more analysis to break down all the potential in each piece and each collection. so i will have to go about this slowly.

but, i do have a soft spot for hideki seo

13-07-2005
about to fall or fly

i'm totally floored by these student collections! here are a few that i liked off the top of my head.

this stuff is amazing!

V.I.P.

francesca, i like the third one down as well. i love how 'obvious' the construction and function of the piece is. it reminds me of a barrell dress! the ruffles skewed up in the front is a very nice touch.

15-07-2005
front row

I love all those pics francesca, great post!

15-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I love these shows almost more than fashion week because there is so much experimentation and even though they are developing you can really see craftsmanship in a lot of these clothes. It's just such a contrast to whats coming out of Parsons/Central St. Martins.

01-11-2005
just unlock my mind

Masters at Antwerp Royal Academy
Does anyone know anything about it? I'm already dreaming about life after bloody parsons...

(sorry if this is redundant lovely moderators! The big thread for "all things fashion school" doesn't seem to be read much...)

06-11-2005
fashion insider

FASHION DEPARTMENT • ROYAL ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS • (click it)

what do you want to know?

just unlock my mind

wow, I was expecting never to get a reply. I already looked on the website, though there wasn't much info on the masters program. I was wondering how the application process works (if it includes a test as the undergrad seems to, or is it something else?), how well you have to speak Dutch, what the coursework is like... anything more specifically about the masters program would be wonderful.

18-12-2005
fashion insider

^ i would like to know the same things.I know that there are a lot of foreign students .There's a part that doesn't know Dutch that well,so the language should not be a problem

20-12-2005
Stitch:the Hand

^at the beginning teachers will work with foreign students speaking English,but thereafter they actually require you to take a Dutch/Flemish course because the instructors only speak the language when teaching. So you have to at least become proficient in the basic language skills.

la mie,I think using the contact page on antwerp-fashion will be the best solution to answer all your questions. As I was reading the primary masters degrees are called a Masters of Visual Arts and in September 2004 they introducted the Bachelor's Masters

09-04-2006
rising star

hello hello everyone, this is my first post though I've been lurking for a couple of weeks...

well on to the point..

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some more about the entrance exam. On the website it said "drawings and sketches from plaster casts in pencil or charcoal, and watercolour paintings of a still life of fabrics and garments"
Are they looking for very good drafting, skilled, precise, realistic..etc.. that kind of drawing,
Or something more creative and expressive.. more 'artistic' and something that portays individuality.

Also, I have just finished highschool, during which I did Sculpture, Printmaking and Design (graphic/computer, not fashion). I make clothes in my own time, am an able seamstess, and recently started a night class in patternmaking (rather boring tho! ).
Would it matter that if I don't include any fashion related material in my portfolio?
I have plenty of material from school work, but am not so competent at fashion sketches ;_;

Anyway, any kind of info would be greatly appreciated!!!
I've applied for CSM foundation, but am worried that it will be a waste of time and $$$ since I already know what I want to do + I'm dying to go to Antwerp!

Thanks in advance for any help =)

12-04-2006
rising star

*bump

anybody? ;_;

I've emailed the school twice but both times they just sent me a pdf file of info for international students that didn't really help...

12-04-2006

how come i'd never catched this thread??

this stuff is AMAZING...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
academy, antwerp, royal