How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-06-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

innovative work Juliana, my faves are the 2nd and 4th dresses, the colour and fabrics you used also perfectly bring out the garments. Maybe if you could introduce a bit of shine, i dunno but its just a thought.
Mizell great site, brilliant work too! the presentation is also off the hoozle!though if you are also targetting people that are not that much artistic or those that dont see things quickly, you may want to increase on the size of the fonts especially the ones for the links at the top and also the ones at the bottom. Or do somethin to them to make them more noticeable. If someone is impatient they may miss some of the words.

03-06-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

love the way you have made those typically militaristic fabrics and colours cute and playful yet sexy funky kitten.
Lucie can't wait for the gown.

06-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedonist
I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.
i think it's hard to go from a low price to a higher one...

Juliana, yr dress are so prettyyyyyyyy!

06-06-2006
i'm almost ready..

mizell....

great site and great tees...
i do agree-the font needs to be a bit bigger imo....
also the 'previous/next' buttons.....would make it easier to browse....

your tags up the top (about souvenir, the collection, lookbook, etc) might be a bit bigger....
have you thought of making them red, perhaps?....or another bold colour....it would go with your simple & striking aesthetic but might make them 'pop' a bit more.....as they sit, i think they look more like insignificant detail than important info about your business.....

i love the photography.....and adore that you have a little blurb on what inspired each design.....
i find that really appealing personally....

keep up the great work!!!....best of luck......

22-06-2006
trendsetter

I'm really impressed by Mizell's website. It's so arty and imaginative. I agree with adorefaith about the blurb. It really adds something. And I love the idea of the Tshirts telling a kind of story despite the designs being deceptively simple. awesome stuff.

22-06-2006
fashion icon

mizell - i adore the photographs in your collection..i would love to get a hold of your lookbook

but the font on your site is dreadful...i cant read anything..the text is really small..maybe it's just my comp?

edit: i think the site can be better! =)

im just starting to make my portfolio site

Last edited by MUXU; 22-06-2006 at 08:25 PM.

29-06-2006
fashion icon

tFS Fashion Design Sketches Central
is there a section or thread for fashion students to post their designs (drawing) for others to critic or comment on?

i know there's the fasion illustration thread..but i feel it's more about illustrations instead of the clothes

when i drew some designs..i want to see how people react to them..and see if my experiment worked or not..but i cant find a right place to do this

29-06-2006
V.I.P.

^you're right...i don't think there is a thread. this can certainly be it. i can rename i and put it in the according spot.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

29-06-2006
V.I.P.

Great idea for a thread muxu

01-07-2006
fashion icon

haha..i was looking for my thread in the feedback section XD but i couldnt find it
thanks pastry!
yay! now i can post my men's wear stuff (that i did for fun and liking for men's wear) and get comments on them XD

01-07-2006
fashion icon

ok..i ll be the first one to post something in here

this is my first time drawing men's wear..mainly out of fun and curiousity
i enjoyed it alot
so...be nice! but do tell me what you guys like and dont like so i can improve
there's no certain style in these drawing..im testing different things
im undecided if i want to go into men's wear or women's wear in college..since im liking men's wear more than women's wear but women's wear is the basic

im scared to show

06-07-2006
V.I.P.

Wow these took a long time for me to load

Anyway I'll try to give you my opinion of it, muxu, if that is fine (although my previous designs on the Project Runway thread were very bad LoL).
I particularly liked the ones done in colour because they really help show the design. I liked how you used layering to show the design, like to show some garments were longer or shorter in some areas (but I wonder if it would be simpler, easier to understand, if you didn't use layers). I also liked the details you added, like embellishing with a belt strap or chains (3rd illust).

Overall I think the styling is not really me at all, but I could wear some of the shirts they have underneath the jackets. This of course doesn't really matter--someone else might be more suited to this kind of style.
I did notice a few of the illustrations just looked like styling, like ordinary garments layered in a way to make it more interesting (for example, the last one with the scarf going out of the jacket--the funny thing is I liked this look). I also liked the inside of the fourth design. I'd like to see what it looks like without the jacket.
How would you determine this style, muxu? It's kind of like "rock."

Maybe this thread would get more comments in the Art & Design forum...

Last edited by gius; 06-07-2006 at 01:13 PM.

12-07-2006
backstage pass

muxu i like your drawings. maybe some of it seems more costume'ish than fashion? ut i think they are really good. and id also suggest watercolor and marker to go with your pencils

heres some of mine..

Last edited by Papercut Crisis; 12-07-2006 at 07:56 AM.

13-07-2006
backstage pass

Are there only two designers on tfs?

13-07-2006
V.I.P.

I'm sure there are more
I've seen fashion design students here and fashion designers...

I design for myself and my little sister, but I don't want these to be critiqued

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, aspiring, designers, fashion, lookbook, post, posting, work