How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-05-2006
windowshopping

Aspiring Fashion Designers Lookbook, Post your Work. (See Post #1 before posting.)
Moderators' Note:

This thread is for aspiring fashion designers who wish to share drawings or photos of things they have actually designed or are in the process of designing.

Please remember that you may not "sell" anything via the Fashion Spot, per the Community Rules. Please do not quote prices or solicit sales in this thread. The moderators will remove any posts that look like selling or promotion of a commercial site.

If you are illustrating things that have been designed by other people, are an aspiring illustrator or merely practicing illustrating fashion there is another thread for that: tFS Fashion illustrations ... Please read Post #1 before posting your drawings.

Hi, I don't even think I can consider myself a designer yet, but I'm an 18 year old aspiring designer among other things and recently launched my site and online store for my new label. I was wondering what people who knew a lot more about fashion than me thought of it. Currently there are only two tees available, since I didn't have that much capital to start with but they're both printed in limited edition(10 of each size) and on high quality garments from Gaziani and American Apparel. Since I'm just starting out my prices are super low at $13 and $15. Do you guys think I'll grow and get anywhere? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Here's one of the designs.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-07-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Adding Moderator's note for thread.

13-05-2006
a dim capacity for wings

welcome, the hedonist. so far we haven't allowed any self promotion but we noticed that i can hardly be fair to have a fashion forum where young designers are not able to share and discuss their work ... so please go ahead everyone ... spam will of course still not be permitted.

13-05-2006
rising star

i like it, even if you got much competition (threadless, squidh, punkstore and other teeprints retailers) i think you can do fine, especially with that price.

i could definitely motivate a purchase, what print do you use?

Last edited by realitysucks; 13-05-2006 at 09:11 AM.

13-05-2006
windowshopping

They are printed using screenprinting. None of that non-lasting heat transfer cafepress stuff. If you want to get one visit the link in my profile.

Last edited by hedonist; 13-05-2006 at 09:31 AM.

13-05-2006
trendsetter

i like the design. good luck with your business!

14-05-2006
backstage pass

good for you! I think your prices are a little low considering the quality and the fact that it's a limited edition. The prints are cute. good luck

14-05-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i also agree, the price is a little low for a limited edition. People that buy limited edition dont like very cheap as it makes them think its gonna get over saturated
Great design tho!

14-05-2006
windowshopping

I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.

14-05-2006
windowshopping

i think what your doing with the price is really smart. You've got talent...i want to see more!

14-05-2006
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedonist
I'm only charging $15 for now to get the name out thee.Once it get's going, I'm going to raise the prices a bit to probably about $25 but you can't really charge that when your company is about 2 months old and virtually unknown.
I agree with some earlier posters, going out with a lower price-point is sometimes a bad idea... Even if you're unknown. A higher price can make people view it as more exclusive and therefore automatically more attractive...

$25 is still a very low price for a quality printed, limited edition t-shirt...

14-05-2006
fashion insider

i don't think the prices have much to do with this...we're just all used to paying a zillion dollars for things! lolz!

14-05-2006
windowshopping

I don't really think it'd be right to charge extremely high prices for shirts... Once you get into charging 30+ for a shirt, you're just ripping people off( unless the quality of that shirt is godly or it's a shirt made especially for that one customer)

16-05-2006
windowshopping

Check my creations!
Hi everyone!

I`m graduating in fashion in august, and this is my graduation collection...

I`d like a few opinions about it, so I can improve my work!

Tks a lot!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saramenor.jpg (61.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Camilamenor.jpg (99.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg look3.jpg (83.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg look1a.jpg (98.2 KB, 44 views)

17-05-2006
scenester

thats cool. what is your inspiration. i really like it. what school are you graduating from?

17-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtinez7
thats cool. what is your inspiration. i really like it. what school are you graduating from?
My inspiration was Shakespeare's play Midsummer's night dream!

I`m graduating in a public university here in Brazil, called Udesc. It`s a famous institution here...

I took a 5 years course in fashion stylism and in september, if everything works out fine, i`ll be moving to Paris, to study even more!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, aspiring, designers, fashion, lookbook, post, posting, work