BEST fashion school? -Closed! See Post #1 for Instructions and Related threads. - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-11-2006
scenester

What about Berkeley College Fashion Marketing Management program? the school is right by Bryant Park and Madison Ave in new york city

28-11-2006
front row

parsons is not very difficult to get into at all. the admissions rate is about 25% for the fashion program, though collegeboard.com says it's about 49%. it's easy to get in...but the dropout rate is high also.
hope i helped.

28-11-2006
windowshopping

Wowee this thread has been helpful! Well, I'm only in 8th grade, but thinking about college already (thanks to the required Career Quest class) I'm def. more geared towards fashion design than merchandising. So could you guys tell me which out of these you think would be best for design, and what you've heard about them? Thanks!

Parsons
Pratt
University of North Umbria
Rhode Island School Of Design
Royal Antwerp
CSM
Bunka
Ravensbourne

Right now I'm thinking Parsons sounds the best to me. Royal Antwerp sounds great...but considering its in Belgium and all, and I don't speak dutch, that might not go over so well.

Last edited by Lauren_OfCourse; 28-11-2006 at 08:54 PM.

01-12-2006
windowshopping

So, I've narrowed down my schools.
Well, at least the schools I am going to apply for.
They are:
SAIC
Columbia College
Academy of Art, San Francisco
FIT
Philadelphia University

If any of you are attending any of those schools, I would really appreciate any feedback from your experience there.

11-01-2007
backstage pass

otis' fashion program is strong for west coast. you work with people like bob mackie and betsy johnson. i go to otis-- but i'm in the comm art department.

11-01-2007
trendsetter

FIT is good for its business majors, Go to Parson's if you plan on going to do Fashion Design.

12-01-2007
front row

My friend goes to FIT and she seems like she LOVES it there. Lucky.
I've heard that the San Francisco art school isn't really good, I don't know if it's true though. Hm.

30-01-2007
backstage pass

Do you have to understand/peak French to be able to go to Parsons? And what kind off things- (work) do you have to do before you get in?

30-01-2007
fashion elite

philadelphia university is crap--u should really go to ta school in ny--the connectiosn are priceless. there are internship swith major design houses being thrown around.... and those school have great connecvtiosn overseas--- look into where the top designers went to scvhhol--always parsons or fit---and they prefer their fellow alumni

14-02-2007
backstage pass

I want to become a professional stylist, i.e organise fashion shows, create ad campaigns and work for magazines. My question is, which school suits med best?

Really thankful for answers.

19-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I want to become a professional stylist, i.e organise fashion shows, create ad campaigns and work for magazines. My question is, which school suits med best?

Really thankful for answers.
you'll probably need to do a fashion promotion course here LCF's i hear is very good. the one here at csm sounds pretty good too

22-03-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsweetie
I'd like to know more about this school too! I havent heard anyones reviews of it or the positives and negatives. If anyone goes there or knows people who have any information would be great!

I'm from NYC and I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS SCHOOL. I suggest sticking to the established schools like F.I.T., Parsons, or Pratt, I wouldn't venture off anywhere else.

I'm only saying this because you'll need the connections these schools have for internships, jobs, etc..

22-03-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberQuirkiness
parsons is not very difficult to get into at all. the admissions rate is about 25% for the fashion program, though collegeboard.com says it's about 49%. it's easy to get in...but the dropout rate is high also.
hope i helped.

Yes, the dropout rate at Parsons is about 50%...they give ALOT of work and you have to keep up.

There was a survey of all the major design and technical schools in US based on course workload and expectations from the students and Parsons came in 2nd place after MIT.

That should put it in perspective.

26-03-2007
backstage pass

interesting educo, is there a link to that? id like to read more about it.
i go to parsons, and theres definitely been quite a few dropouts

26-03-2007
fashion elite

^^^ I'll have to look for it because I heard of this a while ago

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
best. schools, education, fashion, related, school