How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-12-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

Can you give a link then to their fashion management program? I've never heard anything about it and the website doesn't appear to mention anything about a BA in fashion management.

19-12-2005
trendsetter

^its called fashion promotion its the same thing as fashion management apparantly

19-12-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

well it's fashion communication with promotion....which is actually quite different than fashion management. Regardless, CSM is not known for it's business skills and I really wouldn't say it's strong in that area.

19-12-2005
windowshopping

It depends on the individual but its seem that graduates of parson get more expose .

19-12-2005
trendsetter

What about London fashion Institut?...I want to go there next year

23-12-2005
windowshopping

Parsons AAS versus BA
Regarding Parsons AAS versus BA programs. I guess BA program has much training for concept, creativeness as well as construction. AAS focus on construction and practical skills more like FIT. They tend to produce different students. Does anyone go to fashion studies program? Do I guess right?

24-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by erutuoC
Are you talking about the SF Art Institute? http://www.sanfranciscoart.edu/
do you know if they have classes for fashion design, becuase I couldn't find it on the site?
http://www.academyart.edu/ The Academy of Art University in San Francisco does have a fashion program.
http://www.academyart.edu/fsh/index.asp

I don't know if that helps or not, but Im posting it anyway.

25-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang
Regarding Parsons AAS versus BA programs. I guess BA program has much training for concept, creativeness as well as construction. AAS focus on construction and practical skills more like FIT. They tend to produce different students. Does anyone go to fashion studies program? Do I guess right?

so, which degree would you recommend?

26-12-2005
windowshopping

Has anyone ever heard of AIU? http://aiuniv.edu/ A couple people told me to check this school out but I've never heard of it before. I checked out the facilities a couple weeks ago and it looks nice and all, but I dunno what kinds of people they produce, you know?

26-12-2005
doing it

aiu is a lower tier school. In fact I even remember hearing about a controversy with that school because it promises a higher job placement than it delivers...much higher.

With the various good schools there are I dont know why anyone would consider one of those "career college".

26-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrimoda
aiu is a lower tier school. In fact I even remember hearing about a controversy with that school because it promises a higher job placement than it delivers...much higher.

With the various good schools there are I dont know why anyone would consider one of those "career college".
Ohhh I see. Well I would have tried to get into a school like FIDM, but I have no idea how to draw (and it seems that you gotta know how to draw since they have this project you have to complete upon applying) and my grades in 10th and 11th grade sucked to their standards. So I'm just trying to get into some kinda college that can teach me a lil something until I'm able to get into the good schools.

27-12-2005
scenester

what about fashion journalism?
Hi, this is my first time posting. I'm thinking about getting my M.A. in fashion journalism and have been looking into the London schools, mainly CSM & LCF. Which fares better in name dropping when trying to get a job in NYC?

27-12-2005
doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAte86Crayons
Ohhh I see. Well I would have tried to get u a school like FIDM, but I have no idea how to draw (and it seems that you gotta know how to draw since they have this project you have to complete upon applying) and my grades in 10th and 11th grade sucked to their standards. So I'm just trying to get into some kinda college that can teach me a lil something until I'm able to get into the good schools.

Well since you asked, I answered. I think one would be better off going to a school such as a community college where the credits are at least transferrable into an accredited college or university. I really dont know if aiu is accredited -- do you?

A lot of people think fashion will be an easy program to study, yet it requires a great deal of discipline and commitment. You might do well to get the required foundation classes at a community college and then transfer to a better fashion program. good luck.

28-12-2005
fashion icon

which fashion school is the best in england?

28-12-2005
windowshopping

MsMiniCooper,

can you expand on your negative view re: you time at middlesex. I have heard many good things about it, infact far more than LCF. I have been warned strongly against moving into the halls of residence in the first year, as they are in a miserable area. But I have heard the current course is actually very strong. i would be very interested to hear some more detailled views from yourself. thanks

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
best. schools, education, fashion, related, school