How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2005
scenester

cahiers de tendances
Hello. Hope someone can kindly answer my question. So. I don't work in the fashion industry, I am filmaker-videoartist, and you know, things go pretty well in a way, but I earn so little money... I am always broke, and I am starting being tired about this. ...I am wondering what I could do to just live a little better. Here in France/Italy I have heard about 'cahiers de tendances' : I absolutely don't know how to translate it in english, do you see what I mean?, books about future trends in lifestyle, dresses and so on, made for the use of stylists, magazines, etc. I have always had a sort of sensitiveness in this kind of things, so I was thinking: could I do something like that? Would it be possible to work as a freelance trend-spy (I don't know, taking pictures of avantgarde/trend-setter people I know or I see in the street , trying to investigate about what's coming next or things like that?). Do you do this job, or do you know someone doing it? Do this kind of free-lance figures exist? I really would appreciate any suggestion, starting from the exact english translation of 'cahiers de tendances'! Thanks, Elsa

26-07-2005
etre soi-meme

why dont you contact the bureaux de style elsa?
i think the best of all is Nelly Rodi, they are based in Paris, but there are few cool ones in Italy too ..
i dont know exactly how they work, i know at Rodi they have a huge network all over the world, best thing is to try and contact them and see how it goes, end of September is a good time to do this since now everyone (whos not on vacations) is working on the ss07 trends ..

Good luck and please get back if you have any questions or if you want more info / contacts etc

26-07-2005
scenester

Thanks a lot, Lena. So I will try with Nelly Rodi and a few others, based here in Paris, that I found on the net. Do you know Promostyl France? It's close to my place, so I am curious! I am from Milan and I often go back, there I will meet the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of friend (!!!!) who has worked in a place like that, so hopefully he will give some tip. I fell I really need to understand how to present myself, what to say, etc. before calling them in september (so the end of september? good to know, thanks). Would you suggest me any name of bureaux de style based in Milan? Thanks again, Elsa

26-07-2005
etre soi-meme

you are welcome elsa

Peclers is much better than Promostyle, Nelly Rodi (whos the best) is near Place de Clichy
i must have some contacts for a very good trend office in Milano somewhere here but i need to research this, maybe when i return in late August ?(off to vacations VERY soon now) i'll try not to foreget

from the 15th to the end of Sept is fine, or right after the shows which makes it around the 10th of Oct..
no need to prepare yourself too much, just give them a call and see whats up.. make it natural, make it bold, this is the way they like their trendscouts

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cahiers, tendances