Canadian Schools ... for Fashion - Page 14 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
10-05-2011
tfs star

You hit it right on the nail. Lots of drawing and graphic designs. Not that there is anything wrong, but not everyone is good at drawing. Neither do I believe you have to be good at drawing and designs to be in fashion. You just have to he creative and talented. Definitely consider schools in NYC.

30-06-2011
windowshopping

Hey you guys, I know its a bit dead here but I have so many questions about fashion school after high school and no one can really ever completely answer my questions.

Does anyone know of any other fashion marketing/merchandising 4-year programs in Canada? Or alternatives? I know there are tons of 2-year programs but I would prefer four years, and definitely not programs in design (Ryerson seems fabulous but their courses are mostly centered around designing). I would go to New York if my family had the money..

Thanks for the help!

30-06-2011
scenester

hmm, maybe try Lasalle College in Montreal?

30-06-2011
windowshopping

is la salle a four year college? and also would they have classes in english because my french is pretty rusty

30-06-2011
fashion elite

Any School in Quebec City?

windowshopping

these are all schools im keeping an eye on for now:

TORONTO
Ryerson
George Brown
Academy Of Design

VANCOUVER
Kwantlen
Blanche Macdonald
Art Institue Of Vancouver

NEW YORK
FIT
LIM
Parsons

what are others y'all suggest?

01-07-2011
scenester

not sure if LaSalle is a 4 year program or what... I want to say it is, but I think it changes for programs...
It is an English school, not french- so no worries there!

01-07-2011
windowshopping

LaSalle is a cegep school-look it up. you get a degree lower than a diploma..and also i have heard very disappointing things about lasalle

im thinking of looking more into Kwantlen in vancouver because i have heard good things-maybe i could do 2 years at kwantlen and then 2 years of something else elsewhere?

11-09-2011
windowshopping

^ I am currently in my second year at Kwantlen taking the Fashion Marketing diploma, and I have to say it has not fully meet my expectations, but nonetheless rivals the other 2-year programs at colleges.

It does offer a variation of courses which you allow you to figure out what area you are most passionate about, not to mention marketing, accounting and business electives are mandatory - which are more informative about the marketing industry as a whole, allowing a broader outlook.

Also, depending on what electives you choose, you have the option of laddering into Bachelor of Business Administration degrees such as HR or Marketing Management.

01-12-2011
windowshopping

hey guys, im currently in the process of applying to a fashion school for fashion marketing/merchandising and the only ones i like are george brown and humber

but im still not fully convinced on these... if anyone could recommend or help me decide which program/school is better would be great ??

~help
i would also like to study abroad for fashion after the 2 year program but idk if that would be stupid sigh

scenester

Is it possible to transfer to FIT in NYC after a year at Ryerson (either in Fashion Communications or Design)?

I see that FIT does allow transfers but it has to be from a "regionally accredited college"

Does anyone know and has it been done before?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
canadian, fashion, schools