How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2008
V.I.P.

April 24, 2008

Too Sexy For the T-Dot? Ford Models Wants You!

Remember when you went to that modelling agency that used to be over the Pizza Pizza, and they said you had potential but you should pay 500 bucks for some head shots, so you did and then they looked at them and said sorry but you're actually kind of ugly? Or was that just us?
Anyway, this weekend there's a chance to achieve not only redemption, but fame and fortune. Scouts from famed agency Ford Models will be in Toronto on Saturday hosting an open call to find new and interesting (female) faces as part of their "Supermodel of the World Canada Search." The winner of the search will go on to compete in the Supermodel of the World contest in January 2009, and perhaps grace the covers of Vogue and Glamour, and later Biker Chix and the Dominion weekly flyer.
If spending the day in the company of a gaggle of eating-disordered teens isn't enough to wax your bikini line, corporate sponsors Redken, Diesel and Maybelline will also be in attendance with demos and discussions of beauty trends for spring and summer. The website advises, "Diesel stylists will be on hand to provide an interactive Diesel denim experience." Which sounds like something that would happen at a truck stop, but probably isn't.
The event takes place this Saturday, April 26 at the Redken Exchange, 20 Richmond Street East, 7th floor, with registration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more info and pre-registration, check out their site.
Photo by jonathan ponce from the Torontoist Flickr Pool.

Torontoist.com

27-04-2008
windowshopping

Hi looking to test with models in the uk please get in touch...

And we will discuss.
Regards Scott

23-05-2008
V.I.P.

film - Transformers II
Sequel to American film, Transformers
Looking for background men and women ages 18-65
Filming begins in June
in Pennsylvania and New Jersey

More info here
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...2-a-68370.html

25-05-2008
trendsetter

Open Casting Call for a new TV show
Longing for excitement and stardom after graduation? The Flying Solo TV Pilot Contest is the project for you!

The New York Television Festival and Procter and Gamble Productions are looking for outstanding women who graduated college in 2008 to star in their own professional reality/drama television pilot, in the vein of "The Hills"!

Are you a smart, savvy, amazing young woman, with a perspective on life that should be shared with the world? Then pick up a camera and audition!

We’re looking for storytellers with a unique perspective on what it is like to graduate college and spread your wings for the first time. Audition videos should be 2-4 minutes and can be uploaded before May 23rd to the official contest Web site located at www.nytvf.com. The deadline is May 23rd, so get to it!

CREDIT: http://fromtheoctothehills.proboards81.com

04-06-2008
windowshopping

Looking for a model
Hi,

I'm starting my label called Chique Unique- lots of quirky one- off little gems of dresses there. Some re-worked vintage pieces, some made by us from scratch. Everything will be one - off and unique, so you'll never bump into another girl wearing the same outfit as you (grrrrr...!!). This will be our forst shoot to be used on the website. If you're interested please get in touch for more details.

Love,

Kalina x

V.I.P.

Now Casting ... Project Runway, Season 6
We have been conctacted by the casting agent for Season 6 of Poject Runway and he has asked us to post this ... read it carefully, there are specfic instructions to receive VIP auditions:

Quote:
I am currently casting season 6 of Project Runway. I would like to invite your members to submit themselves for the show. It would be possible to arrange special VIP auditions for your members which would limit the time they are made to wait.

http://www.seenon.com/project-runway/season-6/casting/

Before submitting their application, to assure your members receive VIP consideration, have the email the following information to our casting director, David Shumsky at David.Shumsky@weinsteinco.com

NAME
DESIGN BACKGROUND
BRIEF BIO

David Shumsky
Casting Director
Project Runway, Season 6

Last edited by BetteT; 29-06-2008 at 11:51 PM.
16-07-2008
V.I.P.

Attn. Stylists:

Quote:
The producers of The Real World, The Simple Life and Keeping up with the Kardashians are casting for a new television show!!!
Quote:

Are you trying to make it big in the fashion industry?
Do you dream of styling the biggest celebrity names?
Do you have a passion for fashion and a hot sense of style?

If so…we are looking for you!

Bunim-Murray Productions is casting a new TV show and we’re looking for the HOTTEST ASPIRING FASHION STYLISTS in the country! If selected you’ll get the opportunity to compete for a contract with one of the TOP agencies in the styling community!

LA OPEN CASTING CALL BEING HELD THIS SATURDAY!!!!
WHEN: SATURDAY JULY 19th
TIME: 10-4PM
WHERE: 6007 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91411
BRING: RESUME/PORTFOLIO* IF AVAILABLE
*NOT REQUIRED

CASTING CALLS WILL ALSO BE HELD IN NYC AND MIAMI JULY 26th... INFO HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET, BUT CHECK AT www.bunim-murray.com (under casting) FOR UPDATES!

IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT TO ANY OF OUR CASTING CALLS... Again, Check out www.bunim-murray.com for home tape submission info. SEND ASAP!

28-07-2008
V.I.P.

Attn Models:
Quote:
Major Cable Network Casting Models For New Show

Are you in the market for your first apartment? Will nothing but the best do? Is NYC the place you want to be? Have you always had the finer things in life and are now looking for that dream penthouse in the sky? Do you love to be the center of attention and live to impress your friends? Do your parents have credit card in hand, waiting to fill your new place with everything your heart desires?

We are looking for a fun and charismatic Model in her late teens/early twenties who would like to be filmed for this exciting new show. We will follow her journey from apartment hunting straight through to the finished pads reveal.

If this sounds like you, then email a brief description of your story along with a picture of yourself ASAP to mike@sharpentertainment.com to be considered for the show.

Last edited by BetteT; 28-07-2008 at 12:06 PM.
01-08-2008
windowshopping

Models needed for online mag
Looking to test with a few models for a new high end online mag.

please send info and pics to ammoinfo@gmail.com

HIGH END APPEAL ONLY PLEASE

Thx

13-08-2008
rising star

19th Hole Golf & Lifestyle Magazine is looking for Agency Models for there Fashion Show in NYC September 18th. It is TFP only, but great exposure. Must send Comp Cards to dawn@the19thholemag.com by August 22.

windowshopping

Models Needed For Fashion Indie Week Brooklyn
Hey Everyone,

Fashion Indie is looking for models for an upcoming event during Fashion Indie Week Brooklyn. If you are interested in being a part of the event please send over a few pictures and all your information. My e-mail address is corey@fashionindie.com. The spots are filling up fast so get your information over as fast as possible. Good Luck!

Corey

19-08-2008
V.I.P.

Merged the above post into the ongoing thread for model castings.

30-08-2008
windowshopping

Models Needed Asap For Photoshoot
AMMO MAGAZINE: WWW.STYLEAMMO.COM

NEEDS MDOELS ASAP FOR OUR FALL 2008 PHOTOSHOOT THIS TUESDAY
MODELS MUST LIVE IN THE NEW YORK AREA...THATS ALLL THAT IS REQUIRED

ASAP PLEASE CONTACT CRYSTAL AT AMMOINFO@GMAIL.COM

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SO IF YOU CAN'T DO IT THEN ASK A FRIEND OR A FRIEND OF A FRIEND

THANKS

AMMO TEAM
WWW.STYLEAMMO.COM

07-11-2008
tfs star

Well, if you are in Atlanta/TN/AL, this might be fun. At least Edythe Hughes is still friendly enough with them to attend. And it looks like it doesn't cost anything, another good sign.

Quote:
FMl will be holding free live interviews for our Southeast Regional model search event in Atlanta. You will meet Keith, Steve and Kirk Fox of Fox Models International for a personal interview and have the opportunity to be invited to this event. We will be having live interviews in Atlanta and nearby cities such as Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL..
The dates and location of our next live interview is below. Please check this page often as we will be adding more live interview dates soon. If you have any questions please e-mail Kirk Fox at kirk@FMILive.com
NEXT INTERVIEWS
Thursday November 13th from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday November 15th from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

W Atlanta - Perimeter 111 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta, GA 30346 United States
Phone: (770) 396-6800
Quote:
Models selected from the live interviews will be invited to an informative session featuring a panel discussion with directors from top agencies, runway rehearsal, Q & A session, live runway event, callbacks and agency interviews. The exhilarating Grande Finale will be a live walk-by with Directors from Elite, Click, Next, Ford Models and more.
northfultontimes

Quote:
Elite Model Edythe Hughes was discovered by Fox Models International in a mall in Ohio at the age of seventeen. She made her runway debut at Calvin Klein and has since caused a sensation on the runways of Peter Som, Vera Wang and Rebecca Taylor. Edythe will serve as a panelist on the board during the Question and Answer session at the December event. Mile Petolino from Gotham Casting will also be present to offer his opinion and experience. Mr. Petolino casts talent in shows for MTV, VH1 and NBC.
northfultontimes

22-11-2008
windowshopping

Models in NYC
Hey TFS aspiring models

As i will be in New York for a few weeks come 27th of November, i will be available to test during that time and am looking for some great looking girls and boys, feel free to Pm me with an image of yourself and what you would like to do, its a case of i have all the time in the world well seven weeks anyway just to test and network,

checkout /contact me via my website

best

Shonay

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
casting, competitions, fashion, models, notices, reality, shows