How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberQuirkiness View Post
thanks a lot! karma
yeah..i was going to apply for the BA program. i'm going to put some stuff from parsons into my portfolio, and do some more things over the winter break.
Contact the US representative (Josephine) and ask her when the next US interview is. I think it's in March.

her email is: info@universityofthearts.info. She's very helpful. Give her your mailing address and she'll give you an information packet for international students that will help you figure out what they are looking for.

She will try to assess as to which school will be good for you within the London Institute, but she does not offer places.

16-12-2007
backstage pass

Diorlover, I'm like you...I'm going to apply for Foundation 08 at CSM(and if I'm not taken to CSM to aplly at LCF).
I stopped art lessons when I was 14 too. These last months I did a lot of works : sketches, paintings, sculptures... I guess you have to show that you have many skills, not only in Fashion.

How big is your portofolio ? Is it done ?
For the reference, try to find someone "arty" who could tell a lot of good things about you (motivation, creativity...).

Muxu, u rock

16-12-2007
V.I.P.

i know, i know, this has probably been asked five thousand times, but no time to read through 16 pages. so, sorry and thanks in advantage

i want to work with fashion journalism / styling, would CSM be a smart choice?
approx how much would it cost, as a totale?

16-12-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Diorlover, I'm like you...I'm going to apply for Foundation 08 at CSM(and if I'm not taken to CSM to aplly at LCF).
I stopped art lessons when I was 14 too. These last months I did a lot of works : sketches, paintings, sculptures... I guess you have to show that you have many skills, not only in Fashion.

How big is your portofolio ? Is it done ?
For the reference, try to find someone "arty" who could tell a lot of good things about you (motivation, creativity...).

Muxu, u rock
I called CSM enquiring about the foundation course, and explained my situation, the fact that I havent studied art in years, they told me I should ahve an art A level, or art and design B Tech.............so I then started looking into the fashion folio course, and I made some enquiries on that, I applied to CSM, its a very basic application. they invited me to come to an interview or send in my work, at this point I did some calculations and realised it would be more cost effective to study fashion folio at LCF. I have heard some good stuff about their course, and it costs half the price of CSM..............but i'm still not 100% sure......i'm good at changing my mind in the last minute.

backstage pass

My portfolio is very, very fashion based......I know I really should have a more diversified portfolio, i'm gonna try and do some paintings soon.

I've taught myself how to draw the fashion figure, I can draw clothes quite well, thats what I really spend lot of my time on, perfecting my drawings.

I have also been teaching myself to sew, I know none of the courses really have sewing as a requirmen....but I really want to know how to sew.

windowshopping

Anybody doing the Art & Design Criticism & Curation course at CSM? I applied to it, but their site doesn't really provide much in-depth information on the particularities of the course.
Any info will be much appreciiiiated.

20-01-2008
front row

what do you need to be accepted in CSM?

tfs star

^ Criteria varies depending on the course you wish to undertake.

front row

could i be accepted in fashion folio if i am basque and if i have taken scientific way at high school, in conclussion i do not have art qualifications? but i am very good at drawing etc

does anybody know about parisian fashion univesities?

pd:verymoni me confieso fan de tu blog ,eres la caña, piensas ir al csm?

Last edited by bbofbalenciaga; 08-02-2008 at 05:48 PM.
10-02-2008
backstage pass

Are you french ? Are you from "pays basque "?

Anyway I have a scientist background ( french baccalaureate with scientist "mathematics" background) and I'm applying to CSM in order to take some foundation studies in art and design.

CSM support what they call "mature" students, it means students without any arty background but those students have to be gifted.

10-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Are you french ? Are you from "pays basque "?

Anyway I have a scientist background ( french baccalaureate with scientist "mathematics" background) and I'm applying to CSM in order to take some foundation studies in art and design.

CSM support what they call "mature" students, it means students without any arty background but those students have to be gifted.
i am from the basque country anyway are you going to aply for BA or fashion folio?

10-02-2008
backstage pass

I've applied for Foundation studies in art and design and not for Fashion folio or BA, sorry ^^'

11-02-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by verymoni View Post
what do you need to be accepted in CSM?
for fashion or foundation it really helps if you're an international student

11-02-2008
front row

^^ well, that's good news

front row

but if i send my aplication for fashion folio and my pictures are very good, is it 100% sure that they will accept me in fashion folio?is it very difficult, to get in fashion folio?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint