How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2006
trendsetter

^hahaha

what can i say? they pay me well:p

and willie is lovely though i agree with the other 2 statements though sue kisses my *** for some reason

05-08-2006
backstage pass

Whats the fashion communication course like? the prospectus is a bit sparse on detail lol

05-08-2006
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
i just wanted to say congratulations with your new job in the CSM admin office, you're doing great so far

i can think of some reasons why people might not like it there....
WW- witch b*tch
DK- bad taste tranny
SF- the devil wears primark (denim)
Ok I have no desire to go to St Martins at all but am curious about this post. What/who are WW/DK/SF?

trendsetter

^tutors

the FCP part of the course seems really fun i think sean is trying to transfer to that from menswear

06-08-2006
backstage pass

^cool, i think im fashion communication and promotion is what im gonna apply for.

what are the halls of residence and stuff like? questions questions lol

06-08-2006
trendsetter

it depends which ones some are nice some are awful and far away (zone 3)

06-08-2006
fashion insider

Can you get into the second year of you have a 2 year fashion degree?

06-08-2006
fashion icon

speaking of all these degrees and such
is it hard to get in?
i really want to get in...it use to be my 'dream' school until i found out how technical parsons is. but now i seriously want to get in.

im an international student so of course it's gonna be hard..but i can never be quite sure what csm really wants?
people told me just do my thing and try..but 'my thing' is huge..and i feel like im overworking my self just for this school
i dont want to end up overworking and end up saying 'oh..that was easy'...or end up not hardworking enough and gets rejected

how was your portfolio like, victim?
oh..btw guys..i want to major in men's wear..but can i minor in women's or can i only focus on one? (i hope i got my terms right)
gah

07-08-2006
trendsetter

no you cant get into second year you have to start over the teaching will be completly different.

they say its really hard to get in i think it was liek 13,000 applied for like 40 spaces last year and if you really wanted to get you would overwork yourself for the school, do your thing no matter what it is if they like it its cool if not try again, antonia beradi applied 4 times before being accepted.

my portfolio is kind of hard to explain, they dont look for something in particular if they see a flair or something, i think tahts what they want. and you can only do one pathway, the womens is the hardest to get into then the print and menswear

07-08-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
no you cant get into second year you have to start over the teaching will be completly different.

they say its really hard to get in i think it was liek 13,000 applied for like 40 spaces last year and if you really wanted to get you would overwork yourself for the school, do your thing no matter what it is if they like it its cool if not try again, antonia beradi applied 4 times before being accepted.

my portfolio is kind of hard to explain, they dont look for something in particular if they see a flair or something, i think tahts what they want. and you can only do one pathway, the womens is the hardest to get into then the print and menswear
My colleagues told me about her life at st.martins and what she think about the type that st.martin looking for. It's fun and it's great!~
but I want to know about is there any loan and schlorship for international students, you know st. martin tuition for international students is extremely high(not fair..... ).
becoz I really want to go, but I dont think I've got enough money.....

07-08-2006
fashion icon

13,000 and only 40 spots
yea..i was surprised at how many times antonio tried for that school

hum..well..since im gonna be fresh out of highschool next year..i have to take the foundation course right
so..is there a need for showing off my sewing skills? or do they only want artworks

thanks victim

mathewthew...so..your friend said that st.martin is looking for fun people..people with flair?

08-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathewthew
My colleagues told me about her life at st.martins and what she think about the type that st.martin looking for. It's fun and it's great!~
but I want to know about is there any loan and schlorship for international students, you know st. martin tuition for international students is extremely high(not fair..... ).
becoz I really want to go, but I dont think I've got enough money.....
erm i'm not sure i think you can if you're in europe but i dont think so if you're outside, you'd have to call them.

like i said before just put what represents you in your portfolio, there is no special mixture, if anything i dont think they care about how well you can sew

08-08-2006
backstage pass

^ did you have any textiles experience at all victim if you did that art and design thingy (sorry i forgot the name lol) course?

08-08-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
like i said before just put what represents you in your portfolio, there is no special mixture, if anything i dont think they care about how well you can sew
they dont care about sewing? for foundation you mean?
ok..i suppose i ll just do my best

10-08-2006
trendsetter

yeah i had a little textiles experience but i dont think it was imporatant, they definatly dont care about sewing for foundation and to be honest its not that important for degree hahaha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint