How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2009
rising star

Yeah maybe try going to open days to get an understanding of what the colleges are actually like...

There are lots of other universities in the UK for fashion design with just as good a reputation as LCF, probably better.

10-03-2009
windowshopping

Hi! I have a question for those who applied this year for CSM and are considered in the Round 1: did you receive any offer?
Because I also applied and I'm anxious that I didn't even get "rejected". How much time do they have for answering?

10-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant View Post
Hi! I have a question for those who applied this year for CSM and are considered in the Round 1: did you receive any offer?
Because I also applied and I'm anxious that I didn't even get "rejected". How much time do they have for answering?
we got the answer just 2 hours after leaving our work. All of us were trying to get into womenswear and no one succeed, but we were offered other pathways. Some accepted and some decided to try again next year. I think in the second round you get the answer after 1 month :b
hope it helped
xxx

10-03-2009
windowshopping

Thank you for answer
By leaving the work you mean giving them a portfolio? But you were asked to bring them by UCAS application?
I'm worried that they didn't give me any response neither to bring portfolio nor that I don't suit
Sorry if my questions are silly but I'm foreigner and UCAS system isn't enough clear for me.

10-03-2009
trendsetter

What is the fashion journalism graduate program like? I am thinking about applying for Fall 2010. Is anyone currently in it?

Also, what type of steps would I need to take to prepare for my portfolio? I am currently an English and Art History major.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
What is the fashion journalism graduate program like? I am thinking about applying for Fall 2010. Is anyone currently in it?

Also, what type of steps would I need to take to prepare for my portfolio? I am currently an English and Art History major.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
I thought fashion journalism was at LCF?

Portfolio is the same as for every other course at CSM fashion,
show YOURSELF and YOUR STRENGTHS in a portfolio and a sketchbook or two.
I know that sounds vague, but it's really that simple, as there is NO, i repeat NO winning combination or magical formula for portfolios.
There needs to be a self repeating post on this thread reminding people,
it's gotta be the most commonly asked question.
(Not necessarily aimed at you VavaVinny, it just comes up A LOT.

11-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qual View Post
I thought fashion journalism was at LCF?

Portfolio is the same as for every other course at CSM fashion,
show YOURSELF and YOUR STRENGTHS in a portfolio and a sketchbook or two.
I know that sounds vague, but it's really that simple, as there is NO, i repeat NO winning combination or magical formula for portfolios.
There needs to be a self repeating post on this thread reminding people,
it's gotta be the most commonly asked question.
(Not necessarily aimed at you VavaVinny, it just comes up A LOT.
Thank you !

What is LCF?

V.I.P.

London College of Fashion .. there is a thread on it, here.

24-03-2009
windowshopping

hey! i've been studying fashion folio at csm since september. Now, though, i'm having some dilemma about my future and I don't know anymore if I wanna do fine art, fashion... even photography or cinema so I thought that would be great to make a step backwards and apply for a foundation course so I can decide. There's no more places for foundation at csm or lcf as the deadline was 30th of January and I was late to apply so I am kinda lost at that moment and don't know what to do as I just came to London 8 months ago. I would be grateful forever to someone with knowledge about the topic who could give my any advice through msn (otherwise it's too slow and I don't want antoher deadline to come) about what to do or what other colleges offer foundation in art and design and are still open and are good and so on...
if anything, pvt me please.... kinda desperate lol

xxx

25-03-2009
windowshopping

And... to whom it may concern i'm totally disappointed with the choice of students through compact interviews. What does it say about English fashion colleges to put students with completed BA's upon younger students... i mean... it's totally nonsense. Of course they have better skills and so but hello! there's people wanting to have a future too!

25-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesterday View Post
And... to whom it may concern i'm totally disappointed with the choice of students through compact interviews. What does it say about English fashion colleges to put students with completed BA's upon younger students... i mean... it's totally nonsense. Of course they have better skills and so but hello! there's people wanting to have a future too!
It's the hard fact of some of the prestigue schools. At the National Academy of the Arts here in Norway there are people taking a foreign BA just to get into the BA course at the NAA. It's wierd but thats how it works at the big-shot-schools.

28-03-2009
scenester

I sent everything through UCAS Route B on March 9th for the BA Womenswear from CSM(im home student).Only post I got was UCAS , nothing from CSM yet.Does it usually take this long too hear back - or are things not looking good ?

28-03-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdas View Post
I sent everything through UCAS Route B on March 9th for the BA Womenswear from CSM(im home student).Only post I got was UCAS , nothing from CSM yet.Does it usually take this long too hear back - or are things not looking good ?
I got my letter from CSM on 8th April last year, with interview date on 24th April, so give it a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Jamess; 28-03-2009 at 06:24 AM.
28-03-2009
windowshopping

Does anyone know which are the best halls of residence to apply for in London for csm? and also if i already live in London am i likely to be offered halls?

28-03-2009
trendsetter

For those who submitted their portfolio by mail to CSM, did you use slides, cds, or pictures? I read that they prefer slides, but I am not sure if pictures would be a better option. I also heard they don't like the portfolio books with plastic covers inside.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint