How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisous View Post
Does anyone know which are the best halls of residence to apply for in London for csm? and also if i already live in London am i likely to be offered halls?
Will Wyatt are pretty nice and closest to CSM,
I'm in Ewen Henderson Court, which is one of the furthest away, but I didn't apply there, noone really did. The whole halls application may as well be scrapped, because hardly anyone ever gets their choice, good or bad.

06-04-2009
windowshopping

I just a letter from CSM for the portfolio review. I applied to MA fashion for textiles.

I am applying as a mature student as I have been working as a assistant for 3 years... does anyone have any experience for the MA interviews?? or applying as a mature student?

and also the letter says the interview is just for the MA fashion for textiles, but I applied for another pathways as well...do I have to come back to London another time for that interview... how does that work??

thanks for any help! I am getting so nervous :-(

06-04-2009
V.I.P.

I was talking to a fashion design student who works in selfridges about applying to CSM. He told me that for every place in CSM there are 10 people applying for that place and in London College of Fashion, there are only 3 for each place.

12-04-2009
rising star

hey everyone! I am going in September to the Foudation of arts and design course and i'm looking for a place to live. I've checked the housing services but since i'm not older than 19, the only place they let me stay (that's what i understood from info they gave me) is Furzedown Hall & Cedars Hall; i've checked the London map and that seems quite distant to CSM.

Does anyone know better places to live, besides the ones provided by the college?

Last edited by fauxpas; 12-04-2009 at 10:40 AM.
15-04-2009
windowshopping

hahah like FIT I missed the application window, anyone else applying for spring?

16-04-2009
windowshopping

was just wondering for anyone that has had an interview or is having one,ive got mine on the 21st and just wondered how many sketchbooks you took/are planning on taking.?
thanks

16-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledger View Post
was just wondering for anyone that has had an interview or is having one,ive got mine on the 21st and just wondered how many sketchbooks you took/are planning on taking.?
thanks
Well I think sketchbooks are actually more important than a portfolio on an unspoken level, since they're the only way for another person to really get to understand the way that your designs function as ideas and how you transform a concept into a physical garment. If I were you I'd just take a few sketchbooks and if you end up being strapped for time you can always just give them the best ones. For my interview at another school I'm going full out (as in hauling a huge bag around with me...). Better safe than sorry! Best of luck!

16-04-2009
front row

just wondering if they do fashion journo there?

17-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-V View Post
just wondering if they do fashion journo there?
There's not a strictly fashion journalism course, but FCP combines fashion writing with communication and promotion, as well as fashion history.
It's a pretty good way in to doing anything that side of fashion.

17-04-2009
windowshopping

anybody have any experiences or things i should know for my menswear interview???

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qual View Post
There's not a strictly fashion journalism course, but FCP combines fashion writing with communication and promotion, as well as fashion history.
It's a pretty good way in to doing anything that side of fashion.
Not true, i've applied to do Fashion Journalism at CSM! but it's an MA, the MA Fashion has several pathways, one of which is Fashion Journalism.

21-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
Not true, i've applied to do Fashion Journalism at CSM! but it's an MA, the MA Fashion has several pathways, one of which is Fashion Journalism.
Well I never thought of someone asking about an MA,
not quite the same deal.

24-04-2009
rising star

why on earth not?! saying they don't do a fashion journalism course isn't true, i just pointed that out. We have no idea about Miss V's education or experience so i was just informing her (and anyone else who wanted to know) that one of the Fashion MA's pathways is Fashion Journalism - CSM offers various undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as certificates and short courses so why shouldn't i point out one of them?

24-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:

I'm considering applying to the MA program- I'm graduating now with a BFA from FIT in design. Do you mind if I ask- what sort of things did they ask you about, and what sort of things do they look for? Do you think they're going to prefer students who got a BA from csm?

26-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
why on earth not?! saying they don't do a fashion journalism course isn't true, i just pointed that out. We have no idea about Miss V's education or experience so i was just informing her (and anyone else who wanted to know) that one of the Fashion MA's pathways is Fashion Journalism - CSM offers various undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as certificates and short courses so why shouldn't i point out one of them?
Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint