How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matanah View Post
I'm considering applying to the MA program- I'm graduating now with a BFA from FIT in design. Do you mind if I ask- what sort of things did they ask you about, and what sort of things do they look for? Do you think they're going to prefer students who got a BA from csm?
sorry i have no idea - my interview's not until next week so i'll let you know then! i'm really really nervous about the interview as i don't have a very 'fashiony' background - my background is in writing and in business, so i hope that not having strictly fashion qualifications won't count against me. Anyway, i'll report back after my interview for you

30-04-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
sorry i have no idea - my interview's not until next week so i'll let you know then! i'm really really nervous about the interview as i don't have a very 'fashiony' background - my background is in writing and in business, so i hope that not having strictly fashion qualifications won't count against me. Anyway, i'll report back after my interview for you
Mines next week as well(for the BA).My portfolio is not too fashion-y either(bar 2 toiles).I hope its interesting enough to warrant an interview though.

04-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
Please do! I would would love to know how it goes- I don't know anyone who has gone to the school or applied for the MA program! Good luck with your interview!!

07-05-2009
front row

I got into Foundation but now I'm wondering if foundation is worth going through if I've already have an AAS degree from Parsons and have some experience in the industry (and already have some debt). Is it possible to ask to bypass foundation and go straight to BA since I've already gotten in, or would I have to reapply again for the fall (or spring if possible)?... Thanks in advance.

07-05-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjacobslove View Post
I got into Foundation but now I'm wondering if foundation is worth going through if I've already have an AAS degree from Parsons and have some experience in the industry (and already have some debt). Is it possible to ask to bypass foundation and go straight to BA since I've already gotten in, or would I have to reapply again for the fall (or spring if possible)?... Thanks in advance.
Why didn't you already apply for a BA if you have experience and grades from Parsons!? That sounds good enough!
If you've gotten onto foundation, I don't think you can quite bypass it to BA, you'd have to be interviewed.
I know for sure they're tightening the numbers for future years,
but you seem like you have a better chance than a lot of the applicants I've heard about.

11-05-2009
front row

Transfer students
Hi, anyone knows anything about transfer students? I'm already studying Fashion Design and I wanna go to CSM to finish my studies. I've looked in their website but i found nothing about it, just the abroad program. So if anyone knows if i could transfer from my current school to CSM, please tell me, i would really appreciate.

Thank you.

11-05-2009
front row

I'm answering myself: They do not accept transfer students. But if you have already done one year in fashion at your college you don't need to do the year foundation. In anyone is interested :p

16-05-2009
backstage pass

Is anyone taking summer courses? I signed up for the fashion drawing and fashion journalism ones

scenester

I haven't but I'd like to..

21-05-2009
front row

I know having CSM on your resume looks really impressive but do they actually help graduates find jobs?

24-05-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jibrielle* View Post
Is anyone taking summer courses? I signed up for the fashion drawing and fashion journalism ones
uuuuuuh I'm taking fashion drawing
which course are you going to do???

26-05-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjacobslove View Post
I know having CSM on your resume looks really impressive but do they actually help graduates find jobs?
By the time you've graduated from CSM, you should have a fair few contacts in your arsenal to help you on your way; it's not their place to help you get a job, thats for the individual to work at with the skills and portfolio that they've acquired in their 3/4 years at the school.

By the way, we saw Stephen Jones and a friend of mine loudly noted that he looked a touch like Dr Evil...
see some people aren't all serious.

26-05-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by *+*darietta*+* View Post
uuuuuuh I'm taking fashion drawing
which course are you going to do???
I'm taking the July 13-17 one and the July 20-24 one, How about you?

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jibrielle* View Post
I'm taking the July 13-17 one and the July 20-24 one, How about you?
I'm taking these too
can't wait

29-05-2009
backstage pass

Yay!! That makes me so happy, I will know someone

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint