How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2010
trendsetter

I am still planning on applying to the MA Fashion Journalism course, but I need to finish my essay!!! It is so damn intimidating !

I have a question for past applicants who have been accepted. It says on the website that they accept applications until May, but I REALLY want to get mine in at least by early April. Do you think that is too late?

Also, has anyone ever applied to or been enrolled in the MA Fashion Journalism course? If so, what is it like?

18-03-2010
V.I.P.

Anyone done their evening courses? I'm gonna sign up for the Introduction to Advertising one which starts in a month, and over the Summer I hope to take the Fashion Photography one. Just for personal experience/knowledge. (:

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy View Post
Anyone done their evening courses? I'm gonna sign up for the Introduction to Advertising one which starts in a month, and over the Summer I hope to take the Fashion Photography one. Just for personal experience/knowledge. (:
oh i'd love to do fashion photography! i even signed up ones but had to cancel, it was such a shame. i took creative portfolio for textile design with margaret campbell and it was amazing! so inspirational!

i'm thinking now of taking Creating New Concepts in Fashion as addition to my portfolio.

19-03-2010
windowshopping

Hi,

Is there anybody who could give me any more info about the FCP course? Does it have a good reputation, would you reccommend it and what is the general structure of the course like?
I can't seem to find much about it on the csm website.

Thanks!

31-03-2010
windowshopping

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here on TFS. It's great to be a part of this fashion-community.

I applied for CSM Fashion design womenswear for two weeks ago and I am still waiting for something to happend. I am tracking my application through UCAS everyday and I am so nervous and worried about the answer from CSM.

I really hope that I get accepted, because this is really what I want to do rest of my life. Trust me, I have been in high school three years now studying science (biology, chemistry, math and physics) and it is so boring.

I cross my fingers for you out there who have applied for CSM.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionbyD View Post
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here on TFS. It's great to be a part of this fashion-community.

I applied for CSM Fashion design womenswear for two weeks ago and I am still waiting for something to happend. I am tracking my application through UCAS everyday and I am so nervous and worried about the answer from CSM.

I really hope that I get accepted, because this is really what I want to do rest of my life. Trust me, I have been in high school three years now studying science (biology, chemistry, math and physics) and it is so boring.

Hey

You won't be accepted immediatly. After applying, you will be asked to submit a mini project (you'll find the guidelines for it on their online brochure about BA Fashion in their website). If you succeed and impress them with that, then they'll ask you for a full portfolio and maybe an interview.

I don't mean to sound harsh, sorry if you do sound that

Good Luck!

31-03-2010
scenester

my friend has an interview with them soon, any tips or advice? shes really nervous, I didn't go to Uni so I can't give much advice!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
Hey

You won't be accepted immediatly. After applying, you will be asked to submit a mini project (you'll find the guidelines for it on their online brochure about BA Fashion in their website). If you succeed and impress them with that, then they'll ask you for a full portfolio and maybe an interview.

I don't mean to sound harsh, sorry if you do sound that

Good Luck!
Yeah, I already know that. But until they wheter ask you to submit a mini portfolio or not you can't like be comfortable. But I am waiting and crossing my fingers to at least leave a mini portfolio so they can see my creativity and talent.

scenester

hey can someone please help me here ???

I am an international student who would like to apply for the M.A fashion design at csm
The thing is .... are you expected to only fill up the various forms and put your portfolio together n reference letter and send them to the college??? IS THERE NO APPLICATION FEE INVOLVED?? I am kinda at my wits end trying to figure out all de stuff.

P.S wots UCAS everyone's talkin abt?

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by amak View Post
P.S wots UCAS everyone's talkin abt?
Since you're from India, you don't need to worry about UCAS. It is only for UK, EU, and internal international students.

Quote:

I don't mean to be discouraging, but have you done a foundation year or anything equivalent? Because the head of menswear at St. Martins told us that because UCAS no longer ranks choices they will have to sift through an estimated 2500 applicants for womenswear alone, and if you do not have a BA or a FDA they usually do not tend to ask for a mini portfolio. Everyone I know on BA womenswear has a BA, a foundation degree, or extensive work experience, though there probably are exceptions. Maybe you should try calling CSM and asking about if they suggest a foundation for you. But I do hope that things work out.

15-04-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Yeah, I already know that. But until they wheter ask you to submit a mini portfolio or not you can't like be comfortable. But I am waiting and crossing my fingers to at least leave a mini portfolio so they can see my creativity and talent.
I've just been asked for a mini project... I can't believe I didn't take this info on their website seriously and now only have a week to do it. Do u know if then you get an interview to which u bring your portfolio or you send it and then might get an interview? I find it a little confusing. many thanx

17-04-2010
windowshopping

They will look at your mini portfolio and then decide if they invite you to go for an interview with your portfolio. I know, it´s quite confusing...

17-04-2010
windowshopping

oh i'm glad they invite you to an interview with your portfolio rather than do a screening day after which they might give you an interview. otherwise it'd be another stressful step of the application process! thank you julialoveslondon!

18-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Hi everyone!

UCAS has been a right pain this year. I sent applications off in January and just got my interview dates last week

27-04-2010
windowshopping

They received my mini project yesterday, now more waiting! Who else had their deadline yesterday?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint