How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2010
windowshopping

YEA LIFE DRAWINGS ARE IMPORTANT in pretty much whatever you apply to art and design wise, well what course at csm are you going to apply too and you have until like march of next year for your portfolio to be turned in?

23-07-2010
windowshopping

Thank you for all the tips everyone!

24-07-2010
windowshopping

hahaha thank you for making that clear, and yes I guess the portfolio review is around march. But I'll try to finish my portfolio this December, because otherwise I'll be way to busy during my final exams.

Just as TessAnna said, thank you so much. All these tips will hopefully really help, at least it already gave me a better idea of the English expectations ('cause the dutch ones are totally different!).

xxx

15-08-2010
windowshopping

Has anyone ever done the fashion styling for professionals short course in csm? I have my first day tomorrow and don't really know what to expect! I'm very curious to know what other people thought of it.

28-08-2010
fashion icon

I was wondering if anyone has done the journalism program at CSM? I am thinking about applying to study their for year as part of my study abroad program. So is the program any good? Whats life like at the school?

13-09-2010
windowshopping

Got exciting news! I'm attending the Christmas course Art & Design (under 18s), who else is going?

Last edited by TAUKA; 13-09-2010 at 10:59 AM.
14-09-2010
front row

This summer I took two courses: Intro to Fashion Journalism and Magazine Layout. The journalism was really great, it covered a lot and my teacher had so much experience from the industry. The layout on the other hand wasn't as good. I think the teacher for that course was a substitute because on my certificate there was a different name.

However, I really liked it and I'm now interested in FCP. Is anyone doing that/has done it?
I want to start putting together my portfolio but I'm not sure exactly what to include. Can anyone help me or give me some tips?
And is the interview as 'cruel' for FCP as (I assume it's one of the design programs) someone described? :p

front row

Hi everyone! I'm attending a fashion school here in Greece and know the basics about designing, tailoring, textiles and history or art. Can somebody tell me in simple english what an international student like me should do to get into CSM in the fashion and textiles department? And what level will i be?

front row

I'm getting really confused on the csm site. Do they offer diploma or certificate courses for someone who wants to be a fashion buyer, editor or stylist?

10-10-2010
trendsetter

In this case I'd recommend a course at the London College of Fashion. They have better courses for these subjects

front row

^ Thanks.
I'm looking for the right college (outside Greece) to continue my studies on fashion (in case i don't get a scholarship i'm working on at the time). I was between CSM and Parsons. Now i guess i should consider London College of Fashion too.

front row

a friend of mine has a problem. she hasnt done a art foundation but took a year out, and modelled, interned. do you think the fashion ba communication with promotion course would still consider her?? she meets the rest of the minimum requirements AAAs at a-level etc

24-11-2010
windowshopping

hey everybody, I have a question about the application form. When you need to write down stories, for example your personal statement, do those stories also need to be in capital letters? Or can you write them in a normal way?

xxx

25-11-2010
trendsetter

why capital letters? just write them the way you always write texts.

windowshopping

Hi
I am applying to the Fashion History and Theory course at Central Saint Martins and reading the entry requirements, I noticed that a TOEFL score of 6.5 is required, which I don't have. I am originally Hungarian, but I have attended an international school since 2nd Grade and speak fluent English. Are they really strict about these sort of things or can I get away with it?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint