How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hanni* View Post
Hi
I am applying to the Fashion History and Theory course at Central Saint Martins and reading the entry requirements, I noticed that a TOEFL score of 6.5 is required, which I don't have. I am originally Hungarian, but I have attended an international school since 2nd Grade and speak fluent English. Are they really strict about these sort of things or can I get away with it?
Probably, that will be the case I have been in International school since grade 3 as well. Well, If you are taking the IB diploma, with an English A1 grade above 5, I think it's probably fine Instead of IELTS, i took Toefl, and they have a way of converting the scores.
Hope it helped.

I just got registered for the interview, and got informed yesterday that they will tell you their decision after the 30 minute interview and I am panicing right now, since I only have 2 weeks or less to prepare

27-11-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAUKA View Post
hey everybody, I have a question about the application form. When you need to write down stories, for example your personal statement, do those stories also need to be in capital letters? Or can you write them in a normal way?

xxx
I put my personal statement in capitals because it said fill every section in block capitals...

but if you don't have to then I will look a bit silly! haha oh well..

28-11-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessAnna View Post
I put my personal statement in capitals because it said fill every section in block capitals...

but if you don't have to then I will look a bit silly! haha oh well..
hahah well, then we will look silly together, because I will do it too

xx

28-11-2010
front row

Does anyone have any idea what kind of writing sample (how long, etc) CSM wants from applicants for the Fashion Journalism MA? And if doing fashion-industry internships or magazine internships is a necessity?

05-12-2010
rising star

I was thinking about the short courses, Art Direction or Fashion Promotion.
But I found out that Fashion Communication Summer School seems to include it all and more, does anyone know this course? Someone going for next summer?

10-12-2010
rising star

Is it possible to get in CSM BA courses when we finish other UAL foundations? They suggested me to go to CCW foundation and then decide, but my primary goal is still CSM..

trendsetter

Yes, it is possible.

front row

does anyone know what kind of stuff they are looking for in your portfolio for Fashion communication with promotion?

13-12-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcivomistra View Post
They received my mini project yesterday, now more waiting! Who else had their deadline yesterday?
hey did you have to give it in ON 3RD or before it??

25-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla_ View Post
Does anyone have any idea what kind of writing sample (how long, etc) CSM wants from applicants for the Fashion Journalism MA? And if doing fashion-industry internships or magazine internships is a necessity?
I think probably 2 or 3 pieces of 1,000 words+?

scenester

Short Fashion Photography course

I did this in December and I was pretty annoyed at the whole thing. Myself and 1 other complained and then I discovered that a few others were just as disappointed with the course. The teacher was late every day, we took very long breaks. We didn't stick to what we were supposed to cover and ended up being a day behind and so missed out on certain things that are important (particular lighting etc...). The shoot itself was pretty good, but I suggest anyone who goes on this course with a view to get photos for a portfolio - simply hire a model/stylist etc for yourself. You will probably save money and have all the time in the world to shoot!
Such a waste of money/time. Disorganised and unprofessional!

30-12-2010
windowshopping

@Anditgoeson, wow sounds disappointing. I also did a christmas course (Art&Design) and that was absolutely amazing. So sad that yours wasn't.

At that course they explained a lot about csm etc. but I forgot to ask 1 important question. How does the new application look like... is it still leaving your portfolio and then hoping for getting an interview or are interviews not taken at all anymore?

03-01-2011
front row

anyone know why the ucas deadline for the mini project says 3rd jan 2011 but the school is closed today and open tomorrow????

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

what what what, do you mean with the mini project the mini portfolio (for fcp?) I thought I had read and understood everything about the application process through the csm page and tha the mini portfolio would only be asked if you were "qualified" and got forward on the process? Oh man, I think I need to do some emailing in the morning...

Last edited by indie; 05-01-2011 at 06:49 PM.
05-01-2011
rising star

I would like to take some short courses at CSM, but Im looking for the whole day for cheap accommodations. Im not sure if Im now right here, can anyone recommend me please a hotel, hostel, or something else to stay about a Month there for some courses?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint