How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-10-2006
backstage pass

any feedback at all on the Curation criticism and communications degree there??

i am seriously thinking of applying next year and would really love anyones views on its credibility etc

23-10-2006
tfs star

Does anyone do/know of anyone who does Fashion Theory at CSM? I'm thinking about applying but the qualifications listed on their site are so vague and I'd prefer someones personal opinions.

24-10-2006
tfs star

Anyone? They kindly emailed me and told me I have enough to apply but I'd love for someone to tell me how it is...

26-10-2006
backstage pass

If anyone does Fashion Communication and Promotion any info would be great

26-10-2006
fashion elite

Gareth Pugh said some not so good things about CSM in i-D oct... I hadn't noticed it before, I had to do a double take when I flicked through the interview last night... it was not that discouraging, but... I'll find it and type it up for you guys...

26-10-2006
backstage pass

^thanks, Im curious and would love to read it

26-10-2006
fashion elite

Here it is:

What was St. Martins like?
The only reason that I went there was because of Louise Wilson. You know they have those things at the back of the Sunday Times where they interview really successful people in their fields? Well I read the Louise Wilson one and she talked about St Martins and it just sounded like a really amazing place. I always wanted to go to London but now I had found somewhere that I wanted to study. I was always really pissed off that she never taught me - I couldn't afford to do the MA after the BA. She has this reputation of being really horrible but if you can't deal with Louise then you can't deal with anything outside of college. You have to fight for what you want at St Martins, even the librarians are horrible and bitchy but they are just preparing you.

04-11-2006
rising star

i might be applying this year for the foundation art and design course.. going to have a look round on monday.

17-12-2006
fashion icon

gosh...ugh

im applying this year..foundation. but im completely and totally lost. i havent even started collecting my portfolio pieces. i think they are mostly crap.
wow...what Gareth Pugh said...hum.

what's the personal statement about? do i have to do it for foundation?
i dont know if i should go for it this year..i dont feel ready...i still feel lost.

20-12-2006
rising star

Summer School at Central Saint Martins
Dear ladies,

This summer I will be going to London to do a course at Central Saint Martins called ' Introduction to Fashion Design '.

In this topic I would like to talk to other people who are also going to attend Summer School at CSM!

20-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddie
Dear ladies,

This summer I will be going to London to do a course at Central Saint Martins called ' Introduction to Fashion Design '.

In this topic I would like to talk to other people who are also going to attend Summer School at CSM!
Was thinking about it but have decided on the Slade 3 month summer school because it just seems better. Plus I am interested in Fine Art more than fashion design at this point anyway. Why did you decide on this college over another?

20-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Was thinking about it but have decided on the Slade 3 month summer school because it just seems better. Plus I am interested in Fine Art more than fashion design at this point anyway. Why did you decide on this college over another?
To be honest, I haven't really considered any other Summer School Programs at any other schools!
I knew about CSM's great reputation and a lot of the courses they are offering really interested me! So I talked about it with my father, he was also very enthusiastic, and we decided to give it a try! Fashion is my true passion so the courses at CSM were perfect for me
I booked the course yesterday and I am sooo looking forward to it! I have never been to London before so I think it will be a great experience for me.

20-12-2006
windowshopping

I did a very intensive 5 day course in CSM for fahsion styling (as I want to learn about it to help my photography side of things).

Was interesting, and it was good, esp when they get proper people in the industry to teach and give you an insights about what do they actually do. (ie, not just parties all the time. haha)

20-12-2006
trendsetter

I'm going to sign in on photography course 16-18 year olds. from august 13th to 17th.!!

if my parents will let me

20-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by panadol
I did a very intensive 5 day course in CSM for fahsion styling (as I want to learn about it to help my photography side of things).

Was interesting, and it was good, esp when they get proper people in the industry to teach and give you an insights about what do they actually do. (ie, not just parties all the time. haha)
That's a very good thing to hear, because I was already hoping so! I defenitely come to London to learn something and of course for the experience, and not for the partying If I was coming to London for just the partying, I wouldn't let my father pay my course!

Thanks for your reply!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint