How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2007
fashion insider

If you're an international student, you can bypass UCAS and apply directly to any college you want at the same time. I think the reason they ask us for so much more work is because they don't require an interview from an international student. They rather assess you from the portfolio alone. I have asked if I can still get an interview even if I was able to make it anytime they wanted, but they just glossed over that question and said they rather judge it on your work alone.Where are you MUXU?

03-02-2007
scenester

my frd has got in... but it's kinda weird...
on fri, there were like 10-20 gals being interviewed at the same time
half of them had got interviewed and half just sent in their portfolio...
some of the gals that got the interviews was rejected but all gals that sent in were in...

and my frd told me that, last yr.. when applicants got interviewed, they will be sent to two doors, one when you open it, it'll have the word WELCOME and the other one's GO HOME

it's so weird, huh!? So reality TV........

03-02-2007
fashion icon

educo, im from toronto, canada.

haha...wow...how strange of an interview. i suppose those girls that got interviewed didnt so so swell. your friend got in on the spot?! T_T
i wonder...if they are gonna make a reality tv show from this. like follow 10 or 15 students from their start of portfolio till they get an interview, either rejected of got in. they make reality tv shows from anything now days anyways.

04-02-2007
fashion elite

That's strange. Not exactly the fairest way to judge who gets in, as a huge part of it is based on lucky, not talent or potential. I'd hate to be turned out from persuing your dream career direction, just because I'd opened the wrong door, or applied by the wrong method.

04-02-2007
trendsetter

when you apply you dont get an interview automatically you drop off your portfolio then they choose if they want to interview you. when i went i was with ike 30 people 8 got interviewed and i was the only one to be accepted

04-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
That's strange. Not exactly the fairest way to judge who gets in, as a huge part of it is based on lucky, not talent or potential. I'd hate to be turned out from persuing your dream career direction, just because I'd opened the wrong door, or applied by the wrong method.
what the hell are you talking about? they judge on portfolio! its got nothing to do with luck!

04-02-2007
fashion icon

^well...there is a very small chance that is base on luck. for example...the person looking at your portfolio is a horrible mood vs a person that is in a great mood....or...your portfolio being in a bunch that have dreadful artworks vs being in a bunch with equal or better artworks than yours.

victim...you are scaring me sigh
i really dont know if i have "it" =T

05-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUXU
^well...there is a very small chance that is base on luck. for example...the person looking at your portfolio is a horrible mood vs a person that is in a great mood....or...your portfolio being in a bunch that have dreadful artworks vs being in a bunch with equal or better artworks than yours.

victim...you are scaring me sigh
i really dont know if i have "it" =T
if the work from the group is alll good then you'll all get an interview, if its all awful then none of you will.
besides the tutors are allways in a bad mood

06-02-2007
windowshopping

I'm starting the fashion folio course this april .. Has anyone taken it before and can tell me what to expect?? Also, is anyone else here going, I want some friends ; - 0 !

07-02-2007
front row

^ i'm applying to csm too! but for foundations... i'll be your friend, if i get accepted, and if i go there (my parents want me to go to parsons! why? why? )

07-02-2007
taz
MUSE

Short Courses
have anyone experinced the CSM short courses during summer or easter ?
I'm planning to go there

07-02-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
have anyone experinced the CSM short courses during summer or easter ?
I'm planning to go there
I am going there to in the summer! But I haven't got any experience with it so far...

07-02-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberQuirkiness
^ i'm applying to csm too! but for foundations... i'll be your friend, if i get accepted, and if i go there (my parents want me to go to parsons! why? why? )
wooo yay skip parsons!! I dont know about parsons NY, but the parsons paris doesn't accept student loans ! That alone was a big reason for me not to go there !!

07-02-2007
trendsetter

Do the summer courses provide housing?

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
what the hell are you talking about? they judge on portfolio! its got nothing to do with luck!

I'm talking about the post two up from mine, #122:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...0-post122.html

Hence why I stated that it was "strange" because it's highly unlikely that that's how things are.

Your answer also comfirmed my doubts.

Last edited by Hye Park Lover; 07-02-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
central, csm, london, martins, saint