Cosmetology Schools - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-11-2005
V.I.P.

If you post there, be sure to say hello. I check in almost every day.

06-12-2005
windowshopping

Make up/Hair/Cosmetology Schools & cources
I´m just wondering if someone heard anything about the makeup artist school called Fleurimon in Paris? Is it a good school...?

09-12-2005
Von
front row

Make up/Hair/Cosmetology Schools
I know there are countless Cosmetology schools in Nyc, but what are some more respected ones.

I was thinking about going to Paul Mitchell in Costa Mesa, but my dislike for California seems to grow bigger everyday, and would rather go to school in NYC.

I know Aveda has one...and Redken has some type of Exchange place, but that is for already licensed stylists?

Anyone know any other good schools?

11-12-2005
scenester

Make up schools in London
Can anyone recommend a make up school in London? Which one is considered to have the best reputation?

11-11-2006
trendsetter

Aveda Institute
Is this place any good? There is one in my city, Charlotte, and I was thinking about maybe going to become a cosmetologist. I still want to be a model and am planning on trying it, but I need a back up plan in case it doesn't work out . I am not the college type, so no college for me, lol . I am very, very good at makeup and would be good at hair if I had some training. I am 17 and I know more about makeup that my 43 yr. old mom:p . Weird, huh? Anyhoo, just an idea. Anyone here gone to their? I know Kyan Douglas went there, I think, I don't remember exactly. Well, all opinions would be welcomed!

front row

Does anybody know anything positive or negative about the Glauca Rossi School of make up in London?

10-03-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminicooper
Can anyone recommend a make up school in London? Which one is considered to have the best reputation?
I am also interested in London schools/courses.

windowshopping

hair/makeup lessons
I read a magazine article about salons and makeup stores giving makeup and hair lessons. Since the magazine was British, I can't find most of the salons/stores they recommended in Canada.

Does anyone know of any stores/salons who give lessons in canada (or the states)?

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate-lola
Does anybody know anything positive or negative about the Glauca Rossi School of make up in London?
it's been around for ever and it used to be good
not sure how 'cool' it may be now but it sure it has a professional reputation

09-09-2007
windowshopping

Check out my Blog about LA's newest MAKEUP & BEAUTY School. I personally endorse this school because I've worked with the Director and Owner of the school, Nakeah Fuller on a film. A very talented and inspirational "makeup pro" to the stars, Nakeah is. Here in Hollywood Nakeah's talent is in great demand and you can learn from her. Check out ALLABOUTFACE.COM for further information....and for those in persuit of working in the industry, lots of Luck to you all. My WEBSITE also contains lots of help for those interested fashion jobs and training.

rising star

Just a little word of advise for people looking into schools in the states. I went to Cosmix which is located in Ft. Lauderdale and had a great experience there. I was only able to finish the first half of the program (because I got accepted to FIT and moved to NYC) but it was great and I learned a lot. They teach techniques for runway, photography, film and basically any form of media.

Just a suggestion to look into if your studying in the states!

23-05-2008
tfs star

Cosmetology schools
I want to hear experiences of people's experiences going to different partner schools. I went to Paul Mitchell, which I ended up loving, but I would like to hear from Aveda, Toni & Guy, Etc.

24-05-2008
V.I.P.

Moderator Note:

Merged with exising thread with exact same name. Please do an advanced search for thread titles, before starting a new thread.

Need help to do that? There's a thread in the Member Support forum, pinned near the top about doing searches at tFS.

24-05-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Moderator Note:

Merged with exising thread with exact same name. Please do an advanced search for thread titles, before starting a new thread.

Need help to do that? There's a thread in the Member Support forum, pinned near the top about doing searches at tFS.
my bad! thank ya.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetology, schools