How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-12-2007
fashion elite

i dont understand these 'professors' why do the heads or the drawing matter??? isnt it the thought, the imagination, the effing finished product that most 'clients' see.

i mean wat if theyb are headless.

stuff the professor.

those who cant do well teach.

No offence

30-12-2007
fashion elite

when i go 2 fashion school im gonna tell the teacher that. Ok fine dats like 5 or 6 years away

30-12-2007
front row

^^^superbeautiful, thanks for all your tips. They're very welcomed. Can you recommend me good colour pencils? The ones I have from Faber-Castell are dreadful.

tfs star

A bit off topic ,but where can I print out more body outlines?

I got some sent to me by the FIDM in california but I want some more variety in the poses.

31-12-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnejanaIsMyMuse View Post
A bit off topic ,but where can I print out more body outlines?

I got some sent to me by the FIDM in california but I want some more variety in the poses.
The Book 9 Heads is a great book for learning how to draw different posses and anything else you ever wanted to know.

24-01-2008
mme
backstage pass

I'm posting a quick sketch of some designs I made tonight... go ahead and be harsh, I can take it (I think) . No one has ever seen my sketches, so any comments will be appreciated!! I guess I should be using colour and ink, so I'm determined to get some watercolour markers and/or pencil crayons this weekend. So Prismacolours are the best? What about Pantone markers? Or should I use ink and watercolour instead?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic.jpg (23.0 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by BetteT; 25-01-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Removing coment about a post in the previous thead ... now out of context.
25-01-2008
V.I.P.

I just moved these posts from the Aspiring designers thread to this thread ... since the conversation had changed to critues and information about drawing.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-01-2008 at 04:23 PM.
25-01-2008
fashion elite

oh ok...........

26-01-2008
front row

I've posted these before, but anyways.

If i can give any advice especially if you're a newb to sketching people - draw thumbnails instead of trying to cover an A4 page, you will always have better control of what you are drawing. You can always scan it in and enlarge it. As you become more experienced, then try drawing larger.

Secondly, don't be too precious with your sketches. You should be able to sketch faster than your brain knows what its doing. Don't worry about making sure every line is correct.

Thirdly, if you can afford it, buy yourself a wacon tablet or equivalent. seriously, its not even the future anymore folks, its the now.

27-01-2008
fashion elite

the other day my dad told me to stop drawing on paper and start doing it all on photoshop. he even bought me a pen that connects to the computer.

but i suck at drawing models. some of my best work started with wrapping fabric around my body.......

03-02-2008
rising star

Fashion Illustration Books
May i get some recommendation on good fashion illustration book?
At the moment
I'm trying to decide..
9 Heads: A Guide to Drawing Fashion by Nancy Riegelman
vs
Fashion Sketchbook by Bina Abling

is there a better book than those ^? if anyone purchased both how different are they?

Thank you very much
i'm srry if this is the wrong place to post

06-05-2008
front row

I like illustrationfriday.com and illustrationmundo I think it's called. There are tips and interviews that I have found helpful. It's not all fashion related, but it still helps.

V.I.P.

for topics on tackling illustration as a career,
info on this thread

About Fashion Illustration as a Career

24-05-2008
V.I.P.

bump *

a review for Letraset Pro Markers
from amazon.co.uk

Quote:
I truly enjoy using this promarkers and it's easy to use both for beginners and profesionals. I've actually got this promarkers from winning a contest held by letraset itself. As for myself who has never use markers for my drawings before promarkers are just the best for me to start with. I was quite afraid to use it for the first time that I would make a mistake but when I start using it I've gained confidence in no time! I had so much fun using it that I got quite addicted to it and forgets all my worries. It really gives out professional effects. Now I could fill colours to my drawings and not always the boring black and white. Even if I've not won it I would definitely buy it. Its price is also resonable for such good quality markers. I would highly recommend this for both beginners and professionals.
Any thoughts?

-------------------------------------------

&here is a neat product i found --Bienfang watercolour brush pens
would be nice to do watercolour painting while on the road

michaels.com |

Quote:
Known for its high quality paper, Bienfang® has expanded its line of fine arts products with professional grade Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens.
Forget dirty water and messy mixing! Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens are perfect for beginners or seasoned watercolorists. Available in a palette of 30 extravagant colors, these quality art tools produce the vibrant washes and subtle gradations that make watercolor so appealing.
Painters at all levels will enjoy Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens. They are easily portable and perfect for those who love outdoor painting.
Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens are also acid-free and a wonderful compliment to cardmaking and scrapbooking.
Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens 9-pack
Start your watercolor collection with this 9-pack that includes eight vibrant colors and one empty blending brush ready to be filled with water.
Bienfang® Watercolor Brush Pens 13-pack
Available in a rich color palette, this 13-pack also includes one empty blending brush.

Last edited by gius; 24-05-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: adding info
04-06-2008
V.I.P.

Latest enhancement to tFS ... an illustration tool! Link can be found on the tFS Home Page.

If you look to the left side, you will see uploading and downloading links, so you can also use your own personal designs and photos. Thought it might be of interest to many of you who like to draw and design.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
books, croquis, fashion, illustration or sketching or drawing, templates, tools