How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-11-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

digital sketch pads
Does anyone here use digital sketch pads? Like the ones used on project runway? What software do they use and what exactly do they help in the process?

Last edited by BetteT; 20-11-2010 at 03:44 PM.

20-11-2010
front row

I use a wacom Intuos tablet, its a much cheaper alternative to the ones they use on the show which is also by Wacon. It's called a Cintiq and they go for around 2 grand

12-06-2011
scenester

Good fashion sketching books? Advice needed!
I'm going back to school for design and want to get a head-start on my sketching this summer before the fall term. Can you please recommend some good books with step-by-step tutorials on fashion sketching? I'm looking for something for beginners that I could also use later as my skills grow. If the book includes tutorials on how to construct/present your portfolio, even better!

Much appreciated!

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

Merged with existing thread about this topic.

There might be some recommendations already in this thread .. take a scan through it.

14-06-2011
scenester

I found a few suggestions. Thanks!

14-06-2011
scenester

Want to buy a tablet for fashion sketching.
I was wondering if anyone uses a tablet for their fashion sketching. What brand/model would you recommend? I'm looking for something that is pressure sensitive by the way.

14-06-2011
V.I.P.

Moobear .... once again I had to merge your new thread into this existing one about all tools related to fashion illustration, drawing and sketching.

Please do not start a new thread if there is already an existing thread about the topic.That's a requirement at tFS ... one of the Community Rules.

We like to keep everything together in this forum, so that people doing research can find the information easily. And we title them very carefully so members can see exactly what should be posted in the thread and so that threads may be easily located if you search by common keywords.

30-05-2012
rising star

Hi! I'm going to NYC on July and I'm looking for a place to buy some supplies for university especially markers similar to Kurecolor and nice pencils to paint my illustrations. I have no idea where to find this since in NYC everything seems to be hiding! I'm not sure if I posted this on the right place...

Last edited by carolinab; 30-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
30-07-2012
rising star

I am new to drawing, started getting hooked just weeks ago. I have done a few sketches, some with just pencil, and some with watercolour and markers. I even made a blog to have somewhere to share my stuff, even if it's not much to show quite yet.

I was wondering, does anyone know any forums/message boards for fashion drawing/illustration? I would love to share my stuff and get some feedback and inspiration.

30-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinab View Post
Hi! I'm going to NYC on July and I'm looking for a place to buy some supplies for university especially markers similar to Kurecolor and nice pencils to paint my illustrations. I have no idea where to find this since in NYC everything seems to be hiding! I'm not sure if I posted this on the right place...
Utrecht Art is on 23rd St., they're affordable, but not as affordable as Pearl Paint on Canal Street.

Potato, I'm getting reacquainted with drawing and painting as I've been slacking. There's a thread on tfs (here) where artists post their work etc. What made you get into fashion illustration if you don't mind my asking and are you looking to pursue it professionally?

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamnoir View Post
Utrecht Art is on 23rd St., they're affordable, but not as affordable as Pearl Paint on Canal Street.

Potato, I'm getting reacquainted with drawing and painting as I've been slacking. There's a thread on tfs (here) where artists post their work etc. What made you get into fashion illustration if you don't mind my asking and are you looking to pursue it professionally?

Oh, thank you! I was looking for something like that on here, but clearly failed, so thanks!

Well, I've been saying for years that I wish I could draw etc (just like I always say I wish I could sing and dance, which I absolutely can't), I was really rubbish at drawing, but then again I never really gave it a go! Then some weeks ago I stumbled (or re-stumbled) upon fashion illustration, and http://www.paperfashion.net in particular, and my boyfriend encouraged me to give it a go. So I tried, drawing some of the illustrations I liked, and I was positively surprised at what I achieved, even though it was not great. So since then I've been sketching, trying to get better... Not just fashion though, although that's what I prefer, I've also tried other things, people in general. And some I've tried with markers and water colours, as I mentioned, and I love that, but haven't done a lot yet... So I'm not really sure if what I do counts as fashion illustrations... but some day I'll get there

And no, I'm not looking to persue it professionally, just as a hobby

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

For members who illustrate, but it's not fashion ... we have a thread in here where you may share your work: tFS Art Gallery in the Art & Design forum.

29-09-2012
front row

Moobear. I saw Wacom has some good tablets and also low budget tablets.

30-09-2012
windowshopping

does anyone know which 2d and 3d programms they use in fashion shools? i am searching for a good 2d and 3d program to start practising!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
books, croquis, fashion, illustration or sketching or drawing, templates, tools