How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2007
scenester

i think a better question to ask would be how many students here have actually been rejected, because I could bet that they accept 100 percent of the people who apply, and actually finish the application process.

that school is so bootleg that they accept everyone and anyone who completes the whole interview portfolio process, and that's that you don't even need to have a good portfolio, grades, etc.

06-06-2007
windowshopping

thats not true! lol i applied there and didnt get in ! no wonder my grades in high school sucked! well they didnt turn me down but the told me to go to a community college to bring up my GPA its really not a bad skool again i think its what you make of your expirience! i dont think they offer a bachelors program.

25-07-2008
windowshopping

FIDM doesn't offer B.A. degrees, only A.A. degree. The only b.A. they offer is for some some sort of Business major. Make sure you check everything out before you decide to go there!

17-11-2008
front row

Im in the process of applying ( my interview via phone is this week) and I'm planning on majoring in Merchandise Marketing, anyone have any advice, stories, etc? I know that math is a big part of the curriculum but is it incredibly difficult?

front row

^No, it's not because the professors are really good at explaining things to you and some of the professors have take home exams which helps. Not to say that I got a great grade in any of the math clases but Im terrible at Math so its a miracle I even passed.

And if anyone wants any info about FIDM, do ask someone who has actually attended and graduated from there instead of people just running their mouths with hearsay

24-11-2008
front row

^Thank you so much, I'm less worried now I got accepted and start in January!

front row

^Congrats! Hope you like the school.

01-02-2009
backstage pass

hello everyone!!
im applying to FIDM
im from italy and im really worried that being foreign would be a point against my acceptance. besides they require work experience but im attending my last year of high school and i dont actually have a chance to have these oùkind of experience.
please give me all of your advices!!!!!!!!!
thank u

02-02-2009
windowshopping

barbiedoitbetter : I got a friend, French, who's got accepted at FIDM for next fall. This year she's in high school in California so maybe it was a good point for her. But I don't think because you're foreign it will be against your acceptance.

02-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnès38 View Post
barbiedoitbetter : I got a friend, French, who's got accepted at FIDM for next fall. This year she's in high school in California so maybe it was a good point for her. But I don't think because you're foreign it will be against your acceptance.
Thank u so much!
I really hope to get in.. Im applying fòr jan 2010 but i still didnt send all the stuff because i have to wait till i have the toefl exam!
How was ur friend s project?

I really need advices, experiences and everything pleaseeee

02-02-2009
windowshopping

I don't know. I didnt see her. But i'm not sure she has to send a project because she applied to Merchandise product development. I'm sorry I can't say more, but don't worry do your best and you'll got all your chances !

02-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnès38 View Post
I don't know. I didnt see her. But i'm not sure she has to send a project because she applied to Merchandise product development. I'm sorry I can't say more, but don't worry do your best and you'll got all your chances !

Thank you!!
Lets hope
!

02-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiedoitbetter View Post
hello everyone!!
im applying to FIDM
im from italy and im really worried that being foreign would be a point against my acceptance. besides they require work experience but im attending my last year of high school and i dont actually have a chance to have these oùkind of experience.
please give me all of your advices!!!!!!!!!
thank u
FIDM requires work experience now?? Hmm. Anyways, my roommate was foreign and I knew a couple of others. Its not at uncommon at the school.

09-03-2009
I don't know

I was looking at the website and saw that they had a stylist for film and television program

anyone know anything about it?

11-03-2009
windowshopping

I went to FIDM and I wished I went to Otis.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, design, fashion, fidm, institute, los, merchandising