Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), New York - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-01-2009
rising star

@Dior_Couture1245

good luck! Let's hope to see eachother on the Fall of 09

23-01-2009
front row

Can anyone tell me whether FIT is really a good school to go to?
I just applied for Fashion Merchandise Management and am awaiting a reply.

23-01-2009
front row

Also I applied a while ago but now I called them just a few hours ago and they said they can´t make a decision without my TOEFL results. Is there a deadline for completing an application for the Fall of 2009?
and also is it hard to get in? I mean as an international student do I have a lot of chance?

23-01-2009
trendsetter

hmm hi i want to go to fit im pretty sure but i dont know what to major in. i was looking on their website, what should i major in if i want to go into fashion journalism or styling?

windowshopping

Does anyone know anything about FIT's online fashion courses offered or has anyone taken one before?

26-01-2009
front row

I was filling in the Academic History on MYFIT and now I'm really confused. Well I filled in all the information for "School 1" on the first page, which is about "the first school you attended" (which I'm pretty sure is elementary school). I went on to the next page, and there isn't any place to fill in about the rest of the schools I've attended like middle school and high school. Did I do it wrong? Am I supposed to fill it in with high school information? Someone help me....

Last edited by butterfly; 26-01-2009 at 01:54 PM.
26-01-2009
rising star

if i remember correctly, the page after should look the same as the one you filled out before. that's where you fill out the next grade you attended and at what school, and so on till your senior year i guess. just read really carefully is all i can really say. it was really confusing when i filled it out too, gl!

front row

^^There should be a link that says add school or something to that effect... it's somewhere below all the details that you just filled on the same page, you'll find it for sure, don't worry that happened to me too

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
Albert Einstein
27-01-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francheska View Post
Also I applied a while ago but now I called them just a few hours ago and they said they can´t make a decision without my TOEFL results. Is there a deadline for completing an application for the Fall of 2009?
and also is it hard to get in? I mean as an international student do I have a lot of chance?
I'm not too helpful because I don't recall aplication stuff, but I wanted to say there was a guy in my classes from Spain. I think it isn't more dificult to get in because thinking about it I had classmates from Cambodia, Korea, Japan, France, Canada...

I would look on the website for more information http://fitnyc.edu/html/admissions/Wh...ply/index.html

Good luck!

27-01-2009
windowshopping

Oh, you could also apply for Spring if it ends up being too late for fall.

I was about to attend EDSI (In Sabadell) but a few days before the semester I opted to stay with my now husband in the US. I had no idea what to do then, so I applied to FIT for the spring (it was late August.) It worked out just fine, and I graduated in January '07... or was it '06? lol

27-01-2009
trendsetter

which sewing machine do they use?

27-01-2009
windowshopping

Industrials of course, but other than that I can't say, because there was a mix. In one room you'd have a few brands. There would be a couple of overlocks and things too.

I think I saw Juki and Singer?

27-01-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany View Post
Industrials of course, but other than that I can't say, because there was a mix. In one room you'd have a few brands. There would be a couple of overlocks and things too.

I think I saw Juki and Singer?
yeah oke ofcourse industrials, but i mean that student also have to make it home.. and then they need shew machine, and i don't think they will have industrials at home..

27-01-2009
windowshopping

I, and many others, had our personal machines at home. Other students used sewing labs or signed out the classroom as a group.

A few classmates I knew had their own industrials at home, but to have a machine you have to buy it. FIT doesn't give students machines, just time at the labs.

Being me I bought a dressform for home too! No extra commute for me, eh!

27-01-2009
front row

Thanks, ablazex and obsvr. I figured it out. I just had to choose yes on the question "Did you attend another school?". But now I'm stuck again. What am I supposed to put for "document of completion" for my elementary school? I graduated from it but I never got a diploma or anything.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attending, fashion, fit, house, institute, open, technology, york