How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by thercbray View Post
I totally get you! I stressed so much about mine, too. Even though it was a living document that I was working on for several years because I had to wait until I was about to get out the military.

Did you submit it yet!? How did you feel when you hit that button. I was so excited, yet apprehensive that I would wait all this time and not get in or forget something.

Oh and my essay was over by like 3 words, I hope that doesn't get me rejected either.
Yeah I've submitted everything already. I'm just waiting for my high school transcripts to arrive. It took too long for my high school to send via Parchment. I just hope everything works out. February is so close to have to resend.

22-01-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthh View Post
Yeah I've submitted everything already. I'm just waiting for my high school transcripts to arrive. It took too long for my high school to send via Parchment. I just hope everything works out. February is so close to have to resend.
YIKES! Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

windowshopping

Quote:
YIKES! Hopefully it won't take too much longer.
Everything is in now.
Now I just wait.

Do you know when letters/emails start being sent out?

Im waiting on 3 more schools still.

24-01-2014
scenester

Quote:
Everything is in now.
Now I just wait.

Do you know when letters/emails start being sent out?

Im waiting on 3 more schools still.
Officially April first they send letters out although I know in the past people received their letters as early as mid march, I think those are mostly academically outstanding students. I also hear one way is to check your myfit because you'll have a new tab called current students or something to that effect around that time.

windowshopping

Quote:
Officially April first they send letters out although I know in the past people received their letters as early as mid march, I think those are mostly academically outstanding students. I also hear one way is to check your myfit because you'll have a new tab called current students or something to that effect around that time.
Thank you!
And good luck to you.

31-01-2014
scenester

Quote:
Thank you!
And good luck to you.
Same to you!

windowshopping

Quote:
Same to you!
So I ran into a problem. I received an email yesterday saying that I still needed to send my Fall grades transcript despite already having sent my transcripts with falls grades on them. They've accepted the transcripts I have sent and then added another row on MyFIT saying fall is needed.

I called my current school and they checked to see that Fall grades were listed and they are.

Tried calling FIT today since I'm West Coast and FIT closes earlier in the day for me. On hold for 30+ minutes and dropped call. Then now it's busy.

And today/tomorrow is the deadline. Ugh, so stressful.

And now Im back on hold with an expected wait time of greater than 15 mins.

EDIT: Taken care of.

Last edited by Anthh; 31-01-2014 at 04:25 PM.
31-01-2014
scenester

Quote:
So I ran into a problem. I received an email yesterday saying that I still needed to send my Fall grades transcript despite already having sent my transcripts with falls grades on them. They've accepted the transcripts I have sent and then added another row on MyFIT saying fall is needed.

I called my current school and they checked to see that Fall grades were listed and they are.

Tried calling FIT today since I'm West Coast and FIT closes earlier in the day for me. On hold for 30+ minutes and dropped call. Then now it's busy.

And today/tomorrow is the deadline. Ugh, so stressful.

And now Im back on hold with an expected wait time of greater than 15 mins.

EDIT: Taken care of.
Phew! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out.

scenester

for those awaiting a decision, a good number have been sent out already. some others will be mailed tomorrow and the rest over the next two weeks. I found out that I didn't get in, but best of luck to everyone else!

scenester

Just reaching out to see if anyone is starting this coming fall? I did some soul searching and decided this was the school for me, so I'm taking non-degree, credit courses in the evenings through the continuing education program and I'll reapply for the spring. For anyone that was either rejected or wait listed this may be an option.

windowshopping

recently accepted to fit
Hi everyone, I was accepted into the fall 2014 FMM program at FIT. I am SOOO looking forward to this! I wanted to know about the internships classes that they offer. I was really interested in the FMM 491 where you intern at London for May and June. Does anyone have any info on this ?

27-05-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by *classic gal* View Post
Hi everyone, I was accepted into the fall 2014 FMM program at FIT. I am SOOO looking forward to this! I wanted to know about the internships classes that they offer. I was really interested in the FMM 491 where you intern at London for May and June. Does anyone have any info on this ?
I'm super interested in that as well, though not until after my third year. My recommendation is to call the department and ask them, I, pretty sure you will have to get a recommendation and/or approval beforehand. Other than that and a presentation of what you learned at the end a journal, I'm not sure of much else. If you do call, would you please share what you learn.

windowshopping

Nice!
I got accepted for FMM and will be attending in the Fall.
I'm doing a 1 year program since I already have an Associates.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attending, fashion, fit, house, institute, open, technology, york