How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2013
Some Like It Hot

Pretty Much Everything: Trade Edition by Inez & Vinoodh

Quote:
Publication Date: Feb 2013 | ISBN-10: 3836527936 | ISBN-13: 978-3836527934 | 720 pages
Two artists, one vision. This title deals with the enigmatic and genre-defying work of Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin's work has graced the walls and pages of some of the world's finest galleries and fashion magazines, and if it is surprising that their photographs easily float between these worlds, it is by virtue of their ease in creating imagery that seeks homes in both culturally elite and mainstream outlets. For some of their photographs, such as their portrait of Bjork or campaign for Givenchy, van Lamsweerde and Matadin have worked in collaboration with the art directors M/M (Paris), who have also designed this sumptuous retrospective that looks back at "pretty much everything" that the photographers have been working on for over two decades and has brought them to the forefront in the fields of both art and fashion. from amazon.co.uk

02-02-2013
fashion elite

^Such a shame I cant find that book. It looks very good...

Tim Walker - Storyteller is an amazing photography book. Very simple design which goes very well with the over the top photography and the dreamy tests around it.

22-04-2013
Some Like It Hot

This is as much information I can find at present but this book sounds intriguing.
Quote:
Olivier Zahm: A Photographic Diary of Fashion, Art, and Sex

By Olivier Zahm & Glenn O'Brien

Paperback: 600 pages
Publisher: Rizzoli International Publications (18 Feb 2014)
ISBN-10: 0847841383
ISBN-13: 978-0847841387
*Amazon.co.uk

windowshopping

Arthur Elgort's Models Manual, ISBN: 0-9639236-0-9

It's a mix of editorial, candid, portrait, from about the 70s -> . Not current. But if you're fond of the 90s models, it's a great book. Highly recommended.

Versace Signatures, ISBN: 1-55859-596-1

features the work of Irving Penn, Herb Ritts, Richard Avedon, and so on
lots of great Versace outfits from the 90s

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
books, fashion, photography, recommendations