How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2008
backstage pass

Fashion and Schools in S. E. Asia / China / Hong Kong?
hi guys im in desperate need of help as i kinna feel im running out of time. im looking 4 an institute in south east asia 4 apparel and footwear design.they need not be in the same institute but must have an english medium of teaching....for instance (no offence)i wouldnt want to spend 2 years learning japanese as ive herd.lol anyway..il be loking forward for feedbacks and informations starting now.so guys be nice and smart. thanks a lot in advance kakaposh

15-05-2008
front row

wow.... i m too finding a fashion school right now out of hong kong. hasnt been easy. most school admission around asia has closed around early this year. but i have also applied here in hong kong with very few choices of school in limit. still waiting....

which country are you looking into study in particular ??

16-05-2008
backstage pass

thank god someone replied!lol. ok i want it anywhere in singapore,malasia,china and japan as long as it has english mid of learning,besides i dont mind you giving me some ideas and suggestions too.BTW which institute did you apply for?tell me more

07-11-2008
front row

hong kong based designers
are there any Hong Kong based Designers here ?
searching in forums and post its complicated ...
so i just had to ask ! ?

05-12-2008
windowshopping

hey, i know this has been a long time ago post but did you find any institute with footwear design? I think its quite difficult to find footwear design courses in southeast asia unless you are looking into places like Japan.

06-12-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala_dev View Post
wow.... i m too finding a fashion school right now out of hong kong. hasnt been easy. most school admission around asia has closed around early this year. but i have also applied here in hong kong with very few choices of school in limit. still waiting....

which country are you looking into study in particular ??
can a person study fashion in china to work in europe or us?
I think it's impossible...

27-02-2011
windowshopping

Fashion Industry in China
Hi everyone, I'm relatively new on tfs so forgive me if there's a similar thread already!

Most of the things discussed here are based on US/Europe, and I don't really see a lot of networking for Asia Pacific areas

I'm from Hong Kong and will be graduating this year, would love to get into the fashion industry, but I feel like theres no where to start!!

So, here I am calling out to everyone in Hong Kong and China, those of you who are already working and those of you (like me) who are looking to learn more about it all! Leave a message so we know who each other are :p

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Merged with two other threads ... because it' looks like several people have looked for more information about fashion in this region. And it also looks like there's not a lot of members from South East Asia, either.

We do have a thread on Bunka School in Japan, for anyone who might be interested in this: Japan-Bunka Fashion College

Last edited by BetteT; 27-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.
29-03-2011
windowshopping

There aren't that many accredited design or fashion schools in Hong Kong. The only one I know is the fashion program from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

Here's the link: http://www28.polyu.edu.hk/aseprospec...01010&langId=1

The deadline is in 2 days, so you might not enough time to apply. But I hope this helps.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asia, china, fashion, hong, kong, schools