How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
stilista...have you got any examples of your stuff?...
nueva...how about you?....
I'm too shy to post anything....would make me feel funny!!!

29-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

yeah...i was like that for a long time too...
i understand...but it would be nice to see everyone's diferent styles...

29-01-2005
trendsetter

i feel the same.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
I'm too shy to post anything....would make me feel funny!!!
i feel the same stilista im shy but i think we are nice people here (soft, nueva and you) so thats why i post it.......when u feel more secure post, we like to see your work and see different styles.........it would be more than nice.....

29-01-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xone
thank u for your comments stilista, softgrey and garuda......im glad u liked it ,ill scan other and post it maybe tomorrow

ps garuda what do u do??
I'm not a photographer if that's what you mean

31-01-2005
front row

Ohhhhh I wish I saw this thread earlier. Softgrey I really dig the "afraid to fly" image...I always wondered who styled that. Xone thats awsome too! I hope I'm not stepping on toes, or being a party crasher here posting images...I'd rather do a scan but I don't have a scanner either, so i'm just gonna post some random stuff i have on the computer. It's raw unfortunately, i wish i had the photoshopped version. Ohh and if you go to www.stylusmodels.com
I styled the "coming soon" page, it was from the same shoot.

Now jumping onto the boat about pay, I get paid the same amount to style a testing for a model here in Toronto, as I do doing an editorial. Softgrey hit a really great point about tears. They know you're getting one, and they take advantage of that. But those tears are priceless. Plus alot of editorials for some magazines are submissions, and not commissioned to be done. It really is something we do to get our kicks, and some street cred. Softgrey, Nueva, and Zone are you guys still doing alot of Creatives(is that what you call them down there)?? The real money for stylists is totally in campaigns, commercial work, and wardrobe consulting. Softgrey and I don't have scanners...that's probably because we've been doing too many editorials and can't afford them.

For another example of photographers not making tonnes on editorial, consider a photographer named Gabor Jurina, who's canadian, he books alot of editorials, and has shot Stam and Warsame...yet until recently he shot for Stitches (I'm not sure if stitches is a canadian thing or not,but it's like hyper low end crap).

Stylists and Makeup artists may seem like subordinate beings, lady grey, but we've got a fine tuned understanding of the industry, and we're very closely knit with the gossip and going rates. I can back Softgrey through personal experience on the going rates...even fashion school kids can back us up now that I think about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0432.jpg.jpeg (53.5 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by tristan; 31-01-2005 at 11:36 PM.
01-02-2005
trendsetter

To Tristan:cool!
hey tristan....cool stuff i like it........saw the COMING SOON page and it was great too!.......i was in your city like 10 years ago (i have familiy there) but i remembered very well cause i loved it,very nice city!..thanks for your words about my work,like i said before i do art direction and styling i mean i go for the first idea,concepts and also see the clothes, i work with a partner as a duo.......hows fashion movement in magazines in Canada???and keep posting your work,regards........XONE

02-02-2005
PopWillEatItself

[QUOTE=softgrey]my work...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/? [/QUOTE

Softgrey, I'm trying to look at your work but the link directs me to the fashion spot min page.... am I doing something wrong? I would really like to see it if I have your permission....

02-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

that is my work dear...
i styled and directed that image...

02-02-2005
backstage pass

Good luck today! Shooting at sunset sounds beautiful I'm jealous!!

03-02-2005
trendsetter

thanks but......
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
Good luck today! Shooting at sunset sounds beautiful I'm jealous!!
dont be hehehe the sunlight it long very short time so we had to twist the editorial.......i hope it will result good stuff....very tired now.........good model though

03-02-2005
front row

Beezeejus, I'd love to watch the sunset and clip clothes back on a warm beach right now! hmm I'm kinda feeling out the international scene right now, sofgrey. Before I joined an artist agency, I found it really easy to get myself work just through my contacts, but makeup artists who haven't had an agency have had a harder time. Just wondering if it's the same in the big apple.

Last edited by tristan; 03-02-2005 at 12:25 AM.
03-02-2005
trendsetter

cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
Beezeejus, I'd love to watch the sunset and clip clothes back on a warm beach right now! hmm I'm kinda feeling out the international scene right now, sofgrey. Before I joined an artist agency, I found it really easy to get myself work just through my contacts, but makeup artists who haven't had an agency have had a harder time. Just wondering if it's the same in the big apple.
are u working on something now, Tristan.......keep to post your work pls!

04-02-2005
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
that is my work dear...
i styled and directed that image...
I figured it from reading the rest of the posts....

Very attention grabbing... especially the wings.... the styling is dark but elevated by the wings into something celestial... Could we see some more please?

05-02-2005
front row

Ok, this is a select from a contact sheet I found on my computer, it was shot in the summer by paul pacey(sorry there's a big red dot and a number at the bottom right corner, but i didn't wanna photoshop it out)...oh I'm on the paul pacey website too www.paulpacey.com! I'm the first picture after you click enter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-contact.jpg (24.1 KB, 93 views)

06-02-2005
front row

A little thing after a paid test that me and the the photographer decided to do. We were being random, and did a pirate thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sam.jpg (165.4 KB, 78 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, feedback, share, stylists, work