A blog dedicated to Russian fashion and culture is hiring freelance writers.
We are looking for a creative person who can write lively and entertaining articles about Russian designer collections, style, trends and possibly art and fashion history. Knowledge of Russian fashion/culture is not required, but will definitely be a plus.
You will be expected to:
- write about the given topic as well as pitch your own ideas
- produce 200 - 500 word posts 2-3 times a week
- write fast and meet required deadlines.
Please pm me or send an email to email@example.com with links to examples of your work and your short bio.
Handbag Authenticator - Luxury Desginer Bags & Accessories (Santa Fe, NM)
Real Deal Collection - Authentic Luxury Handbag Consignment Boutique is looking for an AUTHENTICATOR of Luxury Designer Handbags & Accessories to join our team. The position requires specific knowledge on the details which determine whether an item is genuine or counterfeit. We only accept authentic designer items, and seek an expert in brands such as Bottega Veneta, Celine, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, and Prada.
Individual needs to know at least one brand extremely well, along with the desire to learn how to authenticate more brands via training and research. This Handbag Authentication position will also be trained on Handbag Appraisal & Pricing as well as light Bag Cleaning (microfiber cloth & lint roller mostly) as we only accept new to gently used items. Individual will work downtown in both our office space, and on our boutique floor to assist customers and accept authentic items in for consignment, trade-in or direct buy. Customer service experience a plus.
Please tell us about your authentication experience, which brand(s), years of experience, and level of expertise. Feel free to stop by our downtown boutique at 223 W. San Francisco St. across the street from the Sandoval Municipal Parking Garage.
Last edited by RealDealCollection; 21-06-2013 at 08:33 PM.
theFashionSpot is Looking for a Full-Time Social Media Manager
Location: New York, NY
Job Description: TheFashionSpot.com is seeking a highly motivated and results driven Social Media Manager with 3 + years of online experience in beauty/fashion/style or entertainment social media. This position will be responsible for the voice and content programming on all social media platforms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of social media experience in online publishing
• Experience with web analytics and online social measurement
• Superb writer, editor and social content creator
• Established social media presence preferred
• Basic image editing skills and knowledge of Photoshop or similar photo editing software
• Solid understanding of SEO best practices and social media trends
Interested? Send your CV and social media experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Editor, theFashionSpot.com
Fashion Photography Production Assistant/Coordinator | NYC + LA
Fashion Photography Production Coordinator + Assistant
1 position in NYC, (Gramercy)
1 position in Los Angeles, (Venice)
NYC + LA Fashion Photography Producer seeks Production Intern. Responsible for delegated tasks from Executive Producer including (but not limited to), location scouting, casting, updating wordpress websites, placing holds, assisting in arranging travel + hotel + cars, arranging paperwork + contracts + permits + call sheets, compiling estimates + invoices + receipts for final billing, assist to Executive Producer on-set.
Mac OSX, Wordpress, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Adobe PDF
*Previous experience in Fashion Production a plus*
EXCELLENT communicator, Positive Attitude, Multi-tasker, Self-Starter, Timely, Strong Problem Solver, Passionate about Fashion, Photography and Film.
Day rate paid upon experience
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter + Resume to: FashionPhotoProduction@gmail.com
Luxury Goods Photography | Digital Technician + Retoucher
DIGITAL TECHNICIAN + RETOUCHER (Los Angeles, CA)
Luxury Goods Still-Life Photographer + Surf Documentary Director hiring digital technician / digital capture + retoucher for advertising jobs 2x / month (about 6 days). In-Studio retouching after job (1 week). Potential for full-time post-production manager, retoucher, digital technician position if it’s the right fit!
• Digital Tethered Capture to Mac System
• On-set Retouching (sorting layers, aligning layers, pathing, color correction)
• Archiving (on-set naming, tagging, etc)
• Building composites on-set
• Processing images for web + email for immediate approval by client
• Uploading images to website for client
• Transfer images to office server
• Ensure all digital assests are intact and safe
• Mac OSX
• Adobe CS / Adobe Photoshop
• Digital backs
• View Camera (Rollei)
• H3 System
• Mamiya RZ
• Tethered capture
• Monitor calibration
• Focus Bracketing / Focus Stacking
*Surf experience a plus!*
• Excellent communicator
• Grounded in fast-paced environment
*Surf experience a plus!*
Day Rate based upon experience
Salaried if it's the right fit. Generous + Negotiable.
How to Apply
Send resume and examples of retouching work to: FashionPhotoProduction@gmail.com
Last edited by Schneider_Méli; 05-08-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Montclair State University, College of the Arts (in New Jersey)
Seeking a Fashion Design Assistant Professor
To begin September 1, 2015
Application due: November 15, 2014
Montclair State University seeks Fashion Design Assistant Professor in the Department of Art and Design to begin September 1, 2015. Major responsibilities will include teaching, advising, and research. PhD, MFA, or MA in fashion-related field, university teaching, and business/industry experience required. Teaching assignment may include but not be limited to: apparel design, flat pattern, draping, textile/apparel industry, fashion illustration, fashion forecasting, product development, assessing apparel quality. For earliest consideration, please apply by November 15.
Applicants must include a letter of application addressing qualifications, scholarship agenda and goals (research and/or creative work); vitae; a one-page teaching philosophy; sample course syllabi; samples of student work; samples of recent creative and/or scholarly work; three letters of recommendation with contact information; and copies of transcripts.
Applicants must also send documents to:
Dr. Abby Lillethun
Chair, Search Committee V#F18
Department of Art and Design
Montclair State University
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07043
Must include 'Vacancy #F18' as a reference.
Last edited by BetteT; 19-10-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Product and Digital Marketing - Intern | Guangzhou, China
Product & Digital Marketing – Internship | Guangzhou, China
- Identify influential fashion bloggers and engage them
- Style trend research for USA and UK. Once a week review of fashion magazine.
- Assist and discuss style selection
- After selection, check sample quality and viability for our target audience
- Ability to provide strong input for platform and communication imagery (visual communication), steer the creation process will be an advantage
- Support in product shoot
- Create and manage media deck and press assets
- Create and manage social platforms (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Develop loyalty and engagement programs. Control customer acquisition costs and maximize Return on Investment for our promotional budget.
- Fashion related articles for our blog
- Build and manage a pool of fashion content creator for our collaborative blog
- Technical background in fabric and/or apparel construction will be an advantage
- Strong internet presence on social media will be an advantage
- An excellent command in at least Excel and Word
- Basic photography skills (for Instagram, mood board and such)
- Very good command of photography will be an advantage
- Good command of Photoshop will be an advantage
- Good command in Illustrator will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to dive deep matched with the ability to think big
- Must be native in either English or another European language
- English is a must for all applicants (verbal and written communication)
- Priority will be given to applicants who can start working earlier
How to apply:
Send us your application to hr/at/innerstreets.com | replace /at/ with @
Cover letter and resume are required for application. We also strongly encourage applicants to send the following elements (facultative), if any:
- Portfolio for any creative work (photography, fashion design, graphic design etc.), Regardless of the level of portfolio (hobby, amateur, professional)
- If the applicant has a blog about a hobby or any other topic, to provide us link(s). If the applicant has written any article for another blog and/or medium to provide us with link(s). This is for us to get a better idea about the applicant’s writing style and expression. If your blog is heavily visual, you can also provide links.
We do not require the applicant to be a native speaker, however the ability to express oneself in English is critical for this position.
Brief company introduction and working style:
We are a startup based in Guangzhou (Canton), China developing our own online sales platform for apparel and accessories.
We are currently in testing phase, and our startup is the result of a collaboration between our logistic company (b2c and b2b logistics) and our manufacturing company (women apparel) supported by our own coders.
E-commerce for apparel and accessories is a 15.9 billion USD market in Europe and 44.9 billion USD market in USA. We believe we can disrupt the current state of the market by having our operations based at the source, enabling us a faster turnover in our offer along with a much more cost-efficient supply chain. Our own manufacturing capability should also lend us a strong advantage for that purpose.
Guangzhou is an international megalopolis ranked as the fourth biggest financial city in China and 3rd most prosperous city in China. Canton is located in the Guangdong province, the heart of the apparel and textile manufacturing, where companies such as H&M and Hugo Boss among others have also chosen to establish their R&D offices.
Our firm work philosophy is to iterate fast and improve often. We like to keep our teams small, our process streamlined and put great emphasis on rapid decision-making within the team by either having a short command chain or by granting greater responsibilities to our team members.
Internship Compensation: Based on profile
Start-up clothing line seeking experienced technical designer
We are looking for an experienced technical designer who knows how to relay our ideas from merely an idea to a physical product.
To be successful, you must have a thorough understanding of how to take the vision we have for our clothes and transform it into something tangible which can be easily understood by a manufacturing factory.
In order to do this, you will need to know the technical aspects of fashion w/regards to different textures & materials and how to detail each aspect of our designs & visions into tech packs to be sent to manufacturers.
Please e-mail me at my personal e-mail email@example.com to state interest.
FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY DUO IS LOOKING FOR A STUDIO INTERN IN NYC
New York based fashion photography duo with a wide range of international clients seek a new studio intern for day-to-day operations.
Intern should be someone who is well-versed in fashion as well as photography and production. They should also be flexible, eager to learn, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and extremely organized.
Intern works closely with studio manager on the photo archive and various administrative duties as well as on-set production and social media.
The ideal candidate for this position has the following:
- Knowledge in photography and/or fashion
- Eager to learn and positive attitude
- Have patience and pay attention to details
- Interest in retouching, photo editing
- Responsible, detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- Passionate, creative, and enthusiastic
- Excellent writing skills
- Excel, Word and Powerpoint, photoshop, in-design proficient
The intern should be available 3-5 days a week from 9:00 am-6:00 pm. The intern should be able to commit to 4-6 months. The internship will be paid depending on applicant’s previous experience and knowledge.
Duties will include, but are not limited to: organization and maintaining of the photo archive, assist in the planning, organization, and execution of photo shoots, research organization, social media and general administrative tasks. Candidates must be EXTREMELY organized and able to multitask.
To apply: Please send resumes and cover letter to Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2 Weeks Ago|
Shop Around Tours offers fashion-themed group tours to Europe and we’re looking for commission-based sales reps to spread the word about our product.
Since we began operating tours in 2001, hundreds of fashion-loving shoppers have traveled with us. Our passengers live to shop and love to travel. We offer public tours sold via our website and private, customized tours for groups of ten or more people. Please visit our website at www.shoparoundtours.com to familiarize yourself with our offerings.
We’re looking for creative, motivated and enthusiastic people - sales experience isn’t necessary.
If you’re interested in supplementing your income by promoting a great product, please send us an email - no calls, please – to info(at)shoparoundtours.com and tell us why you’d like to join our team.
|comments, job, opportunites, paid, post, wanted|