How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2006
windowshopping

Burns, Scars And Bruises Workshop
HOSTED BY: MESS Studios

DATE: June 10, 2006

TIME: 10am - 6pm

Cost: $325

MESS is proud to offer this gruesomely exciting workshop that's all about wounds, trauma and gore! Due in part to the ever-growing popularity of reality-based crime shows like "CSI," "Homicide" and "Law & Order," even "regular" makeup artists are sometimes called upon to make a bruise or a cut. Participants will leave this 8-hour workshop capable of applying the basic trauma effects that every professional makeup artist needs to know how to do.

MESS has invited special effects guru Craig Lindberg to host this one day seminar- His recent credits include the films "Munich" and "War of the Worlds," both directed by Stephen Spielberg - and he has been passing on his knowledge for nine years through this workshop that he developed.

* WORKSHOP OUTLINE *

There is no prerequisite for this workshop - beginners are welcome.

With Mr. Lindberg's capable guidance, you will learn the unique characteristics of the Five Categories of Wounds:

• Incisions
  • Lacerations
  • Punctures
  • Burns
  • Abrasions
For more information please contact Natasha at 212.643.3192 or visit our website www.messnewyork.com

10-05-2006
etre soi-meme

i'm looking for a promising, hard working and talented intern located in Athens (Greece) to help me out as assistant stylist..
you'll get a chance to connect with the 'industry', learn the 'tricks', help out in shootings and meet all your fave local 'stars'
please sent me a PM

11-05-2006
windowshopping

Headhunter
i am looking for a job in Milano, does anyone know a good headhunter angency (fashion, jewellery, assesories)
Would be great
THANKS

windowshopping

Filipino Montreal Designers Wanted
Filipino Montreal Designers Wanted
The Filipino Organization of Concordia Unversity Students are holding their very first cultural fashion show early next year.

I am currently looking for young designers here in montreal who would be interested in demonstrating their work in a fashion show.

This is a cultural-based event which aims to promote awareness of the filipino culture in Montreal by showing different types of filipino dresses and costumes while giving a chance to our Filipino designers to showcase their work of art.

We are also looking for beautiful and committed young filipino people who are willing to give modeling a shot if they haven't yet tried doing so.

Send me an e-mail : katherined23@hotmail.com

15-05-2006
windowshopping

Factories in London
Ok, so this is the closest subsection i could find.
Does anyone know of a reliable cheap factory in london who are good with sportswear and loungewear?

15-05-2006
a dim capacity for wings

well, depending on what you are looking for ... i think your request would better be situated in 'careers and education' (if you intend to work with them/their products) or 'shop till you drop' if it's for personal use rather.
just tell me and i can move the thread for you or merge if there already is a similar one

edit: moved to c & e as requested by gsibayan.

still it would probably be helpful if you could elaborate on what you need the information for etc.
thanks!

Last edited by Estella*; 15-05-2006 at 02:17 PM.
15-05-2006
etre soi-meme

i dont think you will find 'factories' in London, most UK manufacturers are located outside London

15-05-2006
V.I.P.

^Yes...the old garment manufacturing district in the East End is mostly run-down now...all the factories are now loft apartments! It did exist up until the early 90's though..... they're all mostly outside the M25 now.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
17-05-2006
windowshopping

Fashion Design Call For Entries
Groundbreaking Fashion Design Competition

HATCHFest 2006 is a student based arts festival based in Bozeman, Montana. The festival is a springboard for new talent and empowers the next generation of artists by connecting them to industry leaders through personalized group workshops, panel discussions, educational opportunities, and a national and international audience.

The final winner of the fashion competition will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a chance to work with designers, stylists, and other seasoned veterans in the field of fashion. They will also gain priceless knowledge of the world of fashion design. The winners chosen will have travel and accommodations paid for to attend HATCH.

Criteria will be based upon:
• Sketches of ideas
• Originality
• Basic dress making and tailoring principles
• Fit and modification of final garment
• Presentation of completed collection or pieces

Deadlines:
March 1 - June 30, 2006

Visit http://www.hatchfest.org for details.

17-05-2006
about to fall or fly

thanks for posting! i'm merging this into the "wanted" thread here at careers and education.

windowshopping

Fashion Mentors
Hello tFS!!!
As you can see I'm a newby to this whole thing. I hope this thread actually goes through. I'm here to make a serious request. We all know that it is no longer a faux pas to admit that it's not so much how good you are but who you know in this industry (and pretty much all others). So I'm here at probably the best place to ask: Where can I find a Fashion Styling Mentor?
I'm just looking for someone in the NYC area who can show me the ropes and lead me in the right direction, and in turn I can get their coffee, answer their calls and whatever else is needed. Basically I'm looking for an apprenticeship. Any takers? - StarvingStylist

18-05-2006
windowshopping

welcome to tfs starving stylist i like your idea of asking for mentor/apprenticeship. i dont know of any people i could recommend.. im not from around nyc. id be interested in a similar mentor/apprenticeship with a fashion designer in the chicagoland area. pm me if anyone is interested or knows of anyone

18-05-2006
V.I.P.

beata and starving, i'll merged your posts into the "wanted" thread, i think you'd get more of a response here!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

Last edited by Pastry; 18-05-2006 at 10:28 PM.
19-05-2006
windowshopping

This place is great!

19-05-2006
etre soi-meme

still looking for an assistant stylist in athens (greece)
please pm me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted