How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2006
windowshopping

I would LOVE to write for your online publication! Are you still looking? Pretty Please?

31-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

EIR - does it have to be paid? I saw couture lab are looking for people for their website in London....and check out NAP as well.

31-10-2006
windowshopping

Hi!

I am currently living in Newport, RI and working for a megayacht brokerage. I would give anything to be able to work in the fashion/retail industry. I have applied everywhere I can think of in the area but saying you want to work in fashion in RI is like saying you want to be a lobsterman in idaho....

This is my desperate attempt at soliciting advice from the experts here at TFS. I have a mortgage and a car payment so I obviously would need to be compensated in whatever job I take... I am just looking to get my foot in the door and gain some experience. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

31-10-2006
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
EIR - does it have to be paid? I saw couture lab are looking for people for their website in London....and check out NAP as well.
it doesnt really need to be paid but it would help. i'll check those out thanks

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
03-11-2006
windowshopping

in urgent need of a t-shirt sample maker in australia
does anyone know of a good sample maker in QLD, for t-shirts? We have our own specific cuts, so we cannot just go to a screenprinter and have them printed, because they only have the basic style t-shirts.

The only problem is we have a photoshoot scheduled for the 6th december (1 month away), and have 25 t-shirt designs that would need to be ready by then... Unfortunately, we cannot postpone the photoshoot, because we have 2 male models from germany who will be leaving australia on the 10th december.

Can anyone suggest a good.. sample maker. I live on the gold coast, so anyone within one hours drive would be perfect, or in brisbane would be great?

Also, do you think it would be possible to get all the 25 different samples ready by then?

04-11-2006
front row

hi Allvogue, i recall a supplier that visited us here in Bahrain months ago to pitch for making the V8 race t-shirts. i'm not sure where their company is located in Australia but i'll check the contacts tomorrow at the office and send to you. you do have a very very short period before your photoshoot though and i really wish you luck and hope you manage to get these samples before

06-11-2006
windowshopping

thanks, really appreciate it.

06-11-2006
scenester

HI!! Everyone. I am a Fashion Student and I have a project in which I have to interview a Fashion Designer.. I was wondering if someone in here is interested . There are only 15 questions. I can e-mail you the questions and whenever ur done just do the same e-mail them back . I will reallky appreciate your help. Thanks.

06-11-2006
Wanderlust

I compose and digitally remix music mainly for fashion shows and other related projects. If anyone is in need of a special runway soundtrack or anything of that matter, please do let me know. I have examples of my work if needed.

07-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

kate - have you tried looking at RIDM or something like that. I mean the big Rhode Island school of design. Maybe taking an evening course there would help you out a bit.

07-11-2006
front row

Anyone in Sydney,Aus!! looking for work experience
I'm 18 yrs old and I'm a fashion student and I'm looking for any work experience, internships in the metro Sydney area. I'm interested in Magazines, styling and behind-the-scenes stuff, and I beleive I'm extremely hard-working. Please PM me. TIA

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvaar
I'm 18 yrs old and I'm a fashion student and I'm looking for any work experience, internships in the metro Sydney area. I'm interested in Magazines, styling and behind-the-scenes stuff, and I beleive I'm extremely hard-working. Please PM me. TIA
Maybe someone esle is interested as well, you may be interested in either Alexander McQueen in the UK or Heatherette in NYC, both hire more interns that most other houses and companies I've experienced, the pay is minimal, the hours are long and the roomates are many...

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."
08-11-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
kate - have you tried looking at RIDM or something like that. I mean the big Rhode Island school of design. Maybe taking an evening course there would help you out a bit.

Yes I have thought of that... I've got to try to find the time... working two jobs is not conducive to spare time!

I'm working on it.

Thanks for your reply!

08-11-2006
windowshopping

I also wanted to add:

See! I'm hard working!

09-11-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateadams
Yes I have thought of that... I've got to try to find the time... working two jobs is not conducive to spare time!

I'm working on it.

Thanks for your reply!
RISD also offers summer programs, it could become a summer vacation present to yourself...

There is also a community of people from either Blogger or Live Journal who blog their daily lives at RISD if you're interested, you can find both of my accounts on www.thedesignstudent.com and there is a button that will lead you to my profiles, on one of the accounts freind lists you can source the RISD daily update for yourself, I'm guessing it was the LJ account and I do read it periodically for a taste of design student life...

There world is yours Kate, and it's there if you want it...!

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted