How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-11-2006
V.I.P.

In Los Angeles ... Internships

This was posted on Heidi Merrick's Myspace ... so don''t contact me ... I'm just passing this along:

"We are accepting applications for design interns here in downtown Los Angeles, email us at Heidi@heidimerrick.com"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=13852288

12-11-2006
rising star

Fashion Show Insider!!!
Metro Detroit area only

The show is this coming Saturday, do message me if you happen to have an interest as soon as you're able!

I wish there had been more notice...!!! Very last minute opportunity that became open, closed and open once more, once it's confirmed you are gold and it's all you!!!

Details:

I might decide to offer a VIP evening for a Canadian Fashion Show in London, Ontario on the 18th of November...

If this might interest you, message me for details and I'll provide them as soon as I'm able.

First message is for first consideration when I decide.

...and yes, here is my fashion joke photo from 2 nights ago, so MySpace...sigh...!

If you are a member of The Fashion Spot, welcome home; you will understand!!!

My Graduate Photo!

My Teacher, Mariacarla...!

The Head Master of The Academy!

It's a Zoolander, Mariacarla supermodel reference! If you find the humor in the first 30 seconds, you deserve to attend the show...!

Otherwise, opportunity might still be available, others are near the top of the list, though you might be able to charm me while last minute details are forming early this week and the opportunity will vanish before Wednesday comes to a close!!!

If you found the humor, love the offer, don't hesitate another moment and message me right now!!!!!!

Yeah, I have the mouth and spirit, it's the eyes that need work before my masters degree...!!!

Headmaster Karl wears the shades, so as not to have you under his immediate spell...! The sign of a true professional babes!

www.thedesignstudent.com

I'm still getting a handle on The Fashoin Spot, I believe this is in bounds and appropriate, it's basically a free night for this coming Saturday if you truly love fashion and we have some chemistry, the night might be opened to a girlfriend of yours also, send me a TFS message for details...

It's free and a gift from me, it's not a promotion, my plans happened to fall through very last moment and though I do know more friends much better from MySpace, Live Journal and a variety of other digital communities, I thought where better than The Fashion Spot.

Basically I'm going if I have to air drop into downtown London and I thought someone else might both appreciate the prospect and have chemistry with me and we'd all go together, I have 3 pages of details for anyone who's local to me and the Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan area.

We'll be seated with the London, Ontario boutique owners in attendance and the designers family! Complimentary sushi anyone, I might try one with an import if I'm in the mood!

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."

Last edited by Lena; 13-11-2006 at 07:46 AM.
12-11-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore
I compose and digitally remix music mainly for fashion shows and other related projects. If anyone is in need of a special runway soundtrack or anything of that matter, please do let me know. I have examples of my work if needed.
Thank you Salvatore for being such a true gentleman, it's been great getting together with you in digital; I can improve my broken bits of Italian and trading words might be fun as well, love the soutrack, definite runway potential!!!

"I thought I was an indie fashion bladerunner, where's the secret room in this place that leads to enlightenment..."
13-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Thanks for the info designstudent. I'm going to be moving to Detroit area (Windsor) at the end of Jan./early Feb. so maybe if an event is going on then we can meet up

15-11-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Thanks for the info designstudent. I'm going to be moving to Detroit area (Windsor) at the end of Jan./early Feb. so maybe if an event is going on then we can meet up
Very cool Meg, I am also the organizer of Detroit Fashion Scene, it's an upstart community for 2007 I began assemblying earlier this autumn...

The primary purpose is to arrange, coordinate and publish the indie fashion scene show schedules for the state of Michigan.

Detroit Fashion Scene is in its infant stage on MySpace, though I'll be opening up to a larger dot com for 2007 and we have promoted our third show with two more potential promoters signing on an additional two events a couple of hours ago...

I searched for the better part of 3-5 years to be informed of the new show schedules and it's usual to see photos from one week ago or discover an opportunity to walk out the door 10 minutes before showtime!

Since I was unable to source the person who published the indie fashion show schedules for Detroit, I became him...

I'm Dave too...!

18-11-2006
backstage pass

i am base in London and currently looking for a position in fashion marketing and PR. any news?? thanks

27-11-2006
windowshopping

In need of a photographer (for fashion shoot) Australia, QLD region
Hi,

I am looking for a professional photographer who is looking to build up their portfolio to do a shoot for a new high-end mens clothing line.

I will list the details here in bullet points as it is easier to read.

* The photoshoot will consist of 2 male models from Germany. I will refer to them as Model (A) & (

* The entire shoot will consist of approx 20-25 photos and shouldn’t take more than a day

* 1-2 photos will be taken on a building rooftop and all the remaining photos will need to be taken in a studio (as I need a pure white background in the photos). I might be able to arrange the studio with my university, as I am pretty sure that they have a white, green, and black background studio. But if you have access to a studio even better.

* Model (A) - will be photographed on the building rooftop
* Model ( - will be photographed (in the white background)

* The photoshoot will need to be taken in the QLD region, preferably on the Gold Coast, and it will need to be held anywhere between the 4th - 15th december, as one of the German models, (Model (A) is leaving Australia on the 16th december). The only other option we have to have the shoot at a later date, is if we take the rooftop shoot which will only consist of 1-2 photos before the 16th, and have the white background shoot at a later date (as Model ( is not leaving australia until mid-january).
Otherwise we can just do the entire thing in the one day, if it is convenient for you.

Okay to give you a basic rundown;
* The clothing we are selling is more prestigous then your basic $20 t-shirt, and the prices for a piece in our line are going to range between $110-$160 each. So it would be great to include in your portfolio as opposed to doing a photoshoot for target.

* The photographers name will be included at the bottom of all advertising campaigns including the website, posters, magazines, brochures etc (at their own choice ofcourse). In addition to this, we are collaborating with a plastic company to design major billboards & signs which will be positioned in certain locations around the Gold Coast, and we are also going to produce an enourmous flag with an image from the photoshoot which will be placed outside the Chevron Renaissence building on the Gold Coast highway, which currently receives thousands of bypassing traffic. Can you imagine what this type of exposure could to your name (as the photographers name will be at the bottom of the flag).

* The last thing I need to mention, is that I am in the start-up phase with tons of other expenses and I don’t have a huge budget. So we are looking for someone who is seeking to build up their portfolio, wants to build a relationship with us, and get their name out there. Ofcourse we are willing to pay you, but keep in mind that it would only be a small amount.

If you think you are interested and are passionate about becoming a well-known photographer, please PM me or reply to this thread, so that I can arrange to talk with you.

Cheers,
Chris

07-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvogue
Hi,

* 1-2 photos will be taken on a building rooftop and all the remaining photos will need to be taken in a studio (as I need a pure white background in the photos). I might be able to arrange the studio with my university, as I am pretty sure that they have a white, green, and black background studio. But if you have access to a studio even better.

Chris
This might interest you as a reference for studio fees, according to a number of the Model Mayhem classified posts from MM dot com, studio rental fees for the 4-wall is an average of $75 USD for a half day of 4 hours and $150 for a full day between 8 and 10 hours as of December 2006, based on an estimated average of viewing a majority of the conversations and publicly posted information...

The New York and Los Angeles studios might be a bit more in terms of rental fees, though the mentioned rates apply to Detroit, Michigan, Portland, Oregon, Florida's multiple markets and a number of assorted American and Canadian locales...

It might be an interesting perspective to consider while searching for your photographer and studio space....!

07-12-2006
rising star

Speaking of deisgner education, I attended the Grand Opening of the Detroit Fashion Incubator on Friday, December 1st...

I have additional membership information and photos I'll share as soon as I have the oppportunity! It's a wonderful resource for members of The Fashion Spot in the northern United States and southern Ontario!

Students and designers are welcome, there is makeshift manufacturing space that might become available in the future in the form of grants...!

I am a new friend of the creator and founder, Michael Delon...

09-12-2006
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesignStudent
Thank you Salvatore for being such a true gentleman, it's been great getting together with you in digital; I can improve my broken bits of Italian and trading words might be fun as well, love the soutrack, definite runway potential!!!
Oh thanks Dave!

03-01-2007
windowshopping

Is there anything available in Toronto, Canada?

05-01-2007
trendsetter

*Please see tFS Guidelines - no selling/buying*
also is anyone looking for a Trainee writer for a fashion/woman's magazine?

Last edited by Hanne; 09-01-2007 at 04:39 AM.
05-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprainha
Writers wanted for new on line style publication launching soon.
looking for writiers with wit, heart and passion.
is that you?
OMG- i just posted a 'writer available' ad, and here you are offering one
anyways have sent you a message. You didnt mention your location, hope that doesnt spoil it for me....

front row

Hi everyone! My name is Kimberly and Im a fashion student (I'll be graduating from FIDM in March with a degree in Fashion Merchandising/Product Development). At the moment I'm working as a freelance fashion writer, and Im also interested in learning the business of a wardrobe stylist (so if there are any stylists out there who need an assistant, I'm your girl!). I'm back and forth between Los Angeles and Bakersfield right now.

So far I've published one fashion article, and I've done dozens of gigs online for fashion, lifestyle and entertainment websites and such. Here are some of my writing clips:

- Are Designer Jeans Worth The Price?
- How To Wear Ankle Boots

Shoot me a pm if you like what you see!

09-01-2007
backstage pass

just wanted to say that the jeans article is interesting

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted