How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2009
tailored

Elle Fall Interns to work with Creative Director
ELLE is looking for interns who are available FULL TIME (5 days a week) to work in the office of the creative director (Joe Zee). Job responsibilities include overall administrative work, photo shoot prep, sample trafficking, research and some errands. May be some opportunities to assist on photo shoots. Must have a basic knowledge of the fashion industry and be extremely organized and efficient and be able to multitask. Previous magazine/fashion experience is preferred. This internship starts in August and ideally this person would be available until the end of the year.

Please send a short cover letter, resume and availability to efreelance2@hfmus.com with the subject "Fall Internship."

15-07-2009
tailored

Cosmo Fall Photo Interns
The Cosmopolitan Photo Department is searching for sharp, go-getting interns for the Fall 2009 semester.

Interns assist the Photography Director and Photo Production Associate in tasks ranging from archiving newly-received film to photo shoot production. Eligible candidates must be able to work a minimum of 2-to-3 full days a week and eligible to receive credit.

It is an unpaid internship but a great opportunity to experience one of the busiest, most successful magazines in the industry.

Please send your cover letter and one-page resume to Micah Rubin, Photo Production Associate (mrubin@hearst.com) or mail to: Micah Rubin Cosmopolitan Magazine 300 West 57th Street 38th Floor New York, NY 10019

trendsetter

I'm in search of amature/professional size 8-10 models to use in my capsule collection for my studies. I don't have any particular height or appearance requirements because I would be thankful for any help! This work isn't unpaid/paid as of yet just because I'm not familiar with what dates I will need my models. I know that I would need to meet with you once or twice for a fitting as well as a marking day. Models won't be disappointed. If there is any members from TFS that were interested in looking into modelling but not necessarily professional, and in the Sydney CBD area I would love to hear from you: jessicad57@hotmail.com!

tailored

Vogue Fall 09 Fashion Editorial Internship
Vogue is looking for motivated interns to work in the Fashion Editorial Department for the fall semester of 2009. Interns must commit 3-5 days a week, starting as soon as possible and ending in December. You MUST be enrolled in college and be able to receive academic credit for this internship. Please send your resume and availability for the fall to: veronica_gledhill@vogue.com

tailored

Harpers Bazaar Fall Fashion Interns
Harperís Bazaar magazine is looking for interns avail to start early to mid-August and work at least 3 full days a week for the remainder of the f/w semester. Candidates must have general knowledge of and passion for the fashion industry, be responsible, hardworking, dependable with a can-do attitude. Responsibilities include sample trafficking, creating story boards, faxing/filing/admin, and assisting the fashion market team with general duties. The position is unpaid but you will learn a lot about the inner workings of a leading fashion magazine. Documented academic credit required. Please send resume with cover letter to sconly@hearst.com.

tailored

Glamour Magazine Fall Fashion Interns
Glamour Magazine’s Fashion Dept. is looking for fall 2009 interns. You MUST be available AT LEAST 2-3 FULL days/week & currently enrolled in college to be eligible per company policy! Please do NOT respond if you don’t meet these requirements. We’re looking for ambitious, responsible, & organized interns who love fashion & are excited about the industry, willing to work hard, & eager to learn. Interns work directly w/ fashion editors & assistants, gaining experience with loaned samples, making inspiration & story boards, picking up from designer showrooms, & helping prepare for photo shoots. Occasionally, interns go on photo shoots to assist the stylist & sittings assistants. Fall interns start in mid-late August & end in mid-late December. If it works out well, we will ask you to return for the next semester or happily refer you elsewhere. The internship pays $12/day. Please email us ASAP at glamourintern@gmail.com. We will call you, if we're interested, for an interview.

tailored

Seventeen Magazine Fall Art Department Interns
Seventeenís art department seeks motivated, detail-oriented, EXTREMELY organized interns beginning mid-August and continuing through December. Candidates must be able to commit to 2-4 full (10am-6pm) days per week. For college credit only. Internship is unpaid. Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and be extremely comfortable using InDesign.

Please send an email to Emily Addis at eaddis@hearst.com, NO PHONE CALLS, with the subject FALL ART INTERNSHIP. Please attach your resume, a few lo-res portfolio samples, and your availability.

rising star

Company: modaCYCLE

Description: The fashion web site made by fashion photographers.

Position: Intern

Paid or Unpaid: Unpaid.

Commitment: Minimum 10 hours per week for two months.

Job Description: Interns will assist the editors and prefects in covering the New York fashion scene through showroom visits and scouting walks, as well as helping to coordinate with our European and Asian partners. Interns will also assist in visual content production for the site including photo editorials and video segments.

Requirements and preferred abilities:
- Candidates should demonstrate solid writing skills.
- Candidates must be 18 or older.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a college or university degree program or recently graduated.
- Familiarity with Adobe software such as Photoshop, Premiere, and Dreamweaver is a plus.
- Knowledge of fashion is a must.

rising star

Company: Wikifashion

Description: Wikifashion allows fashion lovers to catalogue clothes, designers, shows and all things fashion in a highly effective and collaborative way.

Positions available: Editors/Writers

Location:Brisbane,Australia (however due to the nature of work- candidates can work from home).

Paid or Unpaid: Unpaid.

Job Description: Accepted candidates will assist the project coordinator with writing,researching and editing of articles.

Requirements:

-Candidates should have solid written communication skills.
-Enrollment in a fashion school/relevant degree or a general interest in the fashion industry.
-It is desirable for candidates to have knowledge of Wikipedia markup, however this is not required.

Please contact: madeline.veenstra@wikifashion.com

windowshopping

Major Modelling Agency seeks late summer/fall 09 interns
Company: Major Model Management
Email: brandi@majormodel.com
Internship Location: NYC
Details of Internship:
Do you want to break into exciting and glamorous world of modeling? Spend your days leafing through glossy magazines, putting together portfolios, helping organize open calls?

We are looking a few good interns to learn the ropes of the business in a fun, fast paced environment.

We prefer 5 days a week from 10AM Ė 5PM.
Start Immediately.

tailored

Vanity Fair PT assistant to Design Director
Seeking a responsible and reliable student, or recent graduate as a part-time assistant to the Design Director of Vanity Fair magazine. The candidate is required to commit to two full days, as well as each Friday afternoon per week. First and foremost, one must be attentive and a quick learner, capable of working efficiently and thoroughly, while multitasking in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that one is organized and meticulous, and approaches and completes one’s tasks in a thoughtful and efficient manner.

Responsibilities include:
-Create and diligently maintain a dummy book and mini board for the current and upcoming issues
-print out and distribute lineups and manuscripts
-help designers organize and put up research and shoot photos on the wall of the planning room
-keep the department and planning room organized

Please send resume and cover letter to Jocelyn Selig at Jocelyn_Selig@condenast.com

windowshopping

Company: FASHIZBLACK MAGAZINE.

Description: Translate fashion articles from french into english for our English version which should me launched in September.

Positions available: Editors/Writers

Locationaris,France (candidates can work from home).

Paid or Unpaid: Unpaid. If the candidates are located in Paris, they will be allowed to be present during the beauty & fashion editorials, they will receive invitations for fashion shows & showrooms.

Requirements:

-Candidates should have no problem translating and writting in English or French.Plus, knowing fashion terms is required.

To apply : redaction@fashizblack.com

04-08-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteb123 View Post
I just wanted to know if anyone out there knows anywhere l could hire clothing in London, looking for vintage, unique pieces. Have relied on the Charity shops so far but l'm running out of space to keep all these things l've acumilated over the years, so l really need to find somewhere l could hire stuff, any help would be appreciated.
Try Carlo Manzi in west hampstead, the rates are good and the staff are very helpful.

04-08-2009
windowshopping

WANTED!

Fierce fashion interns who have it together looking for work experience during New York Fashion Week!

Tim Howard Management, an agency that reps some of the industry's top talent such as Julia von Boehm, Brian Molloy, Shay Ashual, and many other talented artists more is looking for a dedicated, driven, hard working person to assist us in covering New York Fashion Week. We are not looking for nonsense people who are just interested in going to shows, this not a free pass. You will gain valuable insight into the goings on of New York Fashion Week and all of the things that lead up to a fashion show. You will be responsible for covering test sessions, backstage before the shows, capturing our artists in action, conducting artist interviews, so on and so forth. Remember, we are looking for fast, focused individuals who can handle the rush of Fashion Week. This will be very faced paced and you will NEED to be able to keep up!

Send a cover letter ,resume and picture (optional) to Marcus at info@timhowardmanagement.com

You will need to be available 2-3 days a week for the position starting in late August, early September. Interviews will start being conducted next week.

M
x

04-08-2009
windowshopping

@@@@ Fashion Showcase In Nyc!! @@@@
WHO: ANYONE WHO LIVES IN NEW YORK CITY!!
HAS A FASHION BACKGROUND!!
WANTS TO LEARN AND EXPERIENCE!!

ANY MODELS? (PICTURES PLEASE & SIZES)
ANY MAKE-UP ARTISTS ? (PORTFOLIO PLEASE)
ANY DESIGNERS? (PORTFOLIO PLEASE -- YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE BEST DRAWING SKILLS. IDEAS ARE MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT?)
ANY PHOTOGRAPHER ASSISTANTS? (PORTFOLIO PLEASE)
A DJ? (MIXTAPE ETC)

WHAT: A FASHION SHOW

WHEN: SUMMER 2010

WHERE: WILL BE INFORMED ONCE YOU GET THE POSITION

WHY: IT'S A GREAT EXPERIENCE AND WILL SOCIALIZE WITH GREAT HOMIES OF MINE AND OTHER GREAT FASHIONISTAS ALSO IT'LL BE GREAT FOR FASHION RESUMES!

I DON'T MIND IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH SEWING OR ANYTHING RELATED TO USING A MACHINE. HOWEVER I WOULD WANT TO WORK WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS/HAD EXPERIENCE AND WHO HAS THE ZEST FOR FASHION.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.. PLEASE E-MAIL ME @ S.LEEY@YAHOO.COM
I WILL REPLY QUICK. PROMISE lol

thank you also for the people who replied back to my past threads about this occasion Benjamin & Ashley Bullock

HOPE MANY OF YOU WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@@@ WE'RE ALSO LOOKING FOR SPONSERS @@@

THIS SHOW IS NOT A ONE-MAN SHOW. WE WILL NEED A BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE TO MAKE THIS SHOW BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED

----------------------------------

THIS IS VOLUNTEER WORK ONLY!!

WWW.SARAHLEEY.WORDPRESS.COM
WWW.LAVISHLIVEZ.COM
WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/LAVISHLIVES
WWW.STYLESOVICIOUS.COM

Last edited by Lee-Sarah; 04-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted