How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2009
windowshopping

WWD Los Angeles-Seeking Fashion Intern
Women's Wear Daily's Los Angeles office is seeking motivated, creative, and detail-oriented fashion interns for the Fall 2009 semester. Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited university at which they are eligible to receive credit for the internship.

Interns are responsible for assisting the Market Editor, managing the closet and keeping a precise and detailed inventory of all items checked in and out, as well as organizing and verifying credit information. An interest in working in fashion is key, as this opportunity allows for a great amount of experience. Previous internship is ideal, but will accept applicants with other forms of relevant experience. You must be in the Los Angeles area for the Fall semester to qualify.

If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to wwdfashionintern@gmail.com with Fashion Intern in the subject line.

04-08-2009
V.I.P.

Looking for: Editors, content writers, and current fashion design students wanting to blog about their education

Looking for: Editors, content writers, and current fashion design students wanting to blog about their education

A new educational website is being launched at the end of summer for all things related to fashion and textiles learning. The mission of the website is to enable people who want to learn, to learn by providing a variety of resources. Fashion design is extremely difficult to learn on your own if you do not know where to start and also a lot of information is guarded for some strange reason. On Fashion-Incubator.com Kathleen Fasanella once said "I’m just glad humanity in general hasn’t agreed with fashion designers otherwise we’d have been reinventing the wheel repeatedly." Nothing could be more true.

This website aims to rectify that situation and is not meant to replace or compete with pre-existing websites, instead we aim to fill the gap that currently exists between Fashion/Runway/Style websites and DiY sewing/craft websites, and as such we will not be having any of this type of content on the website. We will however have some sewing information as that is an integral part of fashion education and there is no way to avoid it...though we will still encourage people to check out the more in depth sewing sites as well.

We are currently looking for volunteers interested in the project who believe in our cause. We are looking to build a small tight knit team of dedicated people. These positions are good for current students wanting respectable fashion-related extra-curriculars on their resume, fashion marketing/journalism students wanting to flex their creative muscles on projects outside of the framework of their current studies, bloggers or business people who want to promote their websites, industry people wanting to get their name out there more, and even people who are not students or working in industry but just want to be involved.

Requirements: Belief in the mission of this project and able to dedicate yourself as described in the position. Yep! That is the only requirement. The fashion industry is full of all kinds of personalities...several are completely insane (I'm certain one of my instructors was)...why would we limit this only to the ones with "cheerful dispositions"? If you are a right-out b*tch with too much estrogen but you believe in the project and are able to fulfill the position you applied for, we want you!

If you want to be part of the project please see this informational post on LiveJournal:
http://anniejackson.livejournal.com/6184.html

06-08-2009
rising star

A Rebours Zine is looking for contributors:
A Rebours is a themed monthly party held at Catch 22 offering visual and aural pleasures. Hosted by Reece Prince Watson, Resident DJ's include Reece Prince Watson, the glamourous Glimmer Sisters and the eclectic French Letters made up of SHOWstudio and Vivienne Westwood. Guest DJ's have included Todd Hart, The Junkettes, Princess Julia, Mixtape Margo of EXIT Magazine and Martin Sure.

As part of the night there is also a limited edition zine complementing the monthly theme showcasing the very best of emerging and established East End talents. This months theme is 'Hong Kong Garden' and I have some really exciting East End Artists and Writers involved, but I am still looking for more, if you would like to be involved then I would love you to submit original photos, paintings, sketchs, poems, articles or what ever oriental and debauched then please email me at:

reecewatson@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

10-08-2009
windowshopping

NYC jewelry designer Eddie Borgo is looking for full-time interns to assist in his busy SS10 NY Fashion Week preparation. This season,Eddie will be working with different designers on the jewelry for their shows in addition to completing his Eddie Borgo namesake jewelry line. He is looking for someone to start immediately. An ideal candidate must possess a hard working, can-do attitude as you will be learning all the in's and out's of NY Fashion week preparation.
Duties would include: sample trafficing, research, organization,
errands and filing/ faxing.This is an un-paid internship with
exceptional first-hand experience with a new up and coming jewelry designer.Please e-mail: info@eddieborgo.com

Last edited by greatscott2000; 10-08-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: formating
19-08-2009
windowshopping

Volunteer for a Fashion Community Project
Calling all London-based fashion enthusiasts, this is a great (unpaid) opportunity to contribute to the community, improve your skills and beef up your CV!

The Project
I am currently applying for a grant to start a community project for fashion enthusiasts - Fashion Launchpad. The aim is to engage professionals to conduct a series of workshops in fashion illustration, fashion design, fashion journalism, fashion photography, and fashion business start-up (topics are tentative). These workshops will be FREE for participants (and of course for volunteers). Towards the end of the workshops, the works of these volunteers (yes, volunteers too!), participants and other young designers will be compiled, published in a fashion journal of sorts, and distributed to major fashion magazines and fashion houses.

The Objective
The objective of this project is to provide a starting ground for young talents to have their works published and recognised, as well as to provide fashion enthusiasts with opportunities for learning. We all know that the fashion industry is one that is hard to break into without sufficient funding and contacts, so this is a great opportunity for volunteers to get an inside look into the industry! More details will be confirmed, subject to the grant being approved.

Volunteer!
I am seeking volunteers for various unpaid roles, such as:

a) Creative - in charge of designing the fashion journal (end product); collaborates with Publicity/PR Director wrt website prodution and any other task creative-related.
b) Editorial - in charge of info on website, and editorials/features on fashion journal
c) Publicity/PR - contacting sponsors, publicising our project, etc... the works!
d) Workshops - in charge of planning the content and schedule of workshops, main contact person for workshop speakers

The roles will be confirmed after the grant is approved. You may be reimbursed for transport and food expenses.

You should be:
- VERY enthusiastic about fashion (any aspect will do!) and the community
- Responsible
- Prompt with meeting deadlines
- Based in central London from mid-Sept onwards (the planning work from now till mid-Sept will mainly be coordinated through emails, so it is possible to work from home)
- Able to commit till March 2010 (this is tentative)
- A good team worker
- Be full of ideas to help Fashion Launchpad take off!

What you'll gain:
- A rare publishing opportunity!
- Contacts in the fashion industry
- Increased knowledge
- A great experience to talk about

How to apply/More information
Interested individuals, please send a write-up to Cherie at fashionlaunchpad@gmail.com which includes the following:
- Your age and current education/employment status
- Your reasons for volunteering and which role you'd like to undertake
- Your fashion background (Note that this is merely for my information purposes and will not prejudice your application. I myself have very little experience - which is why I'm starting this project!)
- How much time you will be able to commit
- What you can offer (e.g. do you have any contacts, prior experience etc.?)
- Your availability during the winter and easter holidays (Note again this will not prejudice your application)

Please note that this is a not-for-profit community project proposed by an individual, not organisation. I had the idea for this as I am strongly interested in fashion illustration and journalism but find that there are limited venues for young people to further their interest. Applications will primarily be judged based on enthusiasm and willingness to contribute. Please drop me an email or leave a comment if you'd like more information!

P.S Feel free to repost this elsewhere, thanks!

24-08-2009
tailored

Elle Magazine Fashion Department FT Intern
ELLE Magazine seeks a full time intern to assist an editor in the Fashion Department. This is a very involved internship where the right candidate will be able to see the inner workings of a high profile fashion publication. Previous fashion internship experience is a must.

Responsibilities include:
-Facilitating the trafficking of samples
-Creating inspiration boards for editors
-Scheduling appointments
-Secretarial duties (ie: updating contacts, organizing)

Qualifications:
-Extreme attention to detail is paramount to all other qualifications
-A strong passion for the fashion industry
-Self starter with a positive attitude
-Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
-Organizational skills are a MUST
-Available 5 days a week, this is a serious time commitment
-Previous related Fashion work experience is a must
-Must live locally

* We are looking for only those who are in school or are able to receive college credits. (You can also provide a school letter that you are taking a course)

Please contact fashionintern.elle@gmail.com with a cover letter and resume attached. If you do not meet the above criteria, please do not email. If you have applied for this position before, please do not resend your material. We will contact people with appropriate experience.

windowshopping

@@@ Charity Fashion Showcase In Nyc @@@
If Anyone Is Interested In Volunteering For A Fashion Show, Please Feel Free To Email Me: s.leey@yahoo.com

Who I'm Looking For!!!!!!!!!

- Models (picture Please)
- Freelance Designers (portfolio Please)
- Freelance Make-up Artists (portfolio Please)
- Dj
- Freelance Accesories Designer (portfolio Please)

Great Retail Buyers From Lower East Side, Soho, Upper East Side Will Be There At The Show.

The Reason This Charity Fashion Show Will Be Going On Next Summer Is Because My Best Friend Is In Critical Condition From A Car Accident. I Know A 19 Year Old Can't Do Much, But This Is All I Can Do For My Best Friend.

Please, If You Are Interested, It'll Be Greatly Appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Of Right Now, My Permit For The Area Is Processing And Will Take A While. But In The Mean Time, I Will Hope To See Talented People Who Wants To Get Their Name Out And Be A Part Of A Great Successful Charity Fashion Show.

tailored

Allure Fall Editorial Intern
Allure.com is looking for a fall editorial intern to work in its New York City office. The intern will gain invaluable experience (and a small stipend) working at a fast-paced magazine Web site at Conde Nast, the publisher of top magazines including Allure, Vogue, W, Glamour, Self, Vanity Fair, GQ, and Wired. Duties will include: Maintaining social networking sites, compiling traffic reports, blog production, QAing, and giveaway fulfillment. The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior pursuing an undergrad degree in magazines or online publishing. Knowledge of XHTML, Photoshop, and blogging software is preferred. An interest in beauty and the Web is a plus, as is prior internship experience. We are looking for a two- or three-day commitment each week, and you MUST be able to receive college credit.

Please send a cover letter outlining your skills, experience, and why you're interested in the internship, your resume, and two clips, via email: fiona_gibb@allure.com. NO PHONE CALLS.

rising star

Hi!

I'm always looking for stylists in Paris!
Please send your portfolio too: antoniobarros at hotmail fr

09-10-2009
tailored

Vogue Accessories Interns -- Spring 2010
The accessories department at VOGUE is seeking hardworking interns for the spring 2010 semester. The suitable candidate must be extremely proactive and work well in fast paced environments. He or she must also demonstrate a high level of efficiency, the ability to follow instructions and multitask, and a strong willingness to learn. The role is ideal for candidates who have had previous internship or PA experience in the fashion industry and are ready to prove themselves on a professional level. It is also important to work well in a team environment. School credit is required and you must be available 2-3 times per week.

Please email your resume with cover letter to megan_hayes@vogue.com. Applications and enquiries will not be taken over the phone. Email Only.

tailored

GQ Fashion Interns
GQ Magazine is currently looking for highly-organized, motivated, mature individuals to work in the fashion department at their New York City headquarters.

The Fashion Editorial Intern will work with Fashion Assistants and Editors on a wide range of projects for the fashion department. Responsibilities will include maintaining the fashion closet, working with PR companies and designers on sample pulls and returns, preparing for shoots, running errands, and general office support. The ideal candidate would be able to work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, if not in total, then the maximum number of available hours.

The perfect candidate will be highly-organized, meticulous, and attentive to detail. They are able to work quickly and calmly in a high-paced environment on multiple on-going projects. Candidates with strong interests in fashion, design, photography, styling, or magazines/publishing are highly encouraged to apply. The ideal applicant will have had previous fashion or publishing experience.

Email: andrew_vottero@condenast.com

rising star

Company: modaCYCLE
Position: Intern

modacycle.com is a fashion news site run by a group of working fashion photographers.

Interns will work with the editor and senior photographers to produce written and visual content for the site. Activities will include everything from news gathering to photo editorial production to photo editing. This will be a crash course in media production and next season fashion visualization, very hands-on.

You should be able to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to this internship on a regular basis for at least two months.

Familiarity with Adobe software such as Photoshop, Bridge, and Dreamweaver is a plus, but not required.

This is an unpaid position.

tailored

W Spring Fashion Features Interns
W Magazine is looking for 3 spring interns in the fashion features department. Interns will primarily assist our fashion writers and editors with research, transcribing and fact-checking. Additionally, interns should be prepared to handle administrative responsibilities such as assisting Wís Executive Editor, preparing fashion week calendars, delivering mail and returning samples. Ideally we are looking for students to start in early January through mid May. Interns should be available at least 2 full days and must receive school credit. There is a daily $12 stipend.

Please send cover letter and resumes to wmagazineintern@gmail.com.

tailored

Seventeen Magazine Spring Features Interns
Seventeen magazine is looking for several exceptional interns to join our FEATURES department for the spring semester (January-May) in the following departments: News/Features, Health, Love, and Entertainment. (In the subject of your email, please specify which department youíre interested in). Please note: This is an unpaid internship and you MUST receive college credit. We are looking for students who have a background in journalism, who are familiar with Seventeen, and who are OBSESSED with teen culture! As a features intern, you will transcribe interviews, research, pitch story ideas, write for seventeen.com, and more. You should be available 3 days a week; priority will be given to candidates who can work 4-5 days a week. Please state your availability. Thanks!

To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Elisa Benson, associate editor, at 17internship@gmail.com

tailored

Harper's Bazaar Winter and Spring Art/Design Interns
Harperís BAZAAR is looking for dedicated interns to work in the Art/Design Department for the winter/spring semester of 2010. Duties include, but are not limited to, organizing the art flow, scanning images, updating the ďbookĒ and mini walls, and most likely getting to design a few pages. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is appreciated, as well as a major relating to graphic design. Ideally the intern will commit to 2-3 days a week, starting in late December/early January and ending in May. You MUST be able to receive college credit for this internship, no exceptions. (Sorry!)

Please send your cover letter, resume, and any design clips of your work to the Design Assistant, Amber, at avanderzee@hearst.com. Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted