How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2006
sleeping

Gen Art International Design Competition
i came across this, though it would be interesting to the talented people here
Gen Art International Design Competition

Closing Date: 17 March 2006

Prize: Gen Art is a non-profit organization that showcases the top emerging talent in fashion, film and the visual arts in New York City and Los Angeles to hundreds of members of the fashion industry and press. We have just begun an international open call to designers and aspiring designers for our annual competition, Styles 2006. The competition will conclude with 25 finalists showing their designs in a high-production fashion show in New York City in May 2006. At the show, a panel of celebrity fashion judges will choose five winners who will each receive a $5,000 cash prize.

Eligibilty: Designer must fall into at least one of these categories:
(i) Currently design for own label/company and has done so for less than 7 years.
(ii) Currently design in your free time.
(iii) Currently study fashion design.
(iv) Currently design for another fashion label or company.

For further details: see the website at:
http://www.genart.org/home.application.htm?itemid=1333
or email: styles@genart.org

18-01-2006
about to fall or fly

thanks mirra - genart is a really great organisation, and the stuff that comes out of their competitions is generally amazing.

windowshopping

Looking for a Fashion designer
Hello Everybody,

My company is looking for a fashion designer (men's line) willing to relocate in Budapest (Hungary). Please send me a PV if seriously interested.

Thanks

19-01-2006
windowshopping

Are here any professional photographers here that are inspired by Guy Bourdin and ...
could help me out for my dissertation by answering a few questions?

23-01-2006
about to fall or fly

January 23, 2006 CALL FOR ARTISTS AND FASHION DESIGNERS for the
A.I.R. Gallery Feminist Fashion Show, co-produced by BUST Magazine and Ladyfest*East.

Artists/fashion designers may submit up to three fashion designs inspired by feminism for the Feminist Fashion Show scheduled for May 20, 2006, at A.I.R. Gallery in New York City.

A.I.R. Gallery, founded in 1972, is the oldest artist-run, not-for-profit gallery in the United States devoted to women's artwork.

Feminist Fashion Show jurors are Valerie Steele (Director of the Museum at F.I.T. and fashion historian), Mimi Smith (artist), Daria Dorosh (artist and F.I.T. Professor), BUST Magazine editor, Kayte Terry (Ladyfest*East Fashion Committee Head), and Hannah Howard(designer, Sexfruit Diety).

Application fee is $20 for up to six images of three designs.

The prospectus is available at www.airnyc.org (on the Opportunities page)

OR email: enidcrow@hotmail.com

windowshopping

Wanted: outspoken fashion journalist in L.A.
I'm bringing London's most listened to breakfast radio show to Hollywood for the Oscars.
I'm looking for a journalist who wouldn't mince their words about red carpet fashion disasters to join us on the evening to pass judgement!
If you think you'd be perfect and you'd like to contribute to the award winning Capital Radio Breakfast Show, please e-mail me.
justin.kings@capitalradiogroup.com
Thanks all!

25-01-2006
tfs star

Hello there,

I am possibly looking for a skilled photographer that is based in Paris who could take pictures for a fashion-related article/interview that I will be doing with someone in there. This would have to be decided rather shortly, it would happen in between the 31st and 8th of February, thus, quite a spontaneous request.

PM me by interest.

25-01-2006
elementary.

haha i wish i was in LA !
so i could be an outspoken journalist . .

etre soi-meme

trico, i may contact a friend in Paris for the shooting..
is this for free or will it be a payed job? (not that it matters but i need to know the situation)
please pm me

25-01-2006
windowshopping

Hey Claire,

Well, what is the idea exactly behind the photoshoot? would the model made to look as a static mannequin or do you have in mind something to make her stand from the rest of the people? Do you already know the location and whether you could do the photoshooting without anyone disturbing ( talking from experience. )

I would suggest to use a red-haired model or at least a brunette with fair skin and more of gamine looks, not too striking features.
Black- white or black-grey or for a more interesting combination 2 tone purple, strippy top or jumper (u can easily find them at new look) over a white shirt. ( cotton or silk )
You can add a loosely- worn black tie.
Light grey, drain-pipe tight jeans and ankle length, high heeled boots in a striking color ( emerald, blue e.t.c )

Take a trip (since you're in London ) at Portobello for any original finds and you're bound to come up with more ideas.

25-01-2006
windowshopping

Hello all designers,stylists,fashion insiders
Hello. My name is Moosa and I'm new here. My company Shikara Fashion is an agency representing the best of the best in fashion. We offer a variety of technical and creative services to the industry including pattern cutting/grading,sample making, and production to name a few. In addition we also have a style and design team for clients needing stylists. We are currently seeking talented stylists,hair/makeup artists, and photographers to work with our clients on a freelance basis. Please visit www.shikarafashion.piczo.com for an inside look at what we do!

26-01-2006
windowshopping

hi all fashion designers
hi, i am amit davda a fashion designer and i m searching for a job as a free lance fashion designer ..... hey anyone can help me for it for a job of fashion designer if u can help me then plz mail me at davdaamit@gmail.com i will b very much thankful to u

26-01-2006
etre soi-meme

hey, why dont you hook up with a rising stylist, you can work wonders with your idea

27-01-2006
windowshopping

Street Style Photos Wanted
Fused Magazine are looking for street style pics of anyone intersting in your city.
All photos must be 300 DPI please.

Please contact info@fusedmagazine.com for more info

27-01-2006
windowshopping

Thanks Lena
( it was me you were refering to, yeah?)

I' ve had a short stint as a stylist for various magazines but although it went relatively well and i have more material for my portofolio, the money was scarce. ( and believe me the cost of living in Milan is definitely not going down.)
But if anyone is looking for a stylist or even an assistant stylist, i'm up for it. Right now i'm trying to start my own handbag line.

What do you do? Are you a designer or a stylist?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted