How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2009
windowshopping

Flare Magazine

FLARE editorial offers three to four-month internships. They have a limited number of positions, and priority is given to journalism, art direction or fashion students students who must complete work-placement hours to obtain their degree or diploma.

Unless email addresses are indicated, applications for editorial internships must be sent via MAIL only.

To apply to one of FLARE’s editorial internship programs, please send a cover letter outlining your area of interest and a resume to ONE of the following contacts:

Art Department, Erin Finlayson
Beauty Department, Carlene Higgins
Copy Department, Laura Flanagan
Entertainment Department, Alexandra Breen
Fashion Department, Erin O’Brien – erin.obrien@flare.rogers.com
FLARE.COM, Aya McMillan – aya.mcmillan@flare.rogers.com

MAILING ADDRESS:
FLARE Magazine
One Mount Pleasant Road, 8th Flr.
Toronto, ON M4Y 2Y5

For more information: http://www.flare.com/aboutus/jobs.jsp

04-01-2010
windowshopping

Top fashion editor/stylist seeks full time intern (5 days per week) to start as soon as possible. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with a well known stylist/ fashion editor on editorials, advertising jobs and fashion shows.

Previous fashion internship a big plus. However, more importantly, the ideal candidate is smart and resourceful, hardworking, dedicated, very organized, willing and able to work long hours and maintain a positive attitude.

Please send a resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this opportunity -- fashionstylistintern@gmail.com

Thank you.

04-01-2010
tailored

WWD Beauty Editorial Interns
Two openings in the editorial beauty departments at Women’s Wear Daily for hard working, detail-oriented spring interns. Candidates must be able to receive school credit and be available for at least half a day 2-4 days a week. Responsibilities include assisting editors with calling in and organizing beauty products, generating story ideas and fact checking. There are also opportunities for editing and story writing (online and in print) as well as covering related events. Attention to detail and a passion for the publishing industry are MUSTS.

The ideal candidate is an independent and efficient worker with an interest in the beauty market (makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrance,
tools, etc…). He/she has editorial experience and is comfortable reaching out to beauty companies and PR agencies for new products and possible story ideas. He/she is extremely organized and can multitask effectively.

If interested please e-mail Belisa_Silva@condenast.com

V.I.P.

FIJI Water - Fashion Week (NY)
FIJI Water is looking for four (4) fashion-savvy interns to make sure the Fashion Week designers, stylists, models, and fashion show guests are not only hydrated but informed as to why FIJI Water’s winning taste and purity makes it an indispensable component of any fashion show.

1). Read the post on our FIJI blog: http://www.fijiwater.com/blog/2009/1...ek-internship/

2). Post your 150-300-word comment on this blog post explaining why you’re the most tasteful, hardworking individual deserving of a weeklong New York Fashion Week internship. Comments must be submitted by 11:59PM PST, January 6, 2010.

3). January 15, 2010: We’ll choose the final eight (8) candidates, who will show off their style and swag in their very own video, along with answering three (3) specific questions from our FIJI Water Events team.

4). January 22-28, 2010: Visitors of the blog will be able to view the videos and vote for their favorite.

Make sure you include your email address when responding to the blog post so we can contact you if you’re chosen as one of our finalists. If we can’t contact you through the email address you included, you won’t be considered.

Check out the blog post for more details. See you at Fashion Week!

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

Fashion Intern-General (Dallas, TX)
Details of Internship:
Local Intern who is willing to assist owner with identifying cost benefits of materials, research possible buyers in the southwest market, assist with design of fashion layouts, work with owners and the showroom rep to email possible buyers and contact fashion editors. Intern must also be willing to run general errands and assist with photo-shoots.

**Strong preference for individuals that speak more than one language (i.e. French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese)

Perks include great experience with an indie company, some amazing contacts, and several free lunches per month.

**If school will accept course credit for the internship we will be happy to complete any paperwork that is necessary to make this happen.

Qualifications in a candidate:
Strong interest in fashion (accessory design preferred) and willingness to jump in and help on all levels! Candidate should be able to commit to a minimum of 7 hrs per week.
Salary: Unpaid.

Dallas, TX
January 04, 2010

contact via - http://freefashioninternships.com/?p...internship=611

06-01-2010
V.I.P.

Stella McCartney Market Week Intern (NY)
Stella McCartney is currently seeking a sales intern to assist during our Pre-Fall market week in New York from January 13-January 22 2010. We are looking for interns to assist with dressing/styling models, merchandising the showroom, photographing the collection and assisiting the sales team with all preparation necessary for buying appointments with department and specialty stores.

This position is unpaid but college credit is available. The Stella team is small so it is a great opportunity to gain experience and see what it takes to run a fashion house through the excitement of market. This position would be perfect for a recent graduate looking to add a valuable experience working with a luxury retailer to their resume.

Prior experience is a plus. A love of fashion, high energy and a good attitude are a must. Hours during this week would be 8:45am-7pm with some flexability.

Any interested applicant should send a copy of their resume and a short description why they are interested in assisting during market. If you can also include two times you would be available to meet for an interview this week or next.

Send Resumes to: Samantha.Shirreff@us.stellamccartney.com

New York, NY
January 04, 2010

08-01-2010
scenester

We are seeking fashion bloggers who are reliable, creative and innovative for a brand new fashion industry social media website launching at the MAGIC conference in Las Vegas. Must have a love and cohesive understanding of fashion and the industry behind it that will translate to web. Selected bloggers will be required to post 3-5 times each week. Must be able to follow and deliver on deadline, pitch weekly, and follow website aesthetic guidelines for posting. This position will begin as soon as possible!

Please send resume, 2-3 published clips (college newspaper is fine) and your idea(s) for the theme of your blog on our site to fashionsocialmediablogger@gmail.com.

(please do NOT pm me, e-mail the address above!)

15-01-2010
rising star

need two more writers for NY Fashion Week
modaCYCLE International Fashion

I'm looking for two more writers to be on the ground in New York during Fashion Week (Feb 11-18).
modaCYCLE was started by a group of fashion photographers who wanted more out of the industry in which they work. This journal is an extension toward that goal. We want to work with intelligent artists who put more than just money and PR spin into their designs. When we report, we are looking for passions, innovation, craftsmanship, intelligence, and examples of excellence in the fashion industry.
http://www.modacycle.com/

You'll be working with our team of 6 photographers, 2 videographers, and 4 other writers. We try to match one writer per photographer, but as you can see we're a little short handed.

I'm looking for people with some understanding of design and art history.

It's unpaid, you'll be exhausted half way through, but you'll be really happy at the end.

journal@modacycle.com

tailored

Harper's Bazaar Editorial Intern--Starts ASAP
Harper’s BAZAAR Magazine is looking for an intern available to start immediately and work 4-5 full days a week for the Spring 2010 semester. Intern will work for the Managing Edit department and must be responsible, hardworking, dependable, and proactive, with an interest in the fashion industry.

Responsibilities include writing and distributing daily gossip column, maintaining magazine archives, photo research, assisting in front of book page design and layouts, and various administrative tasks.

PLEASE NOTE: All interns must be able to receive academic credit for their internship.

If interested, please contact ASAP Lisa Luna at lluna@hearst.com

windowshopping

online magazine looking for contributors, feature subjects
hi-

i started an online magazine while i was living in chicago, and i'd like to start working with new york fashionstas now that i have relocated.

theMAGAZINE(ok) is a month to month project where i feature new designers, makeup artists, stylists, and photographers. since september 2009 i've tried to show diferent aspects of how the fashion process, letting people speak about what drives them, and what makes them want to continue to be creative in such a competitive field. i've featured some great photographers and would love to get new people contributing.

if you are interested, you can see all issues here: www.themagazineok.com, and you can contact me at info@themagazineok.com.

it's a great way to get published, or just get heard.

thank you,

faith bowman

26-01-2010
windowshopping

San Jose Fashion Week: Writers Wanted!
Publication:http://www.sanjosefashionweek.com

Job Description: We are currently seeking Intern Fashion Writers for our site. The position is unpaid, but you will be able to receive credit for school if needed and be published. Experience is not a must,but a plus. We are interested in only those who are dedicated to the world of fashion.

Send your resume with cover letter and sample works(please provide links if on internet) to the Fashion Editor at arriel@sanjosefashionweek.com with the subject of Intern Fashion Writer.

We'd love to hear from you!

02-02-2010
windowshopping

Eddie Borgo Internship
NYC jewelry designer Eddie Borgo is looking for full-time interns to assist in his busy FW10 NY Fashion Week preparation. Eddie works with different designers on the jewelry for their shows in addition to designing his Eddie Borgo namesake jewelry line. He is looking for someone to start immediately. An ideal candidate must possess a hard working, can-do attitude as you will be learning all the in's and out's of NY Fashion week preparation.

Duties would include: sample trafficking, research, organization, errands and filing/ faxing. This is an un-paid internship with exceptional first-hand experience with a new up and coming jewelry designer.

Please e-mail: info@eddieborgo.com

Beauty Blog: Lacroixthebeautyblog.blogspot.com

02-02-2010
rising star

Online fashion boutique www.belladawn.com is looking for 2 virtual intern assistance to assist with daily tasks, e-mailing, website updating, fashion research, etc. We are looking for a self motivated passionate fashion lover to start immediately. An ideal candidate must possess a hard working attitude you will be learning all the in's and out's of retail and fashion. It is an un-paid internship but will receive school credit if applicable.
Please e-mail: info@belladawn.com

windowshopping

I wasnt sure where to post this, but in here is probably better than starting a new thread.

I recently launched a fashion related website and I'm thinking of adding a blog to the site, but I dont think I would have the time to keep the site itself updated and write a reasonably regular blog.. I'm wondering if any tfs'ers would be interested in writing for the blog. Male or Female, pretty much free rein fashion related content. trends/shopping/designers etc.

Maybe you have plenty to say on fashion but aren't tech savvy to write your own blog?

With the site being new, Im still working on traffic levels and getting the name about, but it gets a reasonable amount of traffic and should hopefully continue to grow.. so you should have an audience

Anyway if anyone is interested drop me a PM and I will give you some info on the site etc

Thanks!

01-03-2010
backstage pass

Image Discovery wants you!
Hello, Image Discovery is organizing a super casting in Lithuania (Vilnius and Kaunas) next summer and they need your help. If you are a photographer, you love modelling/fashion bussines or you think you have a good eye and want to help! :p Please, write us: imagediscoveryblog@gmail.com

REQUIREMENTS:

* Speak fluently Lithuanian and English (or Spanish)
* Fashion or model passionate
* Good comunication skills
* Responsible and hardworking

This is the blog: http://image-discovery.blogspot.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted