How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2006
etre soi-meme

no, my reply was aimed to the original photographer poster rockroyalty..

as for me, i'm an x-stylist
..currently consulting & designing for companies, i also work as a fashion journalist for a financial newspaper

28-01-2006
windowshopping

Fashion Designers Wanted
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fashion Designers Ad 1.pdf (71.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by ojiudu-orttega; 28-01-2006 at 10:54 PM.
28-01-2006
about to fall or fly

fused - i'm merging this with the wanted - industry professionals thread in careers & education

tricotine - how i wish i were going to be in paris!

windowshopping

Sewing patterns/designs for sale?
Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if it's a right place to ask about sewing patterns.

I'd like to know how fashion designers work from a sketch to a sewing pattern in a simple steps? What is the best place to look for such people? How those designers sale their designs?

Thanks in advance!

29-01-2006
windowshopping

Lorraine Candy
Does anybody know the contact number/email address for Lorraine Candy, Editor-in-Chief of Elle Magazine?

30-01-2006
tfs star

Sorry I didn´t have a look into this for a while, thanks for your kind offer Lena... this is much appreciated.

I haven´t got my appointment confirmed so far but will send you all my contact details during my stay in Paris.

Francesca, maybe we´ve got further opportunities in the future? It´s actually just the first time that I will be doing this and I would love to branch out... so should you ever consider coming over to Europe and do some work... I´d love to team up!

Would be great if something "solid" would turn out of the TFS networking, we´ve got plenty of experienced and talented people over here, I am so glad about that!

31-01-2006
windowshopping

looking for talented up-and-comers to showcase on tv series
I'm working on a TV series called Making It Big. Each episode showcases a different creative career & 3 talented young pros who want to make it big. Over the course of each episode one of these up-and-comers lands the career break of a lifetime.

For example last season’s Fashion Design winner flew to New York where his work was displayed in the window of Saks Fifth Avenue’s flagship store. Meetings were also booked with the chain’s fashion director, its buyers and New York designer Cynthia Steffe.

This season our 13 new episode include: Fashion Stylist, Fashion Photographer, Visual Merchandiser & Costume Designer. Please let me know if you have suggestions on how I can get the word out about this opportunity.

Info & appliactions are available at: www.forcefour.com/makingitbig

thank you

31-01-2006
windowshopping

Editorial Contribution for new Mag
Iconia :: Online Fashion Magazine is inviting all creatives and professionals in the fashion industry to participate in the first issue of the print version to be published on march 2006.

We are looking for colaboration work in Fashion Photography, Styling, Fashion Production, Illustration, Fashion, Accessories y Shoe Design, Graphic Design, Visual art and Arts with fashion as a main subject, Fashion Journalism, Trend Forecasting, Fabric Design, Models, Street fashion, Hair & Make up, Architecture & Interior Design.

Please send material to iconiamoda@gmail.com
300 dpi (max) 150dpi (min) in jpg or tiff before march 1 2006.

Thank you an we will waiting for your material.

The mag will be available in New York, London, Barcelona, Buenos Aires and Bogotá.

Iconia ::
www.iconiamoda.com

31-01-2006
a dim capacity for wings

thanks for posting, iconia nd welcome to tfs!
this sounds really interesting...
merging into the tfs industry professionals thread

01-02-2006
scenester

Calling all designers....
If you live in LA, NYC, Paris, London, Milan or Sao Paulo and have been designing less than 10 years and have a collecion that is sold in stores consiting of womenswear (at least 10 peices) we may be interested in featuring you for a future issue of Kitten* (www.kittenmag.com). Kitten Magazine is focused on emerging designers around the globe. I am the editor in chief and will be working with my fashion editor to narrow down our selections - just wanted to post here in case there is some raw talent we are unable to scout on our own. Please send an e-mail subject "designer" to:

mike@kittenmag.com

Please include a link to some of your work shot on live modelsor attach a few low res images. Also include contact information. Thanks and I hope to see some amazing things.

-Mike =)

05-02-2006
V.I.P.

Posted by member logged in as CFW

Chicago Fashion Week
Hello,

We are Chicago Fashion Week. We are seeking to help emerging designers to break into the fashion industry by holding fashion shows in the midwest at reasonable affordable costs. We are commited to only fashion. If there is anyone interested please check out our site at www.chicagofashionweek.com

05-02-2006
V.I.P.

........ sorry i couldn't get page 5 to show up and I wanted to make sure that members saw this announcement.^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by model_mom; 05-02-2006 at 10:45 PM.
06-02-2006
windowshopping

Buyers Needed!
Hi, my name is Liz and I'm currently new to thafashionspot! I joined here, because I am working for a company called La Fame De Corp. They are hosting a tradeshow/fashion show and wanted to see if anyone is interested! Anyone can participate as a buyer, manufacturer, retailers, wholesalers, models, singers, dancers. We would like it to be a BIG show in Vegas and wanted to see if anyone can help us out! The funds will support a youth program for underpriveleged children who aspire to be in the fashion, modeling, entertainment industry! Please if interested, check out our website www.nuragstradeshow.com. Thanks! or just e-mail operations@nuragstradeshow.com if you'd prefer that! Thanks so much for your time! You can call 702-458-4860/702-458-4861! Fax: 702-458-4862 Ask for Liz! Thanks!

Last edited by Estella*; 06-02-2006 at 05:59 PM.
24-02-2006
windowshopping

looking for a fashion writer in the states.
I own an online fashion store sells branded clothes like MJ, Dvf, bcbg, etc. Now I am looking for one more part-time fashion writer in the states.
Requirements:
Female (as I only sell women’s clothes).
Read fashion magazines frequently.
Be well aware of fashion brands.
Live in downtown and have time to do shopping.
Have online shopping experience.
Have team-work spirit and always be responsible.
If you are interested in this position, please email me. I will reply to you asap.

24-02-2006
scenester

fashion writing job
Hi, I didnt know your email address. I'm currently a college student at the University of Florida majoring in journalism but it seems like i fit your criteria, I'd be very interested in fashion writing, I have a blog, http://fashionpasses.blogspot.com/ if youd like to see some of my writing and stuff.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, area, comments, fashion, internships, line, los, opps, post, seeking, startup, unpaid, wanted