How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2007
fashion elite

^ the big catalogue clients (neiman marcus, etc.) pay about 10 grand a day

16-04-2007
front row

I know this probably was asked, but how much exactly do male models make for...a days work at a regular print job? How much for runway work?

16-04-2007
rising star

i know someone's agency is asking for $300 USD per hr and up or $3500/day and up for photoshoot, but he's real pro and have done a lot pretty well known campaign"s", i guess for the top model the agency will gives the "stander" rate and hence they are so busy, the client will likely offers more to get them. btw, that rate is before agency takes out the share.

16-04-2007
tfs star

How much do starting models with small (but legitimate) agencies get paid, on average?

rising star

can be $0, modeling job is like artist, you only get pay when you get jobs, sometimes model do free photoshoot to expand their book or gain exposure. local runway pays as little as a pair of jean or 200-300 and agency take at lease 15% out of that.

16-04-2007
tfs star

^Thank you! Karma!

How about after the fees are paid back?

V.I.P.

check the thread titled modeling expenses.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ses-38476.html

27-06-2007
when the rats run riot

allure magazine had a page of model-related statistics-
according to them, a model of the ranks of daria or gemma could get up to $20,000 for walking in just one show...

27-06-2007
V.I.P.

^I'd never think that Gemma, a girl with a sweet, Powerpuff Girl-like face could make that much money all on her own! It's amazing.

28-06-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
How much do starting models with small (but legitimate) agencies get paid, on average?
That's impossible to say. People assume that there is a set salary, but it's always different depending on the type of job, the client, the hours...etc. So it's really difficult to say. If you're with a legit agency, you're being managed well and you're booking good jobs, you should do well for yourself. There is no ballpark figure. It's different for every model depending on what kind of work she/he does and how much.

28-06-2007
when the rats run riot

i'm sure that models do make all different kinds of money, but another allure statistic- the average model makes somewhere around $27,000...
maybe that will give a ballpark figure for anyone who's wondering-
i'm guessing that as long as you keep getting work, you will keep earning more and more. but if you aren't getting any work then you might just end up being in debt to your agency..

28-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's happening View Post
so linda's "10k" quote is true?
10k isn't even that much.

If you add up the number of times they'll walk a runway in a year-- you can figure that their yearly salary rarely exceeds $200,000 (again, not really an OBSCENE amount of money), and even then, it's not consistent (always new faces showing up).

The only models that make more than that are the ones that branch into stuff like television commercials, being an actress, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692 View Post
i'm sure that models do make all different kinds of money, but another allure statistic- the average model makes somewhere around $27,000...
maybe that will give a ballpark figure for anyone who's wondering-
i'm guessing that as long as you keep getting work, you will keep earning more and more. but if you aren't getting any work then you might just end up being in debt to your agency..
You shouldn't be obligated to pay your agency back. If your agency takes you on and assumes the paradigm that they'll be able to find you work, if they can't, then the agency should calculate who it takes and who it doesn't more carefully.

Oh, and em692, you said that the average model makes 27k, now, is that a model that works for like Ford or IMG, or is that a model who works for some regular suburban model/talent agency?

Last edited by marsmars; 28-06-2007 at 10:30 AM.
28-06-2007
fashion icon

oh wow...
i wish im blessed with the height and the look and the body.

28-06-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsmars View Post
10k isn't even that much.

If you add up the number of times they'll walk a runway in a year-- you can figure that their yearly salary rarely exceeds $200,000 (again, not really an OBSCENE amount of money), and even then, it's not consistent (always new faces showing up).

The only models that make more than that are the ones that branch into stuff like television commercials, being an actress, etc.

You shouldn't be obligated to pay your agency back. If your agency takes you on and assumes the paradigm that they'll be able to find you work, if they can't, then the agency should calculate who it takes and who it doesn't more carefully.

Oh, and em692, you said that the average model makes 27k, now, is that a model that works for like Ford or IMG, or is that a model who works for some regular suburban model/talent agency?
I don't think that's true. Is it just your opinion?

fashion insider

Most agencies take 20% of what each model makes...they have to have a way to make money and run their business. They need computers, phones, an office space, etc.

As for models, I can't really say how much the HUGE models make, but - I know that at my agency which is relatively small compared to somewhere like Ford or IMG, often the models make like $1500 just for one day of shooting - so I'm sure that the more well-known people make tons more than that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, average, expect, model, paid, post, read, rules, thread